Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD

Dr. Dhungana
Telehealth services available

Neuropsychiatry Centers LLC

809 County Road 466 Ste 101c Lady Lake, FL 32159

Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Lady Lake, FL. She has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Dhungana to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Dhungana's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Dhungana treats this condition more than 86% of her peers

Dr. Dhungana's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Dhungana accepts

Dr. Dhungana accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Dhungana's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dhungana

3.0

Dr. Dhungana?
  • Office environment (27)
  • Staff friendliness (27)
  • Wait times (19)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (17)
  • Office environment (10)
  • Long wait times (8)
I've always had issues with my son. I had almost given up. Dr. Dhungana asked what all was going on with him, I said no I'm done with telling doctors what's wrong with him, YOU tell me. She spent the first 30 minutes with him and had all his diagnosis' down to a T, and one I wasn't aware of. She is simply AMAZING at was she does. He became a completely different child almost overnight. I just counted not believe the changes she made for our whole family!! No wonder she is SO BUSY! She is WORTH THE WAIT!
Apr 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
I am a regular patient of Dr Dhungana. People should start living their living and stop harassing such a good psychiatrist like her. She is trying to make a positive change for people by encouraging then to take care of themselves. We should be appreciate that we have one doctor does not only want to dope us up!
Suddha – Apr 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
I cannot express my gratitude for the great care received by Dr Dhungana. The staff are very caring.
Apr 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
What an awesome EXPERIENCE! I have been to other psychiatrists before for my son but within the first 30 m minutes Dr. Dhungana had diagnosed my son so soundly! I started to see a major difference in him within the 1st 2 weeks! AMAZING! She is such a great person, and listens!!
Susan L. – Apr 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
Dr. Dhungana is a caring and very knowledgeable psychiatrist. Over the past several years, Dr. Dhungana has treated our children, and we have referred many friends to Her practice. They also have referred their friends to her because of their level of confidence with her and her practice . She is an wonderful psychiatrist and an amazing person. She keeps up to date with the most recent advances in mental health. I highly recommend her.
MP – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
If you are the type of patient that is looking for a sympathetic ear or a caring professional to listen to you, look elsewhere. This woman has her own agenda, which is to push her expensive TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) treatments that is the bread and butter of the practice. She says she doesn’t believe in “magic pills” but in the next sentence is preaching the newest, most expensive antidepressant. She has no qualms about making you wait for up to 90min. Very callous and flippant. ??
Lady Lakes, FL – Mar 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
This office does not know what they are doing.the billing dept SUCKS.they say you are in network then they take copays from you like you are.then they give a huge bill and say that you aren't in network for insurance,dont you think someone in the billing dept should have checked this out before you go to an appt.isn't that there job,what they get paid and trained for.oh yeah and the billing department is in India go figure..also when you call no one calls you back.STAY AWAY from this office!!!!!
Joe in Clermont – Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
I started with Serenity on May 29, 2018, feeling hopeless about life. As of today, Aug. 10, 2018, my happiness level has gone 0 to 100%, no kidding. My husband of 45 years, my daughter, her husband and my precious granddaughters are delighted to have me back. When you smile your way through an abusive childhood & your closest sibling commits suicide, Serenity & it's entire staff saved me. Their techniques and staff are miraculous!
Carol Spotts in Clermont, FL – Aug 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
I have received excellent care under Dr Dhungana. She is very knowledgeable and has a very caring attitude. I have ADD and i feel my attention span has improved and my anxiety level has decreased with treatment. The staff is also very courteous. I would highly recommend this clinic.
martha in Ocala , FL – Sep 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
Love the staff and management, so kind and understood my needs. Dr. Dhungana is so down to earth and caring, never rushed me and treated me like family. Very organized office.
Windermere, FL – Aug 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
Second time visiting this office. It is under new management, very professional polite, front desk was great Dr. Dhungana was amazing! I called prior to my appointment, phone was answered immediately and a very compassionate team overall!
Windermere, FL – Aug 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
Just called today for an appointment and receptionist must really want to not work because she did all she could to deter me from making an appointment. I guess Dr. Dhungana must have plenty of patients and doesn't need more. Don't these doctors realize that their first point of contact person should be a friendly welcoming person...especially in the mental health field. I'm not even the patient, I simply called for information. Good luck, I'll keep looking!
Clermont, FL – May 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
It has been an extremely satisfying experience for myself. I have had many visits to this clinic in Clermont and I will describe this as a tucked away place for happiness. The comfort I feel in my visits and the care I get is indescribable. I wish more clinics could get you this level of satisfaction. Clermont David, H
Winter Garden, FL – Mar 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
Dr Dhungana has taken care of my son for the past 7 years. I have great faith in her abilities and over the years my son has shown remarkable improvement in school and in his behavior at other times. My son looks forward to his visits and we are very satisfied with the care she has provided over the years.
Groveland – Mar 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
Me and my husband have benefited greatly by the competence of Dr Dhungana. We have been going to her for the past 5 years and we have received great care from the doctor as well as the wonderful staff at Serenity Health Center. We were having multiple issues and we have made significant progress which has improved our health as well as our relationship.
KP in Orlando, FL – Mar 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
Great Psychiatrist, Have always had wonderful interactions. She is very personable and knowledgeable. Makes for great office visits. JB
Clermont, Fl – Mar 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
If I could give a rating of zero stars, I would. The office staff is rude and insensitive to patients. No one returns phone calls making it extremely hard to schedule appointments. Dr Dhungana herself is money hungry and insists that you see her every 6 weeks even if you aren't experiencing side effects. Do yourself and/or family a favor and look for care elsewhere.
Patient in Apopka, FL – Jan 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
Dr. Dhungana is a very caring and compassionate doctor. She truly cares and always makes sure to spend as much time as needed with me. Her staff is very nice and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Dhungana.
Gloria in Tavares, FL – Oct 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?
She abruptly took me off my benzo anxiolytic and put me on an SSRI. I returned and said I feel like "I'm in outer space" and she doubled my dose and added another SSRI assuring me that it would level off. It did not. I was required to see her psychologist who threatened my livelihood and professional license. After getting ARRESTED and having my daughter taken by DCF I went to my PCP and he returned me to normal. Never trust somebody who tells you to take a drug that they have not taken. Boo!
Clermont, FL – Jul 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pritha Dhungana, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dhungana?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry