Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism •  Female • Age 54

Dr. Jami
Telehealth services available
3100 Maccorkle Ave Se Ste 810 Charleston, WV 25304

Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Charleston, WV and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Jami has more experience with Diabetes and Thyroid Disorders than other specialists in her area. She graduated from Sriram Chandra Bhanja Medical College, Utkal University medical school in 1990. She is affiliated with medical facilities CAMC General Hospital and Logan Regional Medical Center. She is not accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Jami to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinologists in your area

See similar Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinologists in Charleston

• Good Communication
    Patients said there was good doctor communication at the hospital. See hospitals
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Critical Care Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Jami accepts

Dr. Jami accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

No malpractice claims found for West Virginia

Diabetes

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes specialists.

Typically treats 87% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Jami treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Jami treats this condition more than 100% of their peers

Diabetes Type 2

Dr. Jami treats Diabetes Type 2 more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Jami treats this condition more than 98% of their peers

Diabetic Ketoacidosis

Dr. Jami treats Diabetic Ketoacidosis more than 96% of their peers

Dr. Jami treats this condition more than 96% of their peers

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 65% more than their peers

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Obesity Counseling
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD...

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Jami's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jami

2.4

Dr. Jami?
What People Say About Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD
She’s always been kind an attentive to me. I do agree she is no nonsense because if you dont do what she says what’s the point in going to her. She has a lot of patients who are diabetic and some follow her instructions. I can see where that can become very frustrating. I have thyroid nodules that have been biopsied Several times. She has always been compassionate when doing them and I’ve heard she is the best at it. I’ve never been rushed. Her staff does rotate a lot. She expects things done right. She has talked to me about my family and hers. I would t go elsewhere
S Fox – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
She is SO rude to her patient’s and her staff. I’m surprised she has been able to stay in practice this long. She has a different staff every time, because she is so rude to them.
Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
If you value your health, do not see Dr. Jami. Getting in to see her is easy but she is so rude to her patients. I was her last appointment of the day and she was pushy and dismissive to be able to leave (she said so in a conversation she had very loudly outside the door of my exam room). She will not provide you with the medications you need and will tell you something different every time you see her. And on the off chance she calls in your meds, they’re the wrong dose or the wrong medicine altogether. All around horrible.
HP – Dec 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
Very good Doctor she helped me control my blood sugars and my wife's thyroid condition. I greatly appreciate her help to my family. Now my brother, sister in law, parents are all her patients-
Stephanie – Oct 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
Excellent physician very compassionate , knowledgeable, I am glad that I saw her
Oct 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
I only had one appointment with her and that was more than enough for me. She was one of the rudest people I have ever met in my life. I have been dealing with the aftermath of my papillary thyroid cancer since 1979 and she told me that my experiences were unbeliveable. My sister was in the room with us backing up everything I had to say and she still said I didn't know what I was talking about. Her staff was so nice, but she was awful to them. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to her.
Jacqui M. in Boone County, WV – Oct 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
I would not recommend this doctor. I always had an extremely long wait time to see her (a minimum of 1 hour wait each visit). She did not listen to me and did unnecessary procedures. I also witnessed her treating her staff poorly.
Apr 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
Too dependent on her tablet. Has had the wrong chart twice during visits and does not review information prior to appt. Discussing development of disease almost impossible. Very dismissive and is not motivated to assist in treating or easing systems of condition. I will be asking my pcp to provide me with a new referral.
Naugatuck – Apr 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
This review would be a book if I listed all the complaints I have about this woman. All the bad reviews on here I have experienced them all at one point or another. Coming in to see her every 60 days, trouble getting prescriptions, filled, waiting too long for her to see you on appointments. She is rude, does not listen to you and laughs at you when you have questions or concerns. Needle aspirations every time I turn around, looking for a new doctor following up with my PCP.
Charleston, WV – Jan 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Jami for a few years and she's great. She listens to my concerns , explains things in detail. And her staff is always great!
Kimberly in Hurricane, WV – Oct 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
Former patient. She did not listen and when I had a biopsy done on my thyroid it hurt worse than any pain I've endured. She kept telling me there was no way it hurt that bad. That it wouldn't be painful. I had several ultrasounds and never found anything. I went to Atlanta and they found a calcification on my scam muscle. If you're going to be a doctor, listen to your patients.
Charleston, WV – Aug 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
Thank you for working me in when i didn't know what to do.
Charleston, WV – Jul 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
Horrible bedside manner. I was always told something different at each visit. I felt like I was a burden to her. She's rude and treats her staff like dogs. Interrupts them while helping others . She doesn't want them to talk to patients or each other even if it's work related. I don't see how she's still in practice. I will NOT go to her anymore.
Former patient in Oak hill – Jun 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
WHEN I WAS REF TO DR JAMI I HAD A VERY OVER ACTIVE THYROID LOTS OF ISSUES, MY FIRST VISIT, SHE WAS VERY RUDE, AND CONTRADICTED EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT MY MEDICAL ISSUES . SHE DIDN'T BELIEVE ME WHEN I STATED I HAD CERTAIN TESTS DONE IN THE PAST AND STATED THAT BECAUSE I AM OF YOUNG AGE. SHE DIDN'T LISTEN TO ANY OF THE CONCERNS OR WORRIES I HAD. I IMMEDIATELY SWITCHED CARE, I REFUSE TO BE SEEN BY SUCH A TERRIBLE PHYSICIAN. MY HEALTH MATTERS AND I REFUSED TO BE TREATED LIKE IT DOESN'T!
Charleston, WV – Jun 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
She is a horrible doctor! I found a new doctor who actually listened to me, made me feel at ease. I was a patient there for 2 years. I used to have to wait at least an hour to see her & she would answer my questions. Last visit I was in & out within a hour. Said she would send in my medicine. I had to call 2 times before she sent it in. My next visit was 2 months out & she only sent in a month of medicine. Her poor staff I feel bad for them. She's rude to them. Find ya a better dr!!!
Former patient in Charleston, WV – May 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
This doctor does not listen to her patients. She doesn't spend much time with her patients, either. I think she sticks only to what she learned in med school and has made no effort to continue her education. She would increase my metformin, the decrease it. She didn't seem very concerned with the nodules on my thyroid. I expect more from someone whose specialty is the endocrine system.
Former Patient in Charleston, WV – May 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
She does NOT listen to you as she is busy typing on her laptop. Asked me how I was doing after my heart attack. I've never had one. Will only prescribe 2 refills at a time so you HAVE to come back in 6-8 weeks or you are out of luck. I seriously think she has so many patients she is confused. On paperwork said I eat too many crackers at night (my sugar was up once, one night). I have had enough as I have been seeing her for years because of my insurance. Insurance changed, getting new dr.
Charleston – Apr 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
She never treated me, she just told me that I was diabetic and my blood glucose was high. She never told me what to do to treat it. It was like I was doing her a favor by being there.
Bill R in Charleston, WV – Jan 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
I am very satisfied with Dr. Jami. She has been able to regulate my blood sugar and is very knowledgeable. She is strict and no nonsense which I find very helpful. I think that she expects her patients to take their health seriously and to follow her recommendations. If you are serious about getting healthy then you will do well with her. I am on an insulin pump, and she is very good at adjusting levels to meet my lifestyle. She always answers all of my questions, and does not rush me.
Charleston, WV – Jun 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?
I went to Dr.Jami over a year. I thought she would be able to help me.Instead all I got from her was a rude,snotty attitude. I asked her secretary for a copy of her report for my family doctor and when I read what she wrote I was furious! Her report was very far from accurate and it read like a 5 year old speaks. Then when I confronted her with the errors in her comments she jumped all over the secratary and told her she couldnt give them to me anymore.I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HER FOR TO ANYONE!
very dissatisfied in Summersville, WV – Mar 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasuna Jami, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jami?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Mercy Catheterization Med Center Inc
1990
Sriram Chandra Bhanja Medical College, Utkal University

• Arabic

More Information

• Does Dr. Jami communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Jami communicates via email

• Does Dr. Jami offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Jami offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Jami offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Jami offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Jami have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Jami has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Jami offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Jami offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Jami offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Jami offers evening visits