Dr. Pochien Hsu, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

Eastern Ob/Gyn PC 22 Bridge St Ste 22 Metuchen, NJ 08840 Get Directions
Dr. Pochien Hsu, MD

Dr. Pochien Hsu, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Metuchen, NJ. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Hsu is affiliated with RWJ University Hospital New Brunswick and Saint Peter's University Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Hsu's Experience

See how Dr. Hsu's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hsu

Dr. Hsu accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Hsu is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hsu has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hsu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hsu to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Hsu's Performance
Long Branch, NJ |
Bad Management due to low EQ of the business owner is all Pro: Doctor is polite, the nurse is excellent. Con: the RECEPTIONIST is a miserable lady who make things as easy as making appointment to getting paperwork to the most DIFFCULT task on Earth. Dr. Hsu seems nice, but he doesn't communicate but when he made a medical / operational mistake (made 3 stitches in a Missed Abortion operation, where it's very rare to happen) , he tried to cover it up by saying its normal when it is NOT.
in East Rutherford, NJ |
We have our first baby with Dr. Hsu. He is professional, knowledgeable and responsible. Fast response to all your questions and the entire team - the doctor, staffs and nurse are very courteous. Our first baby took a long time to deliver and he was with us till the end. Now, I have the second baby, and I choose him as our OBGYN again. I am glad that I meet him and appreciate him to take good care to my wife, and both babies. I would definitely recommend him to others !
in Princeton NJ |
Dr. Hsu delivered our baby last month. He came into the delivery room threatening to walk out on us when we were 20 hours into labor because he didn't agree with us not being induced because it was scheduled, yet we were in active labor (why induce a woman who is in active labor?). He also pushed us to give our baby formula, even telling us a story about how a baby died from not getting enough from breastfeeding. He told us this without seeing how healthy our baby was from breastfeeding!
in South Plainfield, NJ |
AMAZING!!!!! From the moment I met Dr. Hsu he was friendly and patient, he remained that way until the day I gave birth. He ALWAYS gets back to you promptly and if I ever have another baby, I will definitely have him deliver.
in Linden,NJ |
My experience with the Doctor is amazing and I am fully pleased being under his care. However his receptionist Joanie is a nightmare. For a prescription I waited 4 days for her to even mention there was a change. I am appalled at how I was treated by her. Rude, and full of attitude!
in Piscataway, NJ |
He is an amazing Doctor, very friendly , courteous , keeps us informed , full of knowledge , personally calls and tells the test results , has a very friendly staff , there is no waiting time for him as he books appointment accordingly .. Would recommend to everyone ..
in Jersey City, NJ |
Our baby is in breech position and Dr Hsu helped us along the way. He is very professional and kind. Highly recommend.
Have you seen Dr. Pochien Hsu, MD?
Are you Dr. Hsu?

Compare Dr. Hsu

Dr. Hsu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Hsu has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hsu's Board Certifications

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Mastodynia
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages

Completed in 1994

University at Buffalo - State University of New York

Completed in 1997

• Chinese

Dr. Hsu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hsu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology