Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Pietro Memmo, MD
Dr. Pietro Memmo, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Hartford, CT. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Memmo is affiliated with Hartford Hospital and Saint Francis Care.

85 Seymour St Ste 607

Hartford, CT 06106

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Memmo

Dr. Memmo's Experience

Dr. Memmo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Columbia Presbyterian Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Nj Med Sch/UMDNJ
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Beth Israel Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Memmo has no media or publications listed.

• Polish

Dr. Memmo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Memmo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Memmo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Memmo to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Memmo's Performance
in West Hartford, CT |
Dr. Memmo, despite collecting thousands in fees for my father's two procedures, went unseen until the last visit where he made my 80 year old dad (in pain, fragile, having trouble walking) come in for a last visit and declared, with cashmere socks on, I believe, that there was nothing he could do for him. Not even a handicapped parking pass for the kind of person whom the laws were passed
in Wethersfield, CT |
Huge bills minimal relief cold receptionist not a overall good experience
in Glastonbury, CT |
Went for a known back/neck issue. Explained to doctor that PT has done nothing in the past nor do I have the time with my work schedule. Dr. Insisted on trying PT again. 3x per week. Hello, I specifically said I work until at least 7-8 PM, 3-4 nights per week and that I wasn't able to fit that into my schedule. I wasted a morning on a doctor who didn't want to listen to anything I had to say about my health or my needs.
Tolland, CