Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD

Dr. Banerjee
Telehealth services available

North Texas Rheumatology

8220 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 414 Dallas, TX 75231

Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in Dallas, TX and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Banerjee has more experience with Arthritis and Arthropathy than other specialists in her area. She graduated from Minsk State Medical Institute medical school in 1992. She is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Banerjee to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Rheumatology Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Banerjee accepts

Dr. Banerjee accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Commercial Insurance Company
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Banerjee

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Banerjee treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Banerjee treats other conditions, please contact the office at (469) 916-0677.

Arthritis and Arthropathy

Arthritis and arthropathy specialists diagnose and treat diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis that damage joints, causing pain, stiffness and swelling.Compare with other Arthritis and Arthropathy specialists.

Dr. Banerjee typically treats 63% more often than similar doctors

• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Injection of Tendon
  • Joint Injection
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Swelling
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

Dr. Banerjee's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Banerjee

2.9

Dr. Banerjee?
I was diagnosed with moderate to severe RA when I was pregnant with my son. I was scared and in so much pain in both of my shoulders and my knees on my first visit to this office. I was experiencing a relapse severe flare up and I couldn’t lift my arms up past my shoulders. The nurse was extremely rude and short with any answers she provided...and thank God my husband was with me and knew they where preparing two huge needles to shoot into my shoulders without explaining what they where injecting me with. It was really painful and I felt they showed no compassion whatsoever while administering the meds. I told her very clearly before this that I did not want to do meds until after I weaned my baby and I was met with a “I’m concerned about you not the baby” attitude. I felt she kept trying to pressure me to wean my 2 1/2 month old baby. I didn’t think Dr. Banerjee was mean, however I think she and her nurse show no compassion towards their patient’s circumstances or feelings.
SF – May 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
Dr. Banerjee has taken such good care of me since 2007. I am deeply grateful for her depth of knowledge, her explanation of my issues to me and her compassion for me.
Vicky P. in Fort Worth, TX – Oct 10, 2019
the greatest
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
HORRID experience! This lady was very COLD and lacked professionalism when I inquired about her office obtaining results from a prior doctor of mine vs. having to pay a $200 deductible for a new chest x-ray. I was placed on hold by one of the receptionist and when Dr. Banerjee returned to the line, I was greeted with her yelling (YES YELLING) at me over the phone, stating that she would cancel my next appointment until I was able to have the testing done that she'd told me to. Her accent is ver
Dec 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
Will not recommend this Dr. office because of the long wait time in the office and minimum care from the Doctor plus RUDE and unprofessional nurse! Decide to seek another Doctor office. There are plenty out there!
  • Long wait times
TX – May 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
Truly one of the kindest doctors I have had. Extremely competent and able to make diagnoses that my previous physicians could not. Explains all of her thinking and why she is recommending the treatments that she is. Will not refill unnecessary medications prescribed by previous physicians and was able to limit my number of medications with better results. Truly a compassionate physician!
Dallas – Apr 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
I'm sure there are worse doctors, but I would be hard pressed to find one. Rude and incompetent nurse. Arrogant doctor who doesn't care about her patients. Left the country for WEEKS without leaving a doctor on call - simply closed up her office. Won't fill out disability paperwork. Nightmarish to get medication refills. Waited an hour and a half to see her and she ANSWERED HER PHONE during the exam and LEFT THE ROOM. Go elsewhere.
  • Long wait times
Mar 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
I am a patient with Systemic lupus and today was informed, two days before due, that the dr will not complete my FMLA paperwork. I was unable to keep appointments because it is a new job. I struggle with keeping the appointments when there are days I hurt and cannot come to work. So now that the only rheumatologist I have seen decided I cannot get FMLA then I will lose my current job and have to find a new dr as well. Please know this dr will not give a damn about you. Regina Ingram
Regina Ingram in rowlett – Mar 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
