Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Female · Age 53

Dr. Jami
3100 Maccorkle Ave SE Ste 810 Charleston, WV 25304

Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Charleston, WV and has been practicing for 29 years. She graduated from Sriram Chandra Bhanja Medical College, Utkal University in 1990 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Dr. Jami accepts

Dr. Jami accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health

Dr. Jami treats this condition more than 98% of her peers

Osteoporosis

Dr. Jami treats Osteoporosis more than 97% of her peers

Dr. Jami treats this condition more than 97% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Deficiency-Induced Osteoporosis

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Obesity Counseling

62.295081967213115%

Dr. Jami?
Dr. Jami's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD
I only had one appointment with her and that was more than enough for me. She was one of the rudest people I have ever met in my life. I have been dealing with the aftermath of my papillary thyroid cancer since 1979 and she told me that my experiences were unbeliveable. My sister was in the room with us backing up everything I had to say and she still said I didn't know what I was talking about. Her staff was so nice, but she was awful to them. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
I would not recommend this doctor. I always had an extremely long wait time to see her (a minimum of 1 hour wait each visit). She did not listen to me and did unnecessary procedures. I also witnessed her treating her staff poorly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
Too dependent on her tablet. Has had the wrong chart twice during visits and does not review information prior to appt. Discussing development of disease almost impossible. Very dismissive and is not motivated to assist in treating or easing systems of condition. I will be asking my pcp to provide me with a new referral.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
This review would be a book if I listed all the complaints I have about this woman. All the bad reviews on here I have experienced them all at one point or another. Coming in to see her every 60 days, trouble getting prescriptions, filled, waiting too long for her to see you on appointments. She is rude, does not listen to you and laughs at you when you have questions or concerns. Needle aspirations every time I turn around, looking for a new doctor following up with my PCP.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Jami for a few years and she's great. She listens to my concerns , explains things in detail. And her staff is always great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
Former patient. She did not listen and when I had a biopsy done on my thyroid it hurt worse than any pain I've endured. She kept telling me there was no way it hurt that bad. That it wouldn't be painful. I had several ultrasounds and never found anything. I went to Atlanta and they found a calcification on my scam muscle. If you're going to be a doctor, listen to your patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
Thank you for working me in when i didn't know what to do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
Horrible bedside manner. I was always told something different at each visit. I felt like I was a burden to her. She's rude and treats her staff like dogs. Interrupts them while helping others . She doesn't want them to talk to patients or each other even if it's work related. I don't see how she's still in practice. I will NOT go to her anymore.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
WHEN I WAS REF TO DR JAMI I HAD A VERY OVER ACTIVE THYROID LOTS OF ISSUES, MY FIRST VISIT, SHE WAS VERY RUDE, AND CONTRADICTED EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT MY MEDICAL ISSUES . SHE DIDN'T BELIEVE ME WHEN I STATED I HAD CERTAIN TESTS DONE IN THE PAST AND STATED THAT BECAUSE I AM OF YOUNG AGE. SHE DIDN'T LISTEN TO ANY OF THE CONCERNS OR WORRIES I HAD. I IMMEDIATELY SWITCHED CARE, I REFUSE TO BE SEEN BY SUCH A TERRIBLE PHYSICIAN. MY HEALTH MATTERS AND I REFUSED TO BE TREATED LIKE IT DOESN'T!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
She is a horrible doctor! I found a new doctor who actually listened to me, made me feel at ease. I was a patient there for 2 years. I used to have to wait at least an hour to see her & she would answer my questions. Last visit I was in & out within a hour. Said she would send in my medicine. I had to call 2 times before she sent it in. My next visit was 2 months out & she only sent in a month of medicine. Her poor staff I feel bad for them. She's rude to them. Find ya a better dr!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
This doctor does not listen to her patients. She doesn't spend much time with her patients, either. I think she sticks only to what she learned in med school and has made no effort to continue her education. She would increase my metformin, the decrease it. She didn't seem very concerned with the nodules on my thyroid. I expect more from someone whose specialty is the endocrine system.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
She does NOT listen to you as she is busy typing on her laptop. Asked me how I was doing after my heart attack. I've never had one. Will only prescribe 2 refills at a time so you HAVE to come back in 6-8 weeks or you are out of luck. I seriously think she has so many patients she is confused. On paperwork said I eat too many crackers at night (my sugar was up once, one night). I have had enough as I have been seeing her for years because of my insurance. Insurance changed, getting new dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
She never treated me, she just told me that I was diabetic and my blood glucose was high. She never told me what to do to treat it. It was like I was doing her a favor by being there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
I am very satisfied with Dr. Jami. She has been able to regulate my blood sugar and is very knowledgeable. She is strict and no nonsense which I find very helpful. I think that she expects her patients to take their health seriously and to follow her recommendations. If you are serious about getting healthy then you will do well with her. I am on an insulin pump, and she is very good at adjusting levels to meet my lifestyle. She always answers all of my questions, and does not rush me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
I went to Dr.Jami over a year. I thought she would be able to help me.Instead all I got from her was a rude,snotty attitude. I asked her secretary for a copy of her report for my family doctor and when I read what she wrote I was furious! Her report was very far from accurate and it read like a 5 year old speaks. Then when I confronted her with the errors in her comments she jumped all over the secratary and told her she couldnt give them to me anymore.I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HER FOR TO ANYONE!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
Would not recommend her. I saw her every two months for my diabetes and thyroid because she insists on bringing you back every 6 to 8 weeks and will NOT prescribe medicine beyond two refills and it's like pulling teeth to get them. She had different staff every time I visited-I'm not lying, she is extremely rude to patient and staff. She spends less than ten minutes each time after making you wait up to an hour and a half . Most of that ten minutes she is on her computer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jami?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Jami treats patients.

CAMC General Hospital