Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD

Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Edgewood, KY. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

162 Barnwood Dr

Edgewood, KY 41017

• Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Gupta

See how frequently Dr. Gupta performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Neck Pain
Spondylosis
Bone Disorders
high

Dr. Gupta's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Gupta "Our aim is to offer cutting edge, innovative, safe and evidence based, state of the art interventional pain management options for managing or, if possible, cure painful conditions."

• Pain Medicine

• Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Lumbar Facet Joint Injection
  • Lumbar Medial Branch Radiofrequency Neurotomy
  • Lumbar Selective Nerve Root Block
  • Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression (MILD)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Injections
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Rg Kar Medical College, West Bengal University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Tufts University School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Tufts University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • The Royal College Of Surgeons Of Edinburgh
    Other Education | Completed 1993

Dr. Gupta has no media or publications listed.

• Bengali
  • Hindi

Dr. Gupta does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gupta and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gupta's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gupta to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Gupta's Performance
in COVINGTON, Ky |
I am very impressed with Dr.Gupta and the quality and time of care he has given to my chronic pain. I look forward to working with him more closely concerning my health and well being. Very excellent Dr.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I am very happy to have found a pain management dr. who to the time on my initial visit to eval the areas that affect me the most. I have had my first treatment recently looking forward to a happier future
in Falmouth, KY |
I had to find a new doctor after mine retired I tried Dr. Gupta after several visits my pain has increased and I find out that he doesn't really accept my insurance he tried an epidural which did not get near the problem disk. He recommended several tests which I found out had never been ordered by his staff he may be a good doctor but with the staff he has I can't see how anyone can continue to see him.
Covington, KY |
If leaving no stars was an option that is what I would leave.
Middletown Ohio |
I am pleased with the docs treatments and he helps manage my Pain so I can continue work and my Life, however his office staff especially the front staff is Terrible to deal with. You can never get a call through when you do no one returns your calls. I can almost bet he has Lost several patients in the last 6 months due to this issue. My next visit I am asking him for his email so when I can't get a response I can email him.
Cincinnati, Ohio |
I have nothing but praise for Dr. Gupta. Having neck and back conditions for many years, I have encountered numerous doctors, specialists and therapies. Dr. Gupta is by far the most concerned, thorough, and supportive doctor I have encountered. He is much like a detective; as he will find the root cause of any condition and move forward with proven, effective procedures and/or therapies. He has always been honest and direct, this I appreciate beyond words.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Gupta is an amazing doctor, he takes the time listen to you. I would recommend him to anyone for injections he is one of the best! Mel is a great addition to the team and has helped me to resolve several insurance issues.
in Butler,ky |
I have been a patient of Dr Gupta since 2004. Dr Gupta has performed many injections and continues to manage my pain as necessary so I can continue to work and live a satisfactory life in as little pain as possible. I highly recommend Dr Gupta to anyone whom is seeking to manage pain be treated with much dignity and respect during a pleasant visit every time.
in Morning View Ky |
We are switching to Dr Gupta because our Dr is retiring and the staff have been nothing but nice and helpful and accommodating. I look forward to getting to know them
This doctor has been amazing for me, he is up to date on new technology especially stem cell treatment, work amazing. Thank you to all his staff for making this easy for me
mason, oh |
My first time seeing Dr Gupta was a wait, but well worth it. For the first time in 25 years I have found a Dr that has helped my pain more than any other doctor I have seen. I am so thankful for his staff and the nurse.
in Madison Indiana |
this office is pitiful my appointment time was at 930 I didn't get called back until 245 unbelievable . they said he was doing procedures .when it was time for my refill the lady on the phone told me I couldn't call I had to come in, I told her it would be a few days before I could get there because I lived over an hour away she then told me I was discharged for wasting her time . she said they don't have time for people like me WOW I was shocked.
in Villa hills |
Dr Gupta has changed my life. I should say gave me my life back. I destroyed my back in a work related accident, and began suffering from severe lower back and leg pain. I went to couple Drs before Dr gupta, and they did not care. The first time I seen Dr Gupta I could tell he really cared about me as a person and he understood that I was in severe pain. I have been seeing him since 2009, and life changed. I could live again, and play with my kids! Not enough space on here I could go on. ?? Dr.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Only interested in making money, over 2 hrs wait time even for just a prescription refill. Doesn't listen and bullies his patients... Terrible experience
in Crestview Hills, KY |
Dr Gupta has been my dr for 3 years. He always treats me with kindness and works continually to solve my health issues. I will not go to any other dr for my condition. In fact I was transferred to NY for 5 months and drove back to him for that time for monthly visits. No dr knows me or tries to help as much as he does. He never makes me feel he is too busy for me. Thank you Dr Gupta for all that you for me as your patient!
in Covington, KY |
Competent doctor, but he truly seems more interested in cramming in as many patients per day as possible. On average, I wait 2 to 2 1/2 hours past my appointment time to be seen. This should not be legal. He and his staff don't care. I'm about to bill him for the 20 - 24 hours of my wasted time in the past 12 months.
in cold spring, ky |
I have beenwith him for years and thoughthe was great. Then My disabity is changed to Humana and they wouldnt pay for alot of extras. I had a previous bill of 600 from before i was on disability. i paid $75 month toward it and $45 copay every month to get my meds filled. Then all the sudden they held my meds ransom for $327 which they knew i didnt have since i was on disability. Now i have no meds and he is doung something to my chart so other doctors wont see me. he is awful
in mason ohio |
Dr Gupta is wonderful. He takes his time with each patient for a proper diagnosis!
in Williamstown, KY |
I would not recommend him to anyone ! After 6 years of monthly visits I finally reached my breaking point on 12/16/15. !045 appt called me back at 1133 am was given IV for procedure,IV ran dry blood backed up haltway to IV bag had to look for someone to fix it. At 145pm Im still waiting for injection and again I had to look for someone,had them remove IV and I left and I will never set foot in this mans office again ! This has gone on far too long !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Pragya Gupta, MD?
Are you Dr. Gupta?

Visit Dr. Gupta

Dr. Gupta accepts 15 insurance carriers
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
    Blue Access Choice PPO
    Blue Preferred HMO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio