Dr. Platina Coy Gershtenson, MD

Dr. Platina Coy Gershtenson, MD

Dermatology  |
Female

Dr. Platina Coy Gershtenson, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Pleasant Prairie, WI. She has been practicing for 8 years. Read her story

Forefront Dermatology - Pleasant Prairie

9020 76th St Ste E

Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Coy Gershtenson

Video

See how frequently Dr. Coy Gershtenson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Actinic Keratosis
Skin Infections
high
Excision of Skin Lesion
high

Dr. Coy Gershtenson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Coy Gershtenson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Coy Gershtenson "Dr. Gershtenson is a Board-Certified Dermatologist and a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Gershtenson’s experience includes skin cancer surgeries and dermatological treatment of pediatric, adult and geriatric cases. Dr. Gershtenson treats all dermatologic conditions, including skin cancer, psoriasis, eczema, acne and vitiligo."

This content was provided by Dr. Coy Gershtenson "Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out."

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Birthmark
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hives
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lichen Planus
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Parapsoriasis

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Weill Cornell Medical College
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Georgetown University
    Other Education | Completed 1999

Dr. Coy Gershtenson has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow
  • Wisconsin Dermatological Society, Member

Dr. Coy Gershtenson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Coy Gershtenson to family and friends
Dr. Coy Gershtenson's Performance
Pleasant Prairie, WI |
Dr. G is very pleasant, friendly. She took time with me and never acted rushed or hurried. Explained everything clearly and explained treatment.
in Kenosha WI |
Dr. Gershtenson was professional, polite, knowledgeable and compassionate. I would highly recommend her. An outstanding physician.
in Kenosha, WI |
Excellent Dr. Great at understanding concerns, vast knowledge and very personable. I highly recommend her.
in Mt Pleasant |
Dr is a kind and good person, but waiting 45 min for a 5 minute appointment is a bit much!
in kenosha, WI |
Dr Gershtenson was very attentive and gave me solutions that others did not, I feel fortunate to have learned about her thru my granddaughter who also was helped by her, I will remain her patient and follow her instructions to my benefit, Thank you Dr.
Kenosha, WI |
Extremely thorough. She really cares about her patient and it shows.
Kenosha, WI |
I have had experiences with five different dermatologists in the past, and Dr Gershtenson is by far the provider that I am most satisfied to have doing my annual checkups. As a melanoma survivor, I need a doctor that I feel is knowledgeable, thorough, as well as personable. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a high level of care. Her office staff is friendly and efficient as well!
in Kenosha |
Very thorough.......Helped a lot with some issues I have. Will keep seeing her as long as Insurance allows..
in Trevor, WI |
dr. gershtenson was very friendly, professional and very helpful.... I'm very pleased I found her .... I feel I'm in good hands
Kenosha, WI |
Very friendly, thorough & caring.
in Trevor, WI |
Dr. Gershtenson is an exceptional dermologist with excellent support staff. The examinations are thorough and efficient but she takes the time to explain what's going on and answer questions.
in Kenosha, WI |
Dr. Gershtenson M.D. is the best and only Dermatologist is have seen. She is caring, considerate and explains everything in detail. As stated, "the best." Phil Knebel
in Kenosha, WI |
I will definitely recommend Dr Gershtenson to family and friends. She is very kind and professional, Her staff are all wonderful as well. I was informed of everything that would happen during the exam, and after care instructions were very clear. I received a follow up phone call with results, and the nurse who called explained everything and was so nice. If I could give more stars than 5 I would!
Hi Thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
in Kenosha,, WI |
I recently saw Dr. Gershtenson for an urgent appointment.. I had seen her at her previous place of practice and was very comfortable with seeing her again. She is an excellent practitioner,, very knowledgeable and she takes the time to explain your diagnosis. I highly recommend her.
Kenosha, WI |
Dr. Gerstensen is thorough in examination and treatment. Takes time to answer your questions. Compassionate.
Kenosha, WI |
Dr. Gershtenson is always careful, respectful, and thorough.
in Kenosha, WI |
very pleased with my visit A professional who also seems to care about patients
Kenosha, WI |
Dr. Coy Gershtenson is very kind and friendly. She makes you feel comfortable, is very caring and takes the time to listen to your questions and give you answers. I would highly recommend her!
in Kenosha. WI |
Dr Gershtenson was recommended to me by two others - and I am grateful! She is very clear and makes sure you understand everything. She's through and kind. Her staff is also friendly and easy to deal with. The wait is seldom more than 10 minutes.
in Kenosha, WI |
Dr Gershtenson is great! Friendly staff and clean facilities. Wait time is good. She always takes her time and answers any questions thoroughly.
in Kenosha, WI |
I'm very satisfied with the treatment received from Dr. Gershtenson. The psoriasis has calmed down and is manageable.. Receiving a written plan of treatment for the next 3 months is very helpful to me. I highly recommend Dr. Gershtenson.
in Pleasant Prairie, WI |
Dr. Gershtenson is great! She identified skin cancer I had near my eye and developed a plan to remove it and repair the area. I am very pleased with the result. Highly recommended.
in Kenosha, WI |
I would recommend Dr. Gershtenson to anyone needing skin care.
Kenosha, WI |
Very caring finally resolved an issue I had for years. I was treated for the wrong disease
Kenosha, WI |
Very helpful in my situation and worked very well with her. The staff is great.
Kenosha, WI |
very happy with her solves and treats my issues
in Kenosha, WI |
Dr Gershtenson is so calm and caring. Not to mention thorough!! I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone that wants the best care and peace of mind in a dermatologist!
in Kenosha, WI |
Dr. Gershtenson was very thorough during my visit. I was very pleased with the extra time she took with me. I will definitely be recommending Dr. Gershtenson to my family and friends.
in Antioch, IL |
My dermatologist of 20 years retired, & a family friend recommended Dr. Gershtenson . She was an on time, courteous professional & a pleasure to deal with. Her review of my principle medical issues gave me both practical & thoughtful advice which reassured me of mt 1st impressions. In a word, she was exactly what I was looking for in a dermatologist & a person.
North Chicago, IL |
Answered my questions to my understanding, reminded me that I should get skin check every year. Thanks again for getting me in so quickly.
in Pleasant Prairie, WI |
Dr. Coy Gershtenson is always easy to talk to, and a pro at making her patients comfortable. More importantly, she makes a possible stressful situation less so, by her thoughtful explanations, information, and support.
in Kenosha, WI |
Dr. Gershtensen is highly knowledgeable, and she really listens to your concerns. She is caring and compassionate and professional. I would highly recommend her to anyone needing dermatology care.
in Pleasant Prairie, WI |
Dr. Gershrenson is great! She is a very skilled and thorough doctor and a pleasure to talk to. I've been a patient of hers for about four years (I'm a burn victim and need yearly checkups) and have been treated with a high level of care and understanding. I highly recommend her to anyone who needs a dermatologist.
in Burlington, WI |
I have been seeing Dr. Gershtenson for several years. She is always very thorough with my exam and takes the time to discuss any concerns that I might have. She is always friendly and professional. I would highly recommend her.
in Kenosha, WI |
Dr. Gershtenson is very professional, takes time to listen, and definitely knows what she is talking about!
in Racine, WI |
This was my first visit with Dr. Gershtenson and I was pleased. She was very thorough, pleasant, informed me about all her procedures and frequently asked me if I had any questions.
in Kenosha, WI |
The professionalism and the knowledge of skin and mole concerns was very evident from the very thorough exam provided by Dr. Gershtenson. She took time to explain the exam and her concerns for future issues related to sun exposure. I never felt like she was in a rush. All my questions and concerns were looked into and explained. I highly recommend her for any dermatology services.
Libertyville, IL |
First off, I left an online note to schedule an appointment at 8:05am and by 8:15am I received the most professional/polite and genuine call back where my appointment was made. My appointment was kept on time, I was first greeted by Dr. Gershtenson's assistant (Alissa I believe) where pleasantries and preliminary background for visit were revealed. A few short minutes later Dr. Gershtenson examined my area of interest then furthered her diagnostics uncovering additional areas to be explored.
in Kenosha, WI |
Dr. Gershtenson is a very professional, personable and informative Dermatologist. I highly recommend her to anyone requiring her services.
in Kenosha, WI |
Very courteous and thorough for exam and follow up.
in Salem, Wis. |
She is a caring, compassionate physician who takes time to explain what is going on so that you can understand what she's saying.
in Kenosha, WI |
Dr. G is thorough, considerate, and professional. She takes all the time necessary, answering all questions. I appreciate that.
Racine, WI |
I really like Dr. Gershtenson! She's very personable, thorough, and proactive in her treatment.
My visit felt rushed and she approached me very short and abrupt.
Have you seen Dr. Platina Coy Gershtenson, MD?

Visit Dr. Coy Gershtenson

Dr. Coy Gershtenson accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.