Dr. Pratibha Bansal, MD

Dr. Pratibha Bansal, MD

Pain Medicine Anesthesiology | Female

Dr. Pratibha Bansal, MD is a pain medicine anesthesiology doctor who practices in Buffalo, NY. She is 62 years old and has been practicing for 40 years. Dr. Bansal is affiliated with Erie County Medical Center, Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, Kaleida Health Buffalo General Hospital and Mercy Hospital of Buffalo.

Dr. Bansal's Experience

See how Dr. Bansal's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bansal

Dr. Bansal accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Bansal has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bansal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bansal to family and friends
1.9
Dr. Bansal's Performance
    GOOD
Buffalo, NY |
I had a cryo- ablation procedure done to help with nerve entrapment pain.They strapped me down. She put numbing injection in but started procedure before It was effective. The procedure was excruciating I told her several times to stop the procedure I was crying in severe pain yelling to stop the procedure and she refused. This goes against the patient Bill of Rights. We filed a complaint with the state, Records that were subpoenaed or falsified as she claimed I tolerated the procedure well!
in Buffalo, NY |
I wouldn't give this doctor a star . I waited several hours . She was pulling and slamming me around . Called me a " drug seeker " ! Come to find out I had a large tumor on my spine it was cancerous !!! Run from this doctor RUN...
Lockport, NY |
Pratibha Bansal When I Give you my answer to your question. Do not Substitute it with your own Misinterpretion. Especially when my lab reports support my answer. For this reason you are fired, along with my demand for you to remove your false statements, and opinions from my Medical Records. Immediately. You have 14 days to comply, failure to comply, within the alotted time frame. Will be followed up with Court Proceedings.
Buffalo, NY |
Dr Bansal never made eye contact, asked questions like a drill sergeant and has ZERO "bedside"manner. I walked out never to return again.
in Buffalo, NY |
To my great surprise, I tested positive for morphine on a urine test. I swear on my kids lives I NEVER took any morphine. I am a 61 year old woman with 20 years of Chronic pain. I was in the process of being weaned off pain meds and looking forward to trying it. I did PT, shots and exercises she told me to do. I am in need of pain medication now. I called and was told I could come in but she would never prescribe medicine to me any meds Ever! I did nothing wrong Ever. Disappointed
in Niagara Falls, NY |
Listen, Dr. Bansal's bedside manner isn't always the greatest, she can be terse, impatient, and harsh sometimes. But she's very knowledgeable and she is 100% correct to be insistent that a patient seriously try exercise as their main treatment plan. If you exercise, she becomes much more reasonable because she knows you are taking the proper steps and not just asking for her to write endless dangerous perscriptions. So do your exercises and I'm sure your opinion of her will be fine.
in Lewiston, NY |
Dr is a non empathetic person/Dr!! She is the worst Dr I have met. All she does is tell you to stretch ,and has a mean look as well as a non compassionate heart.Please stay away from her!!!
in Lockport, NY |
Before choosing Dr. Bansal, I read the reviews posted here and was almost convinced to make an alternate choice. I do not regret my decision. I have never waited more than 1/2 hour to be seen by the Dr., (not a PA or Nurse) usually only 10 or 15 minutes. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. Dr. is busy, no small talk, wants you to get better. Encourages stretching, PT, etc. Does refer for MRI, surgeon, etc. Works with you if you work with her. Does not over-prescribe.
in Lockport, NY |
This is a Dr who will give false results from a urine test in order to drop her patients who have chronic pain and arnt miraculously healed and pain free when she expects it. She sees to many patients and she will drop the honest ones who don't abuse medications due to the patient being passive and not a fighter. I deal with chronic pain and nerve damage due to a severe crush injury, and not since being dropped a year ago am unable to work or live my life in anyway. Now dont trust drs
in Williamsville, NY |
Had Dr. Bansal as anesthesiologist for my knee surgery many years ago. My chart and wrist bracelet said allergic to Demerol. In recovery, I got sick and asked what medication was I given. Nurse told me Bansal gave me Demerol and I wasn't suppose to get it. Bansal explained to me that she determined my allergy was not life threatening. I was sick all night until the Demerol was out of my system. Few months later, she gave me a nerve block to treat RSD. Bad experiences, rude. STAY AWAY!
in Buffalo, NY |
To patients looking for new pain management dictor after Dr Gosy's office...do NOT waste your time going here! You will be taking several steps backwards as far as quality of your care. Dr.Bansal barely speaks English. She is ALWAYS RUDE and in a bad mood. Does not matter how outgoing or friendly you are. She is always cold and she is VERY unsympathetic to your pain! She acts like she hates her patients and her job. She forces all her patients to do some form of physical therapy. LOOK ELSEWHERE!
Have you seen Dr. Pratibha Bansal, MD?
Are you Dr. Bansal?

Compare Dr. Bansal

Dr. Bansal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine Anesthesiology
    •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

• World Institute of Pain Fellowship, June 2005

Dr. Bansal has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bansal's Board Certifications

• Anesthesiology
    • Pain Medicine

• Autonomic Disorders
    • Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
    • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Pathological Spine Fracture

Completed in 1982

University Cincinnati Med Center

Completed in 1983

• Hindi

Dr. Bansal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bansal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine Anesthesiology

• Pain Management
    • Peripheral Nerve Block
    • Spinal Nerve Block
    • Stellate Ganglion Block
    • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)