Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Purnell Traverso, MD
Dr. Purnell Traverso is a Board Certified, Fellowship trained, hand and microvascular surgeon providing expert care of the hand and wrist. Dr. Traverso has done research in stem cell transplantation as well as many areas of treatment of hand and wrist injuries. He completed his residency training at Howard University Hospital in Washington D.C. where he was honored as a 'Chief Resident' in 2013 and received the Howard University Chairman of Surgery Award for Most Outstanding Resident in 2012 as well as Intern of the Year in 2008. After residency, Dr. Traverso completed his hand and wrist surgery training at the University of Connecticut under the world renowned Dr. Kirk Watson. While there, Dr. Traverso gained expertise in the care of the hand and wrist. Dr. Traverso completed his training in Microsurgery at Columbia University in New York. Dr. Traverso is Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery and he is currently a member of numerous prestigious medical societies including the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, the American Association for Hand Surgery, the American College of Surgeons and the American Medical Association.

3100 Coral Hills Dr Ste 305

Coral Springs, FL 33065

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Traverso

At our practice, we pride ourselves on our patient service. We offer a knowledgeable staff, safe and proven procedures, and the latest in medical technology.

Dr. Traverso's Experience

Dr. Traverso's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Arthritis of the Wrist
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Ligament Rupture
  • Hand Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Howard University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • University Of Connecticut-Hartford Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Traverso has no media or publications listed.

