Dr. Purvisha Patel, MD

Dr. Purvisha Patel, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Purvisha Patel, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Germantown, TN. She is 42 years old and has been practicing for 16 years.

7658 Poplar Pike

Germantown, TN 38138

• Coventry Health Care of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Patel

See how frequently Dr. Patel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dermatitis
Cancer
Skin Cancer

Dr. Patel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Univ Of Va Sch Of Med Hlth Sys
    Medical School | Graduated 2001

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Patel's Performance
Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Patel was incredibly unprofessional and condisending. As an educated woman and a physician spouse I’m particular about who I see. Since I was new to the area I took a risk with no recommendation. I normally see experts in their field (published, academic physicians that are highly ethical and treat based on the latest medical publications). She wanted to biopsy a mole that day. I declined and 2nd opinion said unnecessary! Just had annual check in AZ and clear again! Don’t let her touch you!!
Arlington, TN |
Called yo make an appointment for a very bad rash. Great place. Seen the same day. Thanks for the immediate help!!
in Collierville, TN |
Dr. Patel was very attentive to my concerns, she spent time trying to advise the best treatment options for my skin and after care. I will be back for my yearly checks with her. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating.
Atlanta, GA |
Horrible, nightmarish, unprofessional, discourteous. Loss of words. Do not go there, it is a scam
West Memphis, AR |
This clinic is the worst. I had to wait almost 2 hours to see the doctor. He then comes in and barely takes a look at my issues and then explained that he didn't know what was wrong. That was it. Total waste of my time. There were dirty linens on the floor, incompetent staff - one of them brought their sick baby into the office.
San Jose, CA |
I certainly would not recommend this practice. The nursing staff is very professional but the Dr. herself doesn't care to listen, is rude, and handled the procedure in a rough manner. I felt like I was putting her out with my simple procedure that I dared to ask questions about. The worst part is that i continue to get unexplained bills 6 months after the fact for actions I did not approve or have knowledge. I was quoted $1,000 for the procedure and the actual bill is $2,000 and rising.
in Cordova, TN |
She spent less than 2 minutes on a full body skin exam. She never asked if I had any areas of concern. She didnt check my scalp, neck, ears, shoulders or my "underclothes" areas. I was very dissatisfied. I've gone to her for other things, and never had any problems. This time I felt like she just wanted to sell me her line of skincare products. I also had a consultation for fillers. She never asked about my desired outcome. I wasn't given options, she just told me what she thought I needed.
in Germantown, Tn |
I had a consultation about a month ago that involved a very robust discussion on her recommended cosmetic procedure. She gave me a price quote, which her nurse, who was in the room, gave me in writing. After two calls in advance to confirm the product and procedure, Dr Patel did not have all the product available on the day of my appointment. Dr. Patel also could not bring herself to graciously honor the pricing I had in writing even though she still was making a huge profit. No integrity...
in Memphis, TN |
Great staff and love the fact that she doesn't beat around the bush and is direct. They also have amazing music in the waiting area:)
in Collierville, TN |
I made a new patient appt with Dr. Patel to discuss areas that were concerning me. I was in the exam room about 20 minutes and an assistant asked me what I needed, I told her about areas, and went to get Dr. Patel. Dr. came in about 10 minutes later, looked at my face and arms and said I've got to biopsy that: it was a brown spot close to my left eyebrow. The asst. gave me a shot to deaden the area and Dr. cut the spot off my forehead. She never sat down to ask me about my concerns.
in Memphis, TN |
Don't waste your time here. You will be rushed in and out with staff that are not friendly--all to pay for an elaborate office. She removed several moles claiming pre-cancer which I found out later was an exaggeration and the moles only needed monitoring particularly being I was a new patient.
Southaven, MS |
I had some scaring due to acne and went to Dr. Patel for help. She suggested a filler and the amount I needed. After injecting my scars she said you'll love it. Six months later the filler did not do what she claimed so I went back. She was willing to sell me more filler but would not stand behind her comment that I would love it. Needless to say I won't go back nor will I EVER refer anyone to her. They'll do anything to get you in the door, just won't stand behind their services. 0 stars!!!
in Olive Branch, MS |
Had a cancer removed from my head about two years ago and she got it all. Happy with the turn out and I go back every year for a full body check up because I'm in the sun a lot.
in Germantown |
Great visit. Great office. I have found a great dermatologist for my family.
in Olive Branch, MS |
Never even saw Dr. Patel. Awful experience! Would never go there again. Wrote a prescription that was going to be over $1200/month. When I called back numerous times to get a generic or cheaper version, was always assured that they had got it approved with my insurance. After several weeks of these false assurances I finally gave up. Don't know if it was just inept staff or what, but if you're looking for help don't waste your time or money going here.
spent the whole time selling her skin care products. used it and my skin color started to change. my friend told me the same story. We won't be back. very unprofessional
Memphis, TN |
did not do thorough skin check, did not explain treatment options very well
in Memphis, TN |
she was kind and efficient. she knows skin!
Have you seen Dr. Purvisha Patel, MD?
Are you Dr. Patel?