Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 44

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Fargo, ND and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Sawardeker has extensive experience in Hand & Wrist Surgery and Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. He graduated from Tulane Sch Med in 2006. He is affiliated with medical facilities Essentia Health-Fargo and Essentia Health-Fosston. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD

Essentia Health-Fargo

3000 32nd Ave S Fargo, ND 58103
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Sawardeker with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Essentia Health.

Make an appointment at Essentia Health today at (701) 433-1563.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Essentia Health.

Dr. Sawardeker's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sawardeker

Reverse shoulder replacement
Dr. Sawardeker and his team did total replacement shoulder surgery on both my shoulders this year. I have been impressed with all my encounters with him. He was very caring and listened to me and explained the steps and what to expect. He came highly recommended by many of my family members. He is an example of what all doctors should strive to be. Ron Brager - extremely satisfied patient of Dr. Sawardeker. Thank you
Jan 13, 2023
Dr. Sawardeker's Reply –
Thank you for sharing your positive experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
I would recommend Dr Sawardeker to anyone. He is a TERRIFIC Dr. I had an AWESOME experience with him as my surgeon. He came in to see before I went into surgery. He was so kind. He explained the surgery again and assured me that all would be okay. He came in to check on me after my procedure. He is SUPER and genuinely caring. I just loved him. When I have my other hand done I will be very comfortable knowing Dr Sawardecker is there ??
Pam – Jan 13, 2022
Your feedback is important. Thank you for your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
When I needed shoulder surgery, I set out to find a doctor who was highly recommended. My search led me to Dr. Sawardeker. He had elicited a huge number of reviews which were extremely complimentary of his skill and demeanor. I learned that he had won awards at medical school and pursued specialized training in shoulder, elbow, and hand surgery. He had also been a team doctor for several major league baseball clubs who would certainly want the very best doctors working with their pro athletes. A clinic nurse said, "He's the shoulder guru!" I was indeed very pleased with my experience. He is humble, friendly and compassionate. I had complete confidence in him and his team. My surgery went great; I did not need any painkillers after the fourth day post-surgery. My physical therapist marveled at how well my shoulder moved right from my first session and has referred to my recovery as "phenomenal. " I give Dr. Sawardeker credit for this wonderful outcome. I am totally impressed with him!
Erlene DeCock – Jul 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Excellent surgeon....best of the best. Visit was so refreshing. Spoke to me like a human that cared. Never had a surgeon like him before. Thanks dr S
Jack Z. – May 08, 2021
Thanks for reaching out. We will pass along your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Dr. Sawardeker operated on my shoulder repairing rotator cuff and fixing bicep tendon with re-attachment. From the initial consults, to the operation and post-operative visits, I’ve been most impressed with Dr. Sawardeker. He takes the time to explain everything in great detail. I found a high level of comfort in my interactions with him. Highly recommend!
James Prochniak – Jan 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
I had shoulder joint replacement on February 24, 2020 by Dr. Sawardeker. It was a fantastic job. i recovered in no time. The pain from the surgery was less than the pain I had in my shoulder the surgery. Within approximately six weeks, with weekly PT visits, I was pretty much back to normal. I would do the surgery again in a hearbeat knowing the great outcome that I had from Dr. Sawardeker and his PA Ryan Kessler. It was my left shoulder and Dr. Sawardeker wound up doing a reverse replacement, meaning he had to reverse were the ball and socket went. The ball is on the shoulder and the socket in on my arm. It does limit my reaching behind my back but that it is a small price to pay for the bone on bone joint arthritis I had in the shoulder.
Satisfied Joint Replacement – Dec 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
I am so glad I was able to find Dr Sawardeker, I have been dealing with shoulder pain for the past 15 years, for the past 3 I have been getting cortisone injections in both shoulders to the point that they stopped helping relieve the pain any longer. I made what I thought was a scary decision to have my right shoulder replaced. It ended up being the best decision I could have made. I am now 6 weeks out and haven't felt this pain free since I was in my 20's. I highly recommend Dr Sawardeker and his team to help relieve your pain.
stephen Belcourt – Dec 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
In 2018 I had carpal tunnel release surgery on both hands at the same time, and Dr. Sawardeker did an amazing job. The incisions were small and healed very well. At my follow-up appointment he was so patient to answer my questions. Great bed-side manner. :)
Anne A. – Nov 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
I needed reverse shoulder replacement surgery. From beginning to end it was the best experience I could have ever had. the whole staff was awesome from the nurses to the surgeons. I would recommend anyone who needs this done to see Prasad. Thankyou to everyone who helped me during this time. Nothing but pure professionals!!!!
Craig Braun – Sep 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
I saw Dr Sawerdecker about 3 months age for a chronic painful condition in my thumb wrist area that caused pain in the hand, thumb ,wrist and arm up to the elbow. Dr Sawardeker could not have better. After 3 years of visits to other physicians that did not listen to my symptoms Dr S listened carefully and zeroed in on my problem in 10 minutes. Furthermore he explained how he could fix it with a minimal surgical technique he could accomplish as outpatient. Now after 3 months beyond the surgery I have 98% of my original mobility without any of the pain. My experience was exactly what anyone would hope to accomplish from a medical procedure but rarely accomplish. This man board certified with compassionate listening skill, expertises and knowledge is the real thing. I will be a fan for life. My previous clinic visits had been within the Sanford system was frustrating anddisappointing. Dr Sawardeker is part of the Essentia group. Life with pain is a partial existence, and diminishes life
Robert Richard – Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
When a person (me) does something stupid like fall asleep sitting up in bed, fall off of the bed and break their ankle in a few places, they generally do not have the luxury of researching the best surgeon for the job. I got SO lucky having Dr. Sawardeker as my surgeon. He was very calm, friendly, reassuring, he explained everything to me thoroughly, and did a fantastic job on my ankle. My post surgery visits were wonderful too, I never felt like he was in a hurry or rushed, yet I know he is a very busy Dr! He is a Dr. that you can really talk to, ask any question (no matter how dumb it may seem in your mind), and he answers it clearly & concisely, without making you feel like he's talking down to you (as some Drs have done to me in the past). I highly recommend him to everyone dealing with an orthopedic issue. I hope that I never need him as my surgeon again, but if I have any more orthopedic incidents, it will be him that I will request (and insist that I get) as my surgeon.
Jody L. – Aug 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Excellent bed side manner. Found my hand problems and fixed them all. Took time to hear my symptoms. Plus, a concerned and pleasant approach. Strongly recommend. Steve Schneider
Steve Schneider – Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
I had shoulder surgery with Dr. Sawardeker at the end of 2019. He is a caring surgeon who takes the time to answer ALL your questions. My pre and post surgery visits with him were never rushed. My surgery was life changing! I am so glad I had the surgery and am happy to say I am pain free with all my mobility back. I now able to enjoy life again thanks to Dr. Sawardeker!
Robin S – Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
My son had surgery on his finger, and we feel so grateful for Dr. Sawardeker and his talents. He was very patient and understanding, and he did an excellent job of walking us through each step of the process, explaining everything along the way so we could feel confident in our choices. Honestly, I couldn't imagine a better surgeon to be in the care of during a time of need. Thank you so much!
Apr 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Dr Sawardecker listens, explains and engages with patients so you can feel assured you will have the best care and outcome. Very kind and never feels rushed. Excellent surgeon highly recommend
Shannon olson – Mar 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
In the past 12 mths, Dr. Sawardeker and his team gave done a total shoulder replacement on both my shoulders. I cannot imagine that it could of possibly gone any smoother or less painful. I'm very satisfied with the results of my surgeries and would highly recommend Dr. Sawardeker for shoulder surgery!
Kelly Kruize – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
In the last 15 months I have had both shoulders replaced by Dr. Sawardeker. He is an excellent surgeon and I have had exceptional outcomes in both cases. Pain is gone, range of motion is fabulous, and I have gotten back to doing the things I enjoy doing - gardening, woodworking, landscaping, knitting, and so much more. I would recommend Dr. Sawardeker without hesitation.
Valerie N. – Feb 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Dr. Sawardeker did a phenomenal job with shoulder surgery. His team was wonderful. He protected me as I went back to work and was so accessible. Such a nice guy, my quality of life had gotten so poor due to my shoulder issues, but after surgery it's like I have a new life. I can't thank him enough.
Nikki Bohn – Jan 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
So great to work with! I had a fractured wrist that he had done surgery on. He explained everything he was going to do, made me feel so comfortable with the surgery, and everything turned out great! Definitely one of the best hospital experiences I've ever had! I would recommend him to anyone who needs orthopedic care!
Jenna Seley – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Dr. Sawardeker did an excellent job! I had a reverse total shoulder replacement procedure about 12 weeks ago. He clearly explained what was going on with my shoulder and how this procedure would improve my quality of life. My shoulder feels great today! He listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. Very caring Doctor!
Robert Melander – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sawardeker?