• Swedish

Dr. Traverso does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Traverso and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Traverso's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Traverso to family and friends
Dr. Traverso's Performance
Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr Traverso has a warm and friendly manner about him and listens to all of your concerns and needs. The long wait time is worth it.
in ft lauderdale, fl |
Dr. Traverso is the consummate perfessional. Very knowledgeable and such a caring person. I must say if every Doctor I've dealt with had the same personality I would be a very happy patient. The entire staff are very efficient and nice and the office is a pleasure to visit (regardless of the reason you're there).
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
My 94 year old mother Estelle Israel sees Dr. Traverso periodically for arthritis in her fingers. I go with her each time and Dr. Traverso is so gentle with her that she loves to have him as her doctor. He always addresses her and her concerns directly and makes sure she understands what he is telling her. It is a pleasure to have a doctor like this for my mom.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Amazingly considerate and competent!
in Coral Springs, FL |
Dr. Purnell was able to diagnose my wrist problem from studying the X-Rays. Not only did he explain the pain associated with my Ganglion Cyst, but was also able to show me how the root cause of it started, from a fractured wrist many years ago! He thoroughly explained, showed and even diagrammed the situation. Then he went over all of my options. Finally, he injected Cortisone directly in the affected area and sent me home with a splint to limit movement of my wrist. I highly recommend.
in Coral Springs |
He is the best, and has very good bedside manners.
Pompano Beach, FL |
This is one of the BEST Doctors I know,he takes his time with you.he dont make you feel like your being rushed by him.Very friendly and professional. Highly recommended!!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Wonderful experience. I owe my recovery to Dr. Traverso. Polite, professional and extremely capable.
in Coral springs, FL |
Dr. Traverso is professional, patient, caring, and an excellent doctor. Highly recommended.
in Coral Springs, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Traverso after a major work related injury to my right wrist and hand. I was told by others that I would never regain full mobility, but Dr. Traverso worked his magic and after two surgeries and lots of physical therapy, I have regained total mobility. One of the most important qualities about Dr. Traverso is the compassion and dedication he displays toward all of his patients. Physicians around the world should follow his lead and the world would be a better place.
in Margate |
Dr. Traverso and his staff were absolutely the most kind, compassionate, professional group I have ever encountered. They were courteous, answered many questions, explained the procedures and options available to us, never rushing us or making us feel like we were taking up their time. Dr. Traverso is the type of dr. that you always hope you are going to be dealing with, yet rarely do. His kindness and genuine interest in his patient are truly inspiring!
in Lauderdale Lakes, FL |
Dr. Traverso is a very professional and personable doctor. He listens to his patients and he does not rush to get you out of his office.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
This man is the most amazing doctor both my husband and I have ever encountered. Not only is he competent, but his bedside manner is outstanding. He takes the time to explain everything and speaks to everyone on the same level. I would totally recommend him to everyone, and if you have any problems with him then I could never believe it...................
in Tamarac, Fl. |
Dr. Traverso was very understanding and professional. Would recommend him to anyone with a hand injury.
in Coral Springs, Florida |
Great experience. Very personable guy! Solved different problems with both thumbs. Recommend highly.
Margate , FL |
Very Friendly, Caring, and Supportive Physician . He explains everything very well, extremely knowledgeable, takes all the time you need and asks us, if we have any questions for him. He has a great personality, and is an asset for his profession and specifically the Broward Hand Center. I highly recommend AAA+++
Pompano Beach, FL |
professional and caring. great doctor. terrific surgeon.
in Margate, FL |
Dr.Traverso is a kind, gentle, smart, and considerate doctor who truly cares about his patients. He has a good bedside manor. Thoroughly explained procedure, plans, and expectations.
Pompano Beach, FL |
Listens to you problem, spends time needed, great bed side manner. Highly recommended.
in Hollywood, FL |
I received an excellent care under Dr. Traverso. From the time of first appointment to follow up after the surgery, including his staff.....Just pure awesomeness. I highly recommend this excellent MD to anyone who needs his kind of specialty??????
in Coconut CreekDeerfield Beach, FL |
Dr. Traverso took his time explaining the procedures he was using to examine me. He answered my questions (and ignored my corny jokes). I never felt that he was rushing me through the exam.
in Coral Springs, FL |
Because my hand pain was something completely new to me, I found Dr. Traverso by Googling local hand physicians. It was pure luck that I hit the jackpot with this provider. He's knowledgeable, personable, and very thorough. My issue resulted in surgery, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome and the physician that I chose for my care. He and his staff are truly in a league of their own.
in Coral Springs, FL |
I came to Dr. Traverse for a second opinion. I was not comfortable with the care I was receiving from the doctor on call from the ER, the night of my injury. Dr. Traverso was highly recommended by another doctor. Going to see him was the best decision I ever made. He communicated every step of the process for surgery and made me feel comfortable. The healing process was so comforting because of the care received by Dr. Traverso and his wonderful staff. I am completely satisfied with my care!
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
the dr. Traverso is a excelent person,I RECOMMEN TO MY FRIENDS OR FAMILY IN CASE THAT THEY NEED IT,
in Plantation, FL |
