Dr. Purnima Thakran, MD

Neurology | Female

THAKRAN PRUNIMA MD 18387 US Highway 18 Ste 1 Apple Valley, CA 92307 Get Directions
Dr. Purnima Thakran, MD
Dr. Purnima Thakran, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Apple Valley, CA. She is 63 years old. Dr. Thakran is affiliated with Barstow Community Hospital.

Dr. Thakran's Experience

See how Dr. Thakran's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Thakran

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Thakran has admitting privileges.

Dr. Thakran's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thakran to family and friends
    1.8
    Dr. Thakran's Performance
      POOR
    in Apple Valley, CA |
    Dr Thakran is not only very professional but, when you open up to her about other issues in your life, she helped me with my depression. She's sturn but, has a soft side. She's helped me in many was and that's what a true Dr does for their patients. Because of her, my tremors are under control and my depression is on a good path with her medical advice and medications. I appreciate you Dr Thakran and your staff. Thank you
    in Apple Valley, CA |
    I find her to be competent and honest. When I was having difficulty getting prescriptions filled due to lack of followup to the pharmacy by the doctors who actually prescribed the meds, she went out of her way to see that I got my needed medications. She does not hesitate to tell me, that I need to lose weight, be on a sensible diet etc. She gives good, honest medical advice and treatment. If I wanted someone to use words to make me feel good about myself, I would go elsewhere, not to a doctor.
    Apple Valley, Ca |
    Thakran fails to listen to what I have to say about my health/seizure activity. Once you do what she's asked pertaining to details she shrugs it off. All she's done is maxed my dosages of medications. She seems as if she's more of a pill pusher than anything else. I feel like a Guinea pig. When I was being specific like she'd been so much wanting her exact words were "I'd love to sit, and talk with you but I have a plane ?? to catch".
    Apple Valley, CA |
    I would not recommend this Dr to anyone! I was never greeted by the staff or Doctor at the 2 appointments that I had. The Dr didn’t like it when I had a question and/or when I talked to her about my problem & condition that I have been treated for the past 9 ½ years. She instead that my problems do to being morbidly obese & asked if I have thought about bariatric surgery multiple times. I know being obese is an issue I have but that is not why I was there & didn’t cause the problem I was there
    in Apple Valley, CA |
    After my follow up visit to Dr. Thakran she was very professional and diplomatic in her analysis and bed side manner was professional and courteous ....
    in Victorville, CA |
    I have been seeing her for several months and I still know nothing but the name of my condition. What answers she gives to questions is always belittling and it is clear you are wasting her time. You are summoned into her office and feel you are about to be punished by the principle. I am changing drs. I dread seeing her so much I literally feel physically ill before and after I see her. If she cares so little she needs to retire! Simply the worst dr I have ever seen.
    in Victorville |
    Horrible doctor is very rude doesnt take the time to talk or even listen and explain things not a kind social doctor
    in Barstow, California |
    She would not allow me to ask questions. Rushed thru my office visit. She may have the medical knowledge but her human interaction skills are very lacking. I quit going to her. Found a caring Doctor.
    Have you seen Dr. Purnima Thakran, MD?
    Are you Dr. Thakran?

Dr. Thakran's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for California.

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
    • Cerebrovascular Disease
    • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
    • Dystonia
    • Epilepsy
    • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
    • Lyme Disease
    • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
    • Nerve Sheath Tumors
    • Parkinson's Disease
    • Polyneuropathy
    • Seizure Disorders
    • Stroke
    • Syphilis Infections
    • Temporal Arteritis
    • Thrombosis
    • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
    • Tremor
    • Trigeminal Neuralgia
    • Vertigo

Kaiser Fndn Hospital Of La

• Bengali
    • Hindi

Dr. Thakran does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thakran and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology