Dr. Propa Ghosh, MD

Dr. Propa Ghosh, MD

Urology  |
Dr. Propa Ghosh, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Wayne, NJ. She is 41 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Read her story

1777 Hamburg Tpke Ste 304

Wayne, NJ 07470

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • CoreSource
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Ghosh

See how frequently Dr. Ghosh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Urinary Disorders
Urinary Incontinence
Bladder Diseases

Dr. Ghosh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ghosh's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ghosh "As an MIT alum, Dr. Ghosh embraces innovation and uses cutting edge technology such as Robotic Surgery with Firefly technology for kidney and prostate cancers, and GreenLight Laser technology for prostate enlargement. She has been featured on TV, radio and in the media for her urological expertise in cancers of the genitourinary tract, incontinence and stone management, using the latest surgical techniques. "

This content was provided by Dr. Ghosh "I believe it is critically important to couple this surgical expertise with excellent bedside manner and communication.  I try to treat every patient and their respective medical conditions as though I was making those decisions for a member of my family.  For this reason, I make every effort to be kind, passionate, up-to-date and understanding - not just to my patients, but to my co-workers, colleagues, staff and all those around me. I also enjoy teaching, which includes teaching my patients about their conditions so it helps them understand why we are making certain decisions.  This ultimately helps us to optimize care delivery, and more importantly, helps us all enjoy the process more."

• Urology
  • Oncology
  • Robotic Surgery
  • Urogynecology
  • Urologic Oncology

Dr. Ghosh does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bone Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Multiple Myeloma
  • Myelodysplastic Syndromes
  • Myeloproliferative Disorders
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pelvic Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Outflow Obstruction
  • Urinary Retention
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary Urgency

• Cystectomy
  • Cystoscopy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Electronic Shock Wave Lithotripsy
  • Green Light Photovaporization of the Prostate (PVP)
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Surgery, Robotic Assisted
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of the Prostate)
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy
  • Ureterscopies
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Urological Surgery
  • Urology Procedure
  • Vasectomy
  • da Vinci® Nephrectomy
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Mit
  • Maimonides Med Ctr/Coney Island Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Montefiore Med Ctr/Albert Einstein Coll Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Ghosh has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ghosh has no media or publications listed.

• Bengali

Dr. Ghosh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ghosh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ghosh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ghosh to family and friends
Dr. Ghosh Says:

A special thank you to my patients who offer feedback through healthgrades.  As you know, we live in a digital world and it is important that your experiences are shared so it allows others to get a sense of what our practice is about.   If you are a patient and have any concerns, please let us know by calling our office.  We are all human and make mistakes - but the important...

Dr. Ghosh's Performance
in Flemington, NJ |
Dr. Ghosh is an amazing urologist who I would highly recommend to any family member or friend! She is incredibly thorough and thoughtful and worked closely with me to find the best solution to meet my personal needs. She is truly one in a million!
Newton, NJ |
I found Dr. Ghosh to be very knowledgeable and caring in relation to my care from her. She takes the time to explain in clear terms your issues, and does not just rush in and out during appointments. I would highly recommend her.
Dr. Ghosh is a very caring doctor who will listen to every question you might have concerning your health. She is extremely knowledgeable and a wonderful doctor. She deserves a better than excellent rating.
Annandale, NJ |
Personable. Caring. Liked by hospital staff and patients alike.
in Basking Ridge, NJ |
Dr. Ghosh was well recommended to me and I HIGHLY recommend her. I went to see her after suffering terrible pain for over a month. She was the 5th specialist I saw and the second urologist. In one visit she was able to diagnose and treat me. She is an amazing physician who cares deeply for her patients. I am so greatful I found her.
in Morristown, NJ |
I just had robotic surgery for prostate cancer with Dr. Ghosh and we just can't be more pleased. The whole experience from the time we met her was genuinely a pleasure. She is truly a gem. Even during the surgery, she kept my wife updated along the way, and made sure that she never worried. The staff at the hospital loved her, her office loves her, and we love her. In the waiting room, they were all singing her praises. The surgery went great and I am so happy I chose her as my surgeon.
in Hunterdon County, NJ |
Having seen another urologist for several years, when my PSA rose and biopsy suggested treatment I was referred to Dr Ghosh for robotic prostate surgery. Form my first consultation with her I felt very comfortable with the way she explained things and treated me. The surgery went as planed and there was absolutely no pain and minimal scars resulting. Now 21 months later my PSA is <0.01 and side effects are acceptable. I'd certainly recommend Dr Ghosh for anyone in my previous position.
in flanders nj |
She is great i brought my 3 yr old son. She was very understanding and did everything to make him feel comfortable. Even the office staff loves her. I would highly recommend her.
in Flemington, NJ |
10 physicians later, finally I met Dr. Ghosh this year February. Within 30 seconds, she understood everything I’ve been through, and taught me about the surgical intervention treatment option. After 1 month of the surgical treatment, I felt like my life has changed. It’s been 6 months since I’ve received the surgery. I’ve gone from going to the bathroom every 10 minutes to every 2 hours or so (3 hours at night). I’m off anti-depressants, anti-anxiety meds, diapers, and I’m happier than ever!
in High Bridge, NJ |
Dr. Ghosh has been my doctor for the past 2 years. On my first visit, she was caring, approachable and very thorough. She went over and above expectations, as she ordered testing she felt important, to be done that day, and waited after her regular office hours to get the results. Follow ups and eventual procedures were done with excellent outcomes. Her dedication and caring were much appreciated. Great office staff as well.
in East Amwell, NJ |
Dr. Ghosh is a very knowledgeable, down to earth doctor. She took her time to explain my options in an understandable way and created a patient plan that was a perfect fit for me. As a teenager, I was hesitant to visit a urologist at first, but felt completely comfortable with Dr. Ghosh. Overall, visiting her was a great experience!
in Milford, NJ 08848 |
My Primary Care physician noticed a small tumor on my kidney, and she sent me Dr. Ghosh. After Dr. Ghosh examined me, she suggested that I have robotic surgery to remove the tumor. It has been a year since the operation, and I just had my one year appointment with her and everything is fine. My wife and I love Dr. Ghosh! She is an excellent surgeon, a very talented doctor who takes her time to explain your options and then put together a plan of action. We couldn't be more pleased!
We are so lucky to have Dr. Propa Ghosh as our doctor and we are so lucky to have a surgeon of her caliber in our medical community. Dr. Ghosh is a brilliant, caring, loving, surgeon and extremely down to earth. We met Dr. Ghosh in an emergency room at Hunterdon Medical Center last year when my husband had a kidney stone. Just meeting her and talking to her, made all the worries go away. Dr. Ghosh's staff is very professional and caring too. it is an honor to have Dr. Ghosh as our doctor.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
Having someone of Dr. Ghosh's caliber in our community has been a god-send. She is just as impressive in person as she is on paper. Her staff is also attentive. I always got my call returned even on the weekend; she even gave me direct access to her when I was getting my major cancer surgery. Now I am cancer-free and I owe it to her and her terrific team. I would recommend her without hesitation. I've already sent my bowling buddies to her, and we all rave about her. I trust her 100%
in Bridgewater, NJ |
I am a resident physician, and have seen her in the office with patients, in the OR doing her (masterful) surgery, on the hospital floors making rounds, and in the classroom teaching us. Dr. Ghosh is the urologist all the doctors refer their family members to - that should say it all. She is as brilliant as she is kind, giving, and compassionate. We are so lucky to have her here. I and my father are now her patients. Beautiful inside and out - she will quickly become your favorite doctor <3
in Bridgewater, NJ |
I first met Dr. Ghosh in the ER when I couldn’t urinate. I had bladder stones and a huge prostate and just felt horrible all the time. It’s now been 2 months, and after getting my bladder stones removed and getting a Greenlight procedure done, I feel like I’m 30 again!! My wife also started to see Dr. Ghosh who is super-likeable. In fact, the nurses, staff and other patients in the ER, the OR, and the office were just raving about her. Dr. Ghosh is a true gem and so glad I found her :)
in Hillsborough, NJ |
My mom was diagnosed with a kidney cancer and Dr. Ghosh was simply the best. She walked us through the whole process and ended up doing this innovative surgery where she went through the back to remove the tumor and even did it without totally cutting off the blood to the kidney - I saw the video and it was amazing! My mom was home the next morning and only took tylenol for pain. I trust her completely and entirely; it's nice to see a doctor who clearly loves what she does, and does it well
in Flemington, NJ |
To be perfectly honest, as a married guy, I had my hesitations about going to a female urologist. But now, I would never recommend going to another urologist. She is extremely knowledgable, skilled, explains things methodically, and offers balanced and intelligent options. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, and was entirely confident and comfortable in her care, with every step. I cannot say enough positive things about my experience - mostly because I am running out of space! The best.
in Clinton, New Jersey |
I recently changed urologists & went to see Dr. Ghosh. The staff was courteous & helpful. Dr. Ghosh made me feel comfortable, and asked pertinent questions. She is extremely knowledgeable, focused in on my issues, and zeroed in on several solutions. After discussing the pros and cons of each, together we decided on the next step. It was a positive experience after a successful surgery with a compassionate and caring doctor.
in Bedminster, NJ |
I saw literally 5+ urologists and was suffering from my OAB for 20 years before I went to Dr. Ghosh. Right away she was kind, spent time to really analyze my problem, and laid out a defined, methodical plan with terrific explanations. I never had a doctor be so good with me before! Needless to say, she fixed my problem and now I sleep through the night, went to my 1st concert, sat through my 1st family dinner, w/o constant interruption. She has changed my life! +staff is amazing. Thank you!
Have you seen Dr. Propa Ghosh, MD?
Are you Dr. Ghosh?