Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 42

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Fosston, MN. Dr. Sawardeker has more experience with Shoulder/Upper Arm, Elbow, and Hand/Wrist than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Essentia Health-Fargo and Essentia Health-Fosston. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sawardeker to book an appointment.

Essentia Health-Fosston Clinic

New Patient?
Essentia Health-Fosston Clinic900 Hilligoss Blvd SE Fosston, MN 56542

Essentia Health-32nd Avenue Clinic (Fargo)

New Patient?
Essentia Health-32nd Avenue Clinic (Fargo)3000 32nd Ave S Fargo, ND 58103
    • Sat: closed

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Essentia Health

Dr. Sawardeker's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sawardeker

Dr. Sawardeker?
  • Listened & answered questions (48)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (47)
  • Explained conditions well (47)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (1)
Dr. Sawardeker operated on my shoulder repairing rotator cuff and fixing bicep tendon with re-attachment. From the initial consults, to the operation and post-operative visits, I’ve been most impressed with Dr. Sawardeker. He takes the time to explain everything in great detail. I found a high level of comfort in my interactions with him. Highly recommend!
James Prochniak – Jan 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
I had shoulder joint replacement on February 24, 2020 by Dr. Sawardeker. It was a fantastic job. i recovered in no time. The pain from the surgery was less than the pain I had in my shoulder the surgery. Within approximately six weeks, with weekly PT visits, I was pretty much back to normal. I would do the surgery again in a hearbeat knowing the great outcome that I had from Dr. Sawardeker and his PA Ryan Kessler. It was my left shoulder and Dr. Sawardeker wound up doing a reverse replacement, meaning he had to reverse were the ball and socket went. The ball is on the shoulder and the socket in on my arm. It does limit my reaching behind my back but that it is a small price to pay for the bone on bone joint arthritis I had in the shoulder.
Satisfied Joint Replacement – Dec 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
I am so glad I was able to find Dr Sawardeker, I have been dealing with shoulder pain for the past 15 years, for the past 3 I have been getting cortisone injections in both shoulders to the point that they stopped helping relieve the pain any longer. I made what I thought was a scary decision to have my right shoulder replaced. It ended up being the best decision I could have made. I am now 6 weeks out and haven't felt this pain free since I was in my 20's. I highly recommend Dr Sawardeker and his team to help relieve your pain.
stephen Belcourt – Dec 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
In 2018 I had carpal tunnel release surgery on both hands at the same time, and Dr. Sawardeker did an amazing job. The incisions were small and healed very well. At my follow-up appointment he was so patient to answer my questions. Great bed-side manner. :)
Anne A. – Nov 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
I needed reverse shoulder replacement surgery. From beginning to end it was the best experience I could have ever had. the whole staff was awesome from the nurses to the surgeons. I would recommend anyone who needs this done to see Prasad. Thankyou to everyone who helped me during this time. Nothing but pure professionals!!!!
Craig Braun – Sep 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
I saw Dr Sawerdecker about 3 months age for a chronic painful condition in my thumb wrist area that caused pain in the hand, thumb ,wrist and arm up to the elbow. Dr Sawardeker could not have better. After 3 years of visits to other physicians that did not listen to my symptoms Dr S listened carefully and zeroed in on my problem in 10 minutes. Furthermore he explained how he could fix it with a minimal surgical technique he could accomplish as outpatient. Now after 3 months beyond the surgery I have 98% of my original mobility without any of the pain. My experience was exactly what anyone would hope to accomplish from a medical procedure but rarely accomplish. This man board certified with compassionate listening skill, expertises and knowledge is the real thing. I will be a fan for life. My previous clinic visits had been within the Sanford system was frustrating anddisappointing. Dr Sawardeker is part of the Essentia group. Life with pain is a partial existence, and diminishes life
Robert Richard – Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
When a person (me) does something stupid like fall asleep sitting up in bed, fall off of the bed and break their ankle in a few places, they generally do not have the luxury of researching the best surgeon for the job. I got SO lucky having Dr. Sawardeker as my surgeon. He was very calm, friendly, reassuring, he explained everything to me thoroughly, and did a fantastic job on my ankle. My post surgery visits were wonderful too, I never felt like he was in a hurry or rushed, yet I know he is a very busy Dr! He is a Dr. that you can really talk to, ask any question (no matter how dumb it may seem in your mind), and he answers it clearly & concisely, without making you feel like he's talking down to you (as some Drs have done to me in the past). I highly recommend him to everyone dealing with an orthopedic issue. I hope that I never need him as my surgeon again, but if I have any more orthopedic incidents, it will be him that I will request (and insist that I get) as my surgeon.
Jody L. – Aug 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Excellent bed side manner. Found my hand problems and fixed them all. Took time to hear my symptoms. Plus, a concerned and pleasant approach. Strongly recommend. Steve Schneider
Steve Schneider – Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
I had shoulder surgery with Dr. Sawardeker at the end of 2019. He is a caring surgeon who takes the time to answer ALL your questions. My pre and post surgery visits with him were never rushed. My surgery was life changing! I am so glad I had the surgery and am happy to say I am pain free with all my mobility back. I now able to enjoy life again thanks to Dr. Sawardeker!