Dr Traverso is absolutely amazing!! I cut off a piece of my finger and he saw me the very next day, and was so incredibly knowledgeable, kind and patient. His staff are super nice too. Two big enthusiastic thumbs up!!
Boca Raton, FL |
Best of both worlds- great Doctor AND a great office staff!
in Clewiston, Florida |
Dr. Traverso is an outstanding doctor and hand surgeon. He was recommended to me by several patients of his who were also going to PT where I was attending for my right thumb. So, I decided to make an appointment to see him since they all spoke so very highly of him. Everything said about him was true. He diagnosed me with having a "trigger" finger. He patiently explained everything to me and gave me my options. My surgery is over, stitches out, thumb feels great! Thanks Dr. Traverso!!
Pompano Beach, FL |
I had an appt. with Dr. Traverso today 3/22/17. I was extremely impressed with him. I would highly send other patients to him.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I enjoyed the most wonderful relationship with Dr. Purnell Traverso who I now consider to be a lifetime friend. His courteous and impeccable professional manner, outstanding medical skills and warm, sunny and caring disposition and concern for my well-being was extraordinary! No wonder his waiting room is always filled to capacity with patients even lining up in the hall. But the wait is well worth it! He is not only a great, discerning, and wise physician but he is also a GREAT human being!!!
in Parkland , FL |
This was my first ever surgery so naturally I was nervous but thanks to Dr. Traverso and his staff they made this an amazing experience the professionalism and the personalization was unbelievably great. I went in for a removal of a foreign body and repair to tendons after some physical therapy I have full mobility back and am back to my normal routine . Health grades is awesome it really helped me in finding Dr Traverso ... thanks again Doctor & Staff
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr. Traverso is an amazing physician and surgeon. He truly cares about his patients and is the best in his field. After my surgery I am able to do so many things I had to avoid because of carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands. Dr. Traverso explained my recovery process in detail. It was exactly as he explained. My recovery was very fast with no complications. Dr. Traverso's staff shows the same care and kindness as he does. I highly recommend Dr. Traverso!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Traverso is AMAZING!!!! I thought having hand surgery would be such a difficult and nerve wrecking experience, but Dr. Traverso was there for me every step of the way. He is Incredibly knowledgable and really treated my wife and I like family. I would recommend him to EVERYBODY who is in need of a hand surgeon. Thank you again Dr. Traverso for giving me the opportunity to live my life again!
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Dr. Traverso is very professional and competent - he diagnosed my problem and fixed it immediately. I would recommend him to everyone I know.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
I highly recomend Dr Purnell Traverso. He did my husband's hand surgery and it was 100% perfect. Great job!!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Traverso & his staff as follow up to an E.R. visit the previous day. When I called the office that morning, the staff explained that they would be "working me in" so I was pleased with being called back just 20 minutes after my appointment. The X-ray technician & doctor's assistant were warm, caring & wonderful! Dr. Traverso is incredibly kind, caring and thorough. He listens & carefully explains the situation and what's required. Highly recommend!
Pompano Beach, FL |
He is the best.the nicest most polite guy you will come across.
Pompano Beach, FL |
I am not recoment this doctor is very informally, he did not care the my hand surgery got open after he operated. His nurse put me a tape to a front my skin . Looks terrible after two
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Traverso! He is friendly, thorough professional that is always happy to see you. He is expert in his field with quick diagnoses and offers many options/recommendations for treatment. His staff is also highly skilled and they all work together in a harmonious, friendly & prompt efficient way. With that said, I made a 100% recovery from my injury. Visiting Dr. Traverso's office for consultation or treatment is a pleasant experience.
in Sunrise, FL |
Dr. Traverso is an excellent physician & a great surgeon. His manners & professionalism are exceptional. It has been a very nice experience to have him as my thumb surgeon.
Coral Springs |
Dr. Traverso is EXCELLENT. My overall experience with him was 5 star rating. If I were ever to have another problem I will definitely return to see him. Thank you Dr. T
in Pompano Beach, FL |
EXCELLENT Physician!!! ! Caring, compassionate and attentive! Charming Smile!! Will Highly recommend!!
in Margatge, FL |
First and foremost is the wonderful personality of Dr. Traverso. I have had two experiences with him and each was very successful and pain free.
in Margate FL |
I had carpal tunnel release performed on both wrists around the beginning of 2016, instant relief, ,great experience and dr traverso was available to answer all my questions and concerns.
Margate, FL |
Excellent doctor! Very personable and has amazing bedside manner! Explains everything thoroughly. Always makes me feel comfortable. He has helped me feel tremendously better with the problems in both my hands. My 1st surgery was a success and know that my next upcoming surgery will be aswell. Thank you Dr. Traverso!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Traverse and his staff are the simply the best. Very professional, down to earth and courteous. My broken finger experience was make significantly better after seeing them. 5 ??
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Traverso explains the condition in clear understandable language. He treats the patient as a partner in treatment when offering various modalities of treatment. Wait time was not too long. I've had much longer. My appointment was for 110 AM. I arrived @ 10:50 - with waiting in waiting room, X-rays, waiting in treatment room and visit with the doctor, I left the office @ 12:15.
Awesome!
Have you seen Dr. Purnell Traverso, MD?
Are you Dr. Traverso?