Dr. Preetha Ali, MD

Dr. Preetha Ali, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Female | 35 years old

Most patients that walk into our clinic always ask the same question: "Why, Doc, did you choose colon & rectal surgery?!" The answer, while sounding very simple, is very true: to help people and make their lives better. We understand that most people who come to my clinic do not always want to be there, so we try our hardest to make it an environment where patients are comfortable talking about such a sensitive subject, and to make them feel that we are here for them to make a part of their lives more manageable and improve what we can to be best of our abilities. I chose colon and rectal surgery because I am able to treat a wide range of disease processes from benign disease to malignant disease, which ranges from medical management to surgical management. I perform a spectrum of surgical interventions from colonoscopy, to office procedures, to outpatient anorectal surgery, to larger laparoscopic and robotic abdominal surgeries. The thing I treasure the most about my practice is that I consider my relationship with my patients a partnership where we work together to get to point B, and that I can offer them a safe place to address their concerns about such sensitive subjects.Read more

Overlake Medical Clinics

Learn about this Doctor

My approach to patient care starts with just education about their disease process and providing them access to trusted materials that they can process and read on their own time. I am not one to force my opinion on patients as to me, our relationship is a partnership where we work together to come up with the best treatment plan for him/her. I value a patient's input and expressing their concerns, time constraints, extenuating circumstances so that we can reach a common goal. I do my best to communicate with patients directly regarding results and next steps in medical and surgical management. I believe that if they have trusted me with their care that is it my duty to provide the best management I can directly to them.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Ali's Experience

79Experience
Match

See how Dr. Ali's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ali

Dr. Ali accepts 52 insurance carriers

52 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Altius Health Plans
  • America's Health Insurance Plans
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beacon Health Strategies
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Behavioral Health Network
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • Community Health Network
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • First Choice Health
  • USA Managed Care Organization
  • Veteran Administration Plan
  • Washington State Department of Labor & Industries
  • Wells Fargo Insurance

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ali has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Ali

Dr. Ali's Review Details
4 based on 2 responses
Experience with Dr. Ali
Dr. Ali's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (2)
Dr. Preetha Ali, MD says

Thank you so much for providing feedback! We value your opinion and consider each response individually so we can better our experience for our patients. More than anything, thank you for taking the time to reach out, and help us to better help you. If you have any other concerns or want to let us know directly about your feedback, please feel free to contact our office at (425) 646-7400 and ask to speak with our clinic coordinator. With deep gratitude, Dr. Preetha Ali

Have you seen Dr. Preetha Ali, MD?

Compare Dr. Ali

More Colon & Rectal Surgery Specialists like Dr. Ali at Overlake Medical Clinics

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

Dr. Ali says..

I am fellowship trained in the management of colon, rectal, and anal diseases, both benign and malignant processes, making our clinic a unique and specialized environment for your needs. Because our clinic is specific this area, we have a high volume of patients with these concerns that we treat regularly.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Rectocele
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Dr. Ali says..

I am fellowship trained in surgical management of colon, rectal, and anal diseases. Because of the specialty training, I have performed a high volume of cases specific to these disease process and possess intricate knowledge of each region.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Colorectal Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Condyloma Fulguration
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Laparoscopic Rectal Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Non-Cosmetic Botox® Injection
  • Pelvic Prolapse Repair via Robotic Surgery
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Prolapse Repair
  • Rectal Surgery
  • Rectovaginal Repair
  • Sigmoidoscopy
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Ultrasound, Transrectal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

University Of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools

Swedish Medical Center

Completed in 2014

Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Ali has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ali has no media or publications listed.

• Tamil

Dr. Ali does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ali and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Ali's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  • Malpractice claims in Washington not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Ali

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Ali's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Ali

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Ali's Care Philosophy