Robin S – Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
My son had surgery on his finger, and we feel so grateful for Dr. Sawardeker and his talents. He was very patient and understanding, and he did an excellent job of walking us through each step of the process, explaining everything along the way so we could feel confident in our choices. Honestly, I couldn't imagine a better surgeon to be in the care of during a time of need. Thank you so much!
Apr 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Dr Sawardecker listens, explains and engages with patients so you can feel assured you will have the best care and outcome. Very kind and never feels rushed. Excellent surgeon highly recommend
Shannon olson – Mar 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
In the past 12 mths, Dr. Sawardeker and his team gave done a total shoulder replacement on both my shoulders. I cannot imagine that it could of possibly gone any smoother or less painful. I'm very satisfied with the results of my surgeries and would highly recommend Dr. Sawardeker for shoulder surgery!
Kelly Kruize – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
In the last 15 months I have had both shoulders replaced by Dr. Sawardeker. He is an excellent surgeon and I have had exceptional outcomes in both cases. Pain is gone, range of motion is fabulous, and I have gotten back to doing the things I enjoy doing - gardening, woodworking, landscaping, knitting, and so much more. I would recommend Dr. Sawardeker without hesitation.
Valerie N. – Feb 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Dr. Sawardeker did a phenomenal job with shoulder surgery. His team was wonderful. He protected me as I went back to work and was so accessible. Such a nice guy, my quality of life had gotten so poor due to my shoulder issues, but after surgery it's like I have a new life. I can't thank him enough.
Nikki Bohn – Jan 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
So great to work with! I had a fractured wrist that he had done surgery on. He explained everything he was going to do, made me feel so comfortable with the surgery, and everything turned out great! Definitely one of the best hospital experiences I've ever had! I would recommend him to anyone who needs orthopedic care!
Jenna Seley – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Dr. Sawardeker did an excellent job! I had a reverse total shoulder replacement procedure about 12 weeks ago. He clearly explained what was going on with my shoulder and how this procedure would improve my quality of life. My shoulder feels great today! He listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. Very caring Doctor!
Robert Melander – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Dr. Sawardeker did a fantastic job on a very difficult surgery on my arm. Prior to the surgery, he explained my options and gave a very thorough explanation. After the surgery he briefed my wife on how it went. Our followup visit after the surgery was very helpful. Dr. Sawardeker is the consummate professional. He has a wonderful personality, is very patient and kind and above all he is an extremely skilled surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone.
Will Wright – Dec 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Dr. Sawardeker repaired a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder about 4 years ago, and did a reverse total shoulder replacement in my right shoulder about 6 weeks ago. In both cases he clearly explained what was wrong and the options available to treat each painful condition. Once we decided on a treatment plan, his skill both as a surgeon and an effective communicator helped me understand what to expect each step of the way. He neither sugar-coated or catastrophized the process, but gave me an accurate picture of what the recovery period would be like from each procedure.
Tom Colville – Dec 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Excellent doctor in every way!
Richard Britt – Dec 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?
Thank you so much for your excellent care. Your team put a scared and concerned young football player with a badly broken arm your experience and knowledge prevented him from having surgery. Thank you so much for all you did to ensure his recovery.
Lisa Severson – Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Prasad Sawardeker, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sawardeker?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Minnesota

Frequently Treated by Dr. Sawardeker

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Sawardeker treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Sawardeker treats other conditions, please contact the office at (218) 435-1212.

Shoulder/Upper Arm

Shoulder and upper arm conditions include arthritis, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries, and dislocations, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Shoulder/Upper Arm specialists.

Dr. Sawardeker typically treats 83% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures

Shoulder Disorders
Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
Rotator Cuff Tear
Shoulder Impingement Syndrome

Elbow

Elbow surgeons perform proceduras including arthroscopy, replacement, resurfacing, or tendon repair to treat conditions affecting the elbow, such as arthritis, dislocations, and hyperextension.Compare with other Elbow specialists.

Dr. Sawardeker typically treats 97% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Elbow Injuries
Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)

Hand/Wrist

Hand and wrist conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, and fractures or sprains, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Hand/Wrist specialists.

Dr. Sawardeker typically treats 73% more often than similar doctors

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Dr. Sawardeker accepts

Dr. Sawardeker accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Blue Cross Accord
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

As a physician, I have the privilege of caring for patients and their families and sharing in Essentia Health's mission of making a healthy difference in people's lives.

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery