Dr. Prashan Thiagarajah, MD

Dr. Prashan Thiagarajah, MD

Internal Medicine  ·
Dr. Prashan Thiagarajah, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Pittsburgh, PA. He specializes in internal medicine.Read his story

100 S Jackson Ave Fl 3

Pittsburgh, PA 15202

• Amerihealth
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Thiagarajah

Dr. Thiagarajah's Experience

Dr. Thiagarajah's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

Dr. Thiagarajah's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Thiagarajah "I grew up in New Jersey. I was unsure of my career path but after studying political science in university and working in finance on Wall Street I shifted careers and pursued the study of medicine. I began my medical training at UMDNJ - Rutgers in New Jersey and completed my clinical training primarily in New York City. In 2009 I relocated to Pittsburgh for a three year training in Internal Medicine. This is the study of adult human diseases. I have grown to enjoy the warmth and passion in the city of Pittsburgh and this has been my home for nine years and hope it will continue to be such. We practice "old fashioned" medicine. This means I care for a patient in whichever venue he or she finds herself. This includes hospitals, medical offices, nursing homes and even sometimes with a home visit to their residence. I work at Allegheny General Hospital and multiple nursing homes in the area (Vincentian North Hills, Manor Care North HIlls and Life Care Hospital in Bellevue. I have office hourso Mnday and Tuesday in our McKnight Rd Office as well as Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in our Bellevue office. "

This content was provided by Dr. Thiagarajah "Myself and the patient are a team.  We have the common goal of improving the quality / quantity of life of my patient.  We will together determine the manner to carry this out most suitable to you.  Teams require commitment on all sides.  Just as I pledge commitment to your health improvement I expect you to also take interest in your health and well being.  The harder you work to improve your health makes me excited to work with and for you.   Welcome to our team!"

Dr. Thiagarajah does not have any board certifications listed.

• Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Education data for Dr. Thiagarajah is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Thiagarajah has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Thiagarajah has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Thiagarajah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thiagarajah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Thiagarajah's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Thiagarajah

Dr. Thiagarajah?
Dr. Thiagarajah's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Prashan Thiagarajah, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Hands down the best doctor that I've ever had. He really cares and spends a lot of time with someone to try and figure out what is wrong. Always calls or emails me back and even showed up at the hospital to see how I was doing. He is a god send.
K Lux in Pittsburgh, PA – Jun 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prashan Thiagarajah, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Thiagarajah for years now. He is very knowledgeable, efficient, caring and follows up very quickly. I feel safe and well taken care of under his care. Dr. Thiagarajah takes time to listen, discuss and involve you in your overall medical treatment. He treats you with respect!...Read More
Kim Feather in Pittsburgh, PA – Sep 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prashan Thiagarajah, MD?
Dr Prashan came to my request while in AGH for emergency colo rectal surgery. He was a GEM who focused on my overall health while the other doctors took care of the major changes they had made to my gut. I didn't have to call him when I was in the hospital he came to me as part of the team of...Read More
David Miller in Pittsburgh, PA – Feb 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prashan Thiagarajah, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Thiagarajah?