Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD

Pain Medicine ·  Male · Age 58

Dr. Gupta

Advanced Pain Treatment Center

162 Barnwood Dr Edgewood, KY 41017

Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Edgewood, KY and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from Rg Kar Medical College, West Bengal University Of Health Sciences in 1983 and specializes in pain medicine and anesthesiology.

Dr. Gupta accepts

Dr. Gupta accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Blue Access Choice PPO
Blue Preferred HMO
Commercial Insurance Company
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medical Mutual of Ohio
TriCare for Life
WellPoint
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kentucky

Check Dr. Gupta's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gupta's Top Procedures and Conditions

Spondylosis

Dr. Gupta treats Spondylosis more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Gupta treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
high

Dr. Gupta treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Gupta treats this condition more than 89% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Medial Branch Radiofrequency Neurotomy
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Selective Nerve Root Block
  • Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression (MILD)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection
  • Upper Back Pain

Our aim is to offer cutting edge, innovative, safe and evidence based, state of the art interventional pain management options for managing or, if possible, cure painful conditions.

• Pain Medicine

43.66197183098591%

Dr. Gupta?
Dr. Gupta's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD
Worst experience ever. His favorite word is red flag. Doesn't listen. Tells You what your pain level is. Staff is rude and unprofessional. If You want to be made to feel like a drug addict or drug seeker go here. Absolute worst. The wait was horrible. I should have listened to my gut when I pulled up to a Dr.'s office in a strip mall and just left. Amanda, the self titled office manager is by far the RUDEST individual I have ever dealt with. Just now, I was fired as his patient because I could not afford a medication prescribed, which in their words, constituted not following Pragya B. Gupta's plan. It was not covered under my insurance and even using Good Rx it was over $300.00 for 4 patches. So basically. I was fired because I am on a fixed income and could not afford the medication that was part of HIS plan. A complete joke. I have filed a formal complaint with my insurance company. They underestimated the wrong human being this time. Intimidation and poor personnel skills will not
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
I have been suffering with lower back/SI joints for several years. Although my condition is not curable, Dr Gupta has greatly helped me with injections and meds. He is a very compassionate person and take great strides to educate you about your condition.
Dr. Gupta is very great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta helped me very much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
I have dealt with pain management due to cervical spine issues and lower back issues for 20 years. I've had many pain management specialist but by far the best doctor I've ever had is Dr. Gupta. He uses all the latest pain management techniques and technologies. I am very grateful to have been able to get off large amounts does medications and still have effective pain management. My life has improved dramatically and I will forever be grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
I went to Dr Gupta for years. Until he did me very WRONG! I was very sick and had to cancel 2 different appointments. He told me to leave on my next app. He got very mad. Just because i was so sick. I couldn't even drive. He did me WRONG! He was very unfair and mean about it. Now i have to live in severe pain everyday, because of him. No pain Dr will see me. I don't know what he put in my records, but it must not have been good. Things were always good between us, until i had to cancel. I would
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
I am very impressed with Dr.Gupta and the quality and time of care he has given to my chronic pain. I look forward to working with him more closely concerning my health and well being. Very excellent Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
I am very happy to have found a pain management dr. who to the time on my initial visit to eval the areas that affect me the most. I have had my first treatment recently looking forward to a happier future
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
I had to find a new doctor after mine retired I tried Dr. Gupta after several visits my pain has increased and I find out that he doesn't really accept my insurance he tried an epidural which did not get near the problem disk. He recommended several tests which I found out had never been ordered by his staff he may be a good doctor but with the staff he has I can't see how anyone can continue to see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
If leaving no stars was an option that is what I would leave.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
I am pleased with the docs treatments and he helps manage my Pain so I can continue work and my Life, however his office staff especially the front staff is Terrible to deal with. You can never get a call through when you do no one returns your calls. I can almost bet he has Lost several patients in the last 6 months due to this issue. My next visit I am asking him for his email so when I can't get a response I can email him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
I have nothing but praise for Dr. Gupta. Having neck and back conditions for many years, I have encountered numerous doctors, specialists and therapies. Dr. Gupta is by far the most concerned, thorough, and supportive doctor I have encountered. He is much like a detective; as he will find the root cause of any condition and move forward with proven, effective procedures and/or therapies. He has always been honest and direct, this I appreciate beyond words.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta is an amazing doctor, he takes the time listen to you. I would recommend him to anyone for injections he is one of the best! Mel is a great addition to the team and has helped me to resolve several insurance issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Gupta since 2004. Dr Gupta has performed many injections and continues to manage my pain as necessary so I can continue to work and live a satisfactory life in as little pain as possible. I highly recommend Dr Gupta to anyone whom is seeking to manage pain be treated with much dignity and respect during a pleasant visit every time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
We are switching to Dr Gupta because our Dr is retiring and the staff have been nothing but nice and helpful and accommodating. I look forward to getting to know them
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
This doctor has been amazing for me, he is up to date on new technology especially stem cell treatment, work amazing. Thank you to all his staff for making this easy for me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
My first time seeing Dr Gupta was a wait, but well worth it. For the first time in 25 years I have found a Dr that has helped my pain more than any other doctor I have seen. I am so thankful for his staff and the nurse.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
this office is pitiful my appointment time was at 930 I didn't get called back until 245 unbelievable . they said he was doing procedures .when it was time for my refill the lady on the phone told me I couldn't call I had to come in, I told her it would be a few days before I could get there because I lived over an hour away she then told me I was discharged for wasting her time . she said they don't have time for people like me WOW I was shocked.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
Dr Gupta has changed my life. I should say gave me my life back. I destroyed my back in a work related accident, and began suffering from severe lower back and leg pain. I went to couple Drs before Dr gupta, and they did not care. The first time I seen Dr Gupta I could tell he really cared about me as a person and he understood that I was in severe pain. I have been seeing him since 2009, and life changed. I could live again, and play with my kids! Not enough space on here I could go on. ?? Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
Only interested in making money, over 2 hrs wait time even for just a prescription refill. Doesn't listen and bullies his patients... Terrible experience
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Gupta?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gupta treats patients.

West Chester Hospital