Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

3100 Maccorkle Ave SE Ste 810 Charleston, WV 25304 Get Directions
Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD
Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Charleston, WV. She is 51 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Jami is affiliated with CAMC General Hospital.

Dr. Jami's Experience

See how Dr. Jami's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Jami

Dr. Jami accepts 20 insurance carriers

Dr. Jami is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Jami has admitting privileges.

Dr. Jami's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jami to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Jami's Performance
Charleston, WV |
Thank you for working me in when i didn't know what to do.
in Oak hill |
Horrible bedside manner. I was always told something different at each visit. I felt like I was a burden to her. She's rude and treats her staff like dogs. Interrupts them while helping others . She doesn't want them to talk to patients or each other even if it's work related. I don't see how she's still in practice. I will NOT go to her anymore.
Charleston, WV |
WHEN I WAS REF TO DR JAMI I HAD A VERY OVER ACTIVE THYROID LOTS OF ISSUES, MY FIRST VISIT, SHE WAS VERY RUDE, AND CONTRADICTED EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT MY MEDICAL ISSUES . SHE DIDN'T BELIEVE ME WHEN I STATED I HAD CERTAIN TESTS DONE IN THE PAST AND STATED THAT BECAUSE I AM OF YOUNG AGE. SHE DIDN'T LISTEN TO ANY OF THE CONCERNS OR WORRIES I HAD. I IMMEDIATELY SWITCHED CARE, I REFUSE TO BE SEEN BY SUCH A TERRIBLE PHYSICIAN. MY HEALTH MATTERS AND I REFUSED TO BE TREATED LIKE IT DOESN'T!
in Charleston, WV |
I'm extremely happy to find a doctor who cares for you and listen to you! She is knowledgeable and smart too! I have been with her for about 5 years now and strongly recommend her to any one who needs diabetes control!
in Charleston, WV |
She is a horrible doctor! I found a new doctor who actually listened to me, made me feel at ease. I was a patient there for 2 years. I used to have to wait at least an hour to see her & she would answer my questions. Last visit I was in & out within a hour. Said she would send in my medicine. I had to call 2 times before she sent it in. My next visit was 2 months out & she only sent in a month of medicine. Her poor staff I feel bad for them. She's rude to them. Find ya a better dr!!!
in Charleston, WV |
This doctor does not listen to her patients. She doesn't spend much time with her patients, either. I think she sticks only to what she learned in med school and has made no effort to continue her education. She would increase my metformin, the decrease it. She didn't seem very concerned with the nodules on my thyroid. I expect more from someone whose specialty is the endocrine system.
Charleston |
She does NOT listen to you as she is busy typing on her laptop. Asked me how I was doing after my heart attack. I've never had one. Will only prescribe 2 refills at a time so you HAVE to come back in 6-8 weeks or you are out of luck. I seriously think she has so many patients she is confused. On paperwork said I eat too many crackers at night (my sugar was up once, one night). I have had enough as I have been seeing her for years because of my insurance. Insurance changed, getting new dr.
in Charleston, WV |
She never treated me, she just told me that I was diabetic and my blood glucose was high. She never told me what to do to treat it. It was like I was doing her a favor by being there.
Charleston, WV |
I am very satisfied with Dr. Jami. She has been able to regulate my blood sugar and is very knowledgeable. She is strict and no nonsense which I find very helpful. I think that she expects her patients to take their health seriously and to follow her recommendations. If you are serious about getting healthy then you will do well with her. I am on an insulin pump, and she is very good at adjusting levels to meet my lifestyle. She always answers all of my questions, and does not rush me.
in Summersville, WV |
I went to Dr.Jami over a year. I thought she would be able to help me.Instead all I got from her was a rude,snotty attitude. I asked her secretary for a copy of her report for my family doctor and when I read what she wrote I was furious! Her report was very far from accurate and it read like a 5 year old speaks. Then when I confronted her with the errors in her comments she jumped all over the secratary and told her she couldnt give them to me anymore.I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HER FOR TO ANYONE!
in Charleston, WV |
Would not recommend her. I saw her every two months for my diabetes and thyroid because she insists on bringing you back every 6 to 8 weeks and will NOT prescribe medicine beyond two refills and it's like pulling teeth to get them. She had different staff every time I visited-I'm not lying, she is extremely rude to patient and staff. She spends less than ten minutes each time after making you wait up to an hour and a half . Most of that ten minutes she is on her computer.
Have you seen Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
Are you Dr. Jami?

Compare Dr. Jami

Dr. Jami's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Jami has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for West Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Jami's Board Certifications

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant

Sriram Chandra Bhanja Medical College, Utkal University

Graduated in 1990

Mercy Catheterization Med Center Inc

• Arabic

Dr. Jami does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jami and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism