Dr. Pramod R. Malik, MD

Dr. Pramod R. Malik, MD

Gastroenterology | Male | 52 years old

Compassionate, state of the art care. I respect your preferences in choosing how to manage you health or disease. Your best interest is the only interest I will consider.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Malik's Experience

See how Dr. Malik's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Malik

Dr. Malik accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Malik has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Malik
Dr. Malik's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (22)
Dr. Malik Says:

I want you to be confident that if you ask me to see you, I serve only you. Your interest and preference dictates what we decide to do together.

I enjoy my work and don't feel that I come to "work" everyday. It is fun and rewarding.

in franklin, VA |
He was a very nice doctor who cares about his patients.
Norfolk, VA |
BEWARE of BILLING! I saw Dr. Malik for "routine colonoscopy screening", fully covered by my insurance policy as "preventative service". HOWEVER, I was billed for a diagnostic outpatient procedure charging me $294.28 after insurance. Office refused to correct their billing code and Lisa, billing rep. was very rude and said 'you're just going to have to deal with it'. HE WILL NOT CHANGE THE BILLING CODE. I WAS TOLD getting a routine colonoscopy prior to proc. Filing an appeal with Ins. co.
in Outer Banks, NC |
Worst experience of my life - last case and he was running late. Treated like a piece of meat. Bruises on abdomen. He rushed off afterwards - showed photos to my spouse but not me as I was in PACU. I'm offended that he would give more info to lay spouse not patient w 20 yr medical background. No followup call post screening colonoscopy procedure to check on patient status.
in Norfolk, VA |
Dr. Malik is a brilliant, caring physician who really listens to me before advising, recommending and prescribing. He keeps up with the latest developments in his area of expertise and is always learning how to best treat his patients. His attitude and demeanor clearly exemplify his warmth and dedication. I've been a patient since 1999.
in Chesapeake, VA. 23324 |
Dr. Malik has been my gastro dr. for 10 years. I trust him 100% with my gastro health. He cares about his patients and make sure they get the best care available. He also took care of my husband when he was sick until his passing. I would recommend Dr. Malik to anyone who needed a caring and wonderful doctor. I'm hoping his practice gets an office closer to out area, Portsmouth or Suffolk.
in Chesapeake, VA |
Having been under Dr. Malik's care at his previous practice, I knew no matter where he relocated, I wanted to be there. His knowledge and expertise is excellent. His attention to detail is very thorough and his interest in all your questions and your answers is truly genuine. He will find the best and most beneficial treatment option for you. No matter what procedure you may need, or any health concerns you may have, you can be assured you will get the great care you expect and deserve.
in Suffolk, VA |
IF IT CAN BE FIXED DR.MALIK CAN FIX IT..THERE IS NO DOUGHT IN MY MINE HE HAS ADDED MANY QUALITY YEARS TO MY LIFE..HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM..JUST A WONDERFUL DOCTOR...
in Windsor,Va |
He is very caring and informative
in Suffolk, Va |
He is an excellent doctor
Have you seen Dr. Pramod R. Malik, MD?
Are you Dr. Malik?

Compare Dr. Malik

Dr. Malik says...

Dr. Malik, grew up in India. He went straight to medical school after high school and earned the degree of Doctor of Medicine in 1988 from the M.S. University of Baroda. After a four-year residency in surgery he became board certified in General Surgery (India) in 1992.

He then completed his residency in Internal Medicine in 1995 and later a Fellowship in Gastroenterology at the University of Illinois at Chicago in 1998. After practicing in Michigan for nearly 4 years he joined a GI practice in Chesapeake/ Norfolk/ Virginia Beach in 2002. In January 2015, he joined GI and Liver Specialists of Tidewater with offices in Suffolk, Portsmouth and Carrollton, VA.

He is board certified in Internal Medicine and in the sub specialty of Gastroenterology. He is also a Certified Physician Investigator and directed clinical research at a busy GI group practice for over 12 years. Dr. Malik is actively involved in the field of Gastroenterology at local, regional and national level. He was the President of the Virginia Gastroenterological Society from 2011-2013. He is also the President of Seaboard Medical Association. Dr. Malik served on American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy research committee. He served as the President of the medical staff at DePaul Medical Center in 2008-2009. Dr. Malik has been recognized as a Fellow of American College of Gastroenterology, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and American Gastroenterological Association.

Dr. Malik's Care Philosophy

Compassionate, state of the art care. I respect your preferences in choosing how to manage you health or disease. Your best interest is the only interest I will consider.

Dr. Malik says...

I listen to you because in your symptoms is where I find clues to the diagnosis. I do tests that will help improve your health or provide you with peace of mind. Your best interest is my ONLY interest. I encourage you to review the material on the internet and ask questions. Do not leave the office with any unanswered questions.

Some common conditions treated are: Crohn's, Ulcerative colitis, hemorrhoids, gastrointestinal cancers including pancreatic, esophageal and colon, liver diseases, abnormal liver enzymes, GERD, Barrett's esophagus, GI bleeding.

Dr. Malik says...

I specialize in complex therapeutic endoscopic procedures but f I don't think a procedure is going to help you, I will recommend against it. I will give you options with risks/ benefits to allow you to reach an informed decision.

While colonoscopy is the most common procedure I perform, it is commonly feared and avoided by healthy people at serious risk of missing avoidable colon cancer. I perform high quality and safe colonoscopy.

I perform upper endoscopy (EGD)  - usually to diagnose GERD, GI bleeding, abdominal pain etc. I perform very careful screening for Barrett's esophagus and treat dysplasia in Barrett's using techniques like endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) and radiofrequency ablation (RFA).

Therapy for hemorrhoids is often misunderstood and I match the treatment to your condition to get you maximal benefit.

Some examples of the more complex procedure I perform are: ERCP, endoscopic pancreatic pseudocyst drainage, removal of gall stones from the bile duct, stents in various locations to relieve obstruction from cancer, control of bleeding, placement of feeding tubes (PEG and PEJ), complex esophageal strictures, dilation of achalasia.

Dr. Malik says...

I derive immense satisfaction in receiving your positive response but that is not the reason I became a doctor. Sometimes folks are unhappy because they did not get what they "wanted" from the visit. I want to hear if there is an area where my staff or I performed below your expectation. This allows us to improve our process to help the patients that come after you.

In our business it is not uncommon to run late for a variety of reasons but you can be sure when I am seeing you, I will spend as much time as you need. You should not leave my office with unanswered questions.

I can never promise I won't miss a diagnosis or potentially make an error but I will do my best every time to be thorough, accurate and compassionate.

Dr. Malik's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology

• several, 2007

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Malik's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Iron Overload
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Lactose Intolerance
  • Liver Damage from Alcohol
  • Liver Disease (Except Cancer, Hepatitis and Cirrhosis)
  • Liver Diseases and Disorders

Completed in 1992

• Gujarati
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi

Dr. Malik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Malik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Fecal Impaction Removal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry
  • Therapeutic ERCP

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.