If you want a doctor who is compassionate and willing to treat you like a person, go elsewhere. One of the most incompetent practices I've been to, with a rude nurse and an kind, overworked woman at the front desk. Anticipate a long wait and a short visit with the actual Doctor, who will answer her cell phone while in the exam room with you. If you're disabled, she won't fill out any follow up paperwork or advocate for you in any way. Expect medication snafus. My best advice is go elsewhere.
Mar 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
Unprofessional and rude, wait for over 45 minutes and she visits with you for 5, hard to understand does not explain her “opinion” will not refill medication even after 7 weeks of pharmacy faxes or phone calls.
Feb 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
I have seen Dr. Banerjee for several years. She has tremendous passion for her patients. She always makes me feel like I am her only patient. She answers all my questions and makes sure I understand. She takes as much time as I need and I never feel rushed. She is very professional and extremely knowledgeable in her field. I am always greeted with a smile when I walk in to her office. The staff is very friendly and goes above and beyond to make sure I have everything I need before leaving.
Sherry Reznicek in Combine – Dec 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Banerjee for a couple of years now and I cannot put into words how awesome she is. She is genuinely concerned for me and about my health. She takes time to thoroughly explain things to me and never makes me feel rushed. I always have questions and she always answers every question I have. I would give her 20 stars if I could.
Kerri in CRANDALL – Dec 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
I would not recommend Banerjee to anyone who actually wants personal attention to their situation. Her staff is extremely rude, on the phone and in person. Dr Banerjee doesn't care about your personal situations, instead treats you like you are the exact same as everyone in the world.
Carrollton, TX – Oct 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
I would not recommend Dr. Banerjee to anyone. She has the worst bedside manner. She believes patients are the same and doesn't really listen to what side effects you are having - even after several visits! I contacted her to discuss my mother's side effects of a drug and she told me "if you are so worried about your mom, maybe you should have come with her!" I found my mother another doctor.
Kris in Rockwall, TX – Sep 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
If I could rate her a zero I would. She might be an intelligent woman, however she has the absolute WORST bedside manner I've ever heard (and I've been in healthcare for 10 years). She is not compassionate. She is rude. She insulted myself and my adult son (the patient). I attempted to speak with her over the phone and she wouldn't listen to a word I had to say. This doctor was hateful & threatening. She shouldn't be in healthcare if she is not in the business of helping people. BEWARE
Dallas, TX – Aug 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
Do not see her .... made appoints that were far apart due to getting test/labs for open heart surgery. When I was able to I made appt and when I went she scode me on my appts not being constant regardless of me being out for open heart surgery. She hinted to her dropping me as her patient ... open heart surgery 2 Months ago complications led to late rehab start! I was stilled for this day as well!
R Johnson in Wylie, TX – Jul 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
Yesterday, I told her it was 4:00 p.m. and she did not care that I had been waiting an hour. She was with another patient and I knew I would have to wait at least another thirty minutes. My 3:00 p.m. appointment would really be 4:30 p.m. I have always had to wait a long time to seen so I gave up and left. BE PREPARED TO WAIT ONE TO TWO HOURS!
Washington, DC – Jul 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
Dr. Banerjee has taken great care of my rheumatology issues. Additionally, she cared for my elderly mom in a caring manner which meant much to me. Would definitely recommend her services.
Rowlett, TX – Feb 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
Her staff is ill equipped at handling the volume of calls that they receive and when placed on hold, the wait time is extreme. Dr. Banerjee's medical asst is rude and will frequently cut you off while or try to talk over you when you are having a conversation with her. When I mentioned this to the doctor she did not offer an apology and actually tried to over talk me as well. Maybe this is culture of the office and employees feel that if the doctor can do it, then it's fine for them as well.
CrohnsPat in cedar hill, tx – Oct 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?
Dr Banerjee is a fine physician; however, I had repeated problems w/her staff not calling back after leaving voicemail (it's rare if they actually answer the phone themselves--my experience & it may not be yours) explaining that I need a Rx refill. Their voicemail asks that you not leave multiple messages because it will delay the process, so I never did...problem was I never got a call back or my Rx's called in. As a RA Doc, U will be hard pressed to find a better one..her staff is lacking.
Scott R. in Dallas, TX – Apr 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pooja Banerjee, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Banerjee?

North Texas Rheumatology P.A is dedicated to providing top-of-the line patient care. We will make every effort to insure that your visit to our office is as comfortable and satisfying as possible.

• Rheumatology