Dr. Pratik Desai, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 41

Dr. Desai

Jewett Orthopedic Clinic PA

1285 Orange Ave Winter Park, FL 32789

Dr. Pratik Desai, MD is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Winter Park, FL and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in 2004 and specializes in reconstructive orthopedic surgery and orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Desai accepts

Dr. Desai accepts the following insurance:

Medicare
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Desai's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Desai's Top Procedures and Conditions

Hip Replacement

Dr. Desai performs Hip Replacement more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Desai performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • MAKOplasty®
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands

4.4

Dr. Desai?
Dr. Desai's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Pratik Desai, MD
Dr Desai did a total revision on my wife's left knee. It went perfectly and to her surprise there was almost no pain. Several months later the right knee also needed surgery. By then we had moved to Tampa so we chose a surgeon there. This time things went badly. The joint was too flexible and she wasn't able to walk correctly for a year. When she had healed sufficiently we had the knee redone by Dr. Desai back in Orlando. Again, perfect joint alignments and a great job. Although my wife is undergoing PT, she walks with hardly a limp. Dr, Desai is the greatest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai is a very caring and compassionate orthopedic surgeon with the Jewett Orthopedic Clinic. He took all the time needed to explain the x-ray, what was involved with total hip replacement and allayed my fears He, Brandi and the entire staff is warm, comforting and made me feel like "family" . To be able to walk pain free in less than three weeks - amazing! God Bless and thank you Dr. Desai for giving me my life back! Betty Chase, Ormond Beach, FL
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
Received right hip replacement 5 weeks ago. With excellent outcome and progress on recovery, I highly recommend Dr Desai. Very personable but professional at the same time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
I sought help from the Jewett Clinic nearest my home, and Dr. Desai as the hip specialist there. Positive reviews on this website inspired confidence, and he replaced my arthritic hip in late July, 2018, utilizing the least invasive anterior approach and an operating table designed, I believe, specifically for hip replacement surgeries. Full mobility and range of motion were restored after prescribed physical therapy. He is very professional, confident and competent. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
Want to express my opinion to my recent left hip replacement surgery on 08/20/18 with Dr. Pratik Desai. If there was a higher recommendation than the word EXCELLENT, let me know, I would like to use it when referring to Dr. Desai's, professional appearance, bed side manners, his expert skills in joint replacement, and his concern and advice in follow up. I am so great full to have met and to have chosen Dr. Pratik Desai for my hip replacement. If need again, I wouldn't think twice about calling
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
Dr desai never helped me with the PROBLEMS i had after surgery, showed up at 4 weeks with my wife , 6 weeks with my son and 8 weeks with my brother telling they were driving me .because my foot would get so numb I would have to pull over later when I got copy of the office visit he said nothing aBout the numbness in the foot and weakness in the leg instead he says that I show up to each visit with a different person each time never thought I would be 3 times worse than before after 7 months thx
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai recently performed my hip replacement. There are not enough words of praise that I can say about him and his team. I traveled an hour to Dr. Desai's office because there was no one in this area who could compare. I am blown away by the level of professionalism and adherence to high standards that I experienced at Jewett Orthopedic Hospital and at Winter Park Memorial Hospital where the surgery was performed by Dr. Desai.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
I came in for pain in my left knee which i suspected was a torn meniscus. I was told by this Dr I had arthritis and I would eventually have to have both knees replaced. His examination consisted of twisting my sore knee which intensified the pain from 5 to 10. He wanted to give me a shot and send me on my way. Went to another surgeon with a much better bedside manner and I'm healing nicely from meniscus surgery. Signed (Retired Veteran)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
MY EXPERIENCE WITH A REVERSE SHOULDER REPLACEMENT PERFORMED AT BARTOW REGIONAL HOSPITAL UNDER THE HANDS OF DR.DESAI WAS EXCELLANT. HE IS A PROFESSIONAL FROM THE "GIT-GO" THROUGH THE LAST DETAIL. HIS COMPASSIONATE, KNOWLEDGEABLE DEMEANOR IS EVIDENT FROM OFFICE VISIT TO PRE-OP VISIT TO POST-OP FOLLOWUP. YES, HIS STAFF POSSESSES THE SAME HIGH STANDARDS AS WELL.
Thank you, however I believe you may have the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
Dr Desai is a highly skilled and extremely talented surgeon. What makes Dr Desai special is his passionate dedication to making sure the patient has the best possible outcome. He does this by paying attention to details and surrounding himself with competent, capable, and caring coworkers. Everyone I met at Jewett are exceptional professionals that excel at their work and take pride in being the best. They leave no loose ends, always follow-up when needed, and treat you with respect.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
I needed a hip replacement & went to Dr. Desai. Fantastic decision! He was extremely competent & personable. I expected good things but it was even better than I thought it would be. Recovery went beautifully & I couldn't be happier.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai has replaced both of my hips. He is an excellent surgeon with his patient's quality of life in the forefront. I would have no other Orthopaedic surgeon operate on me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
Doctor an hour late for my appointment. Unapologetic about over-booking. Diagnosed multiple hip problems. Said surgery wouldn't help. Found another surgeon. Problem solved.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
Without a doubt the best HIP doctor in Orlando! Look no further than Dr. Desai at Jewett Orthopaedic. I booked my appointment online with ease. Thank you Dr. Desai
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
Amazing doctor who really cares about me and my quality of life. He patiently listens to my concerns and answers all of my questions. I trust him implicitly! I so appreciate his skill and expertise. It was easy to choose Dr. Desai for my hip replacement surgery. I can't thank him enough. :-)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
Thought he was thorough and sincere in his evaluation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai is an awesome doctor. He did a hip replacement for me. I am 30 years old and I was very worried about it, having just been married and expecting a new addition. He communicated very well with me on my condition. Always asked if I had questions and never acted like the were dumb. He was very knowledgeable even on my rare condition. His bed side manner is outstanding. Always made me feel unique and important.The surgery was flawless. The third party physical therapy even complimented him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?
I needed the best knee doctor in Central Florida and everyone pointed me to Dr. Desai, luckily. Having the reputation as one of the best at his young age really says something. He's personable, knowledgable and best of all you can tell he really cares about fixing you. He was highly recommended to me and so I'm paying it forward and recommending Dr. Pratik Desai to you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pratik Desai, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Desai?

I believe in treating the patient individually and treating them personally.  This is surgery and not an oil change!  We care about making your experience as smooth as we possibly can!

We spend time to discuss all options and the process with you to try to leave no stone unturned.  Your great result matters as much to me as it does to YOU!

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

2013
Cleveland Clinic, Ohio (Hip and Knee Replacement and Revisions)
2012
2005
2004
1999
1998

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Desai treats patients.

Compare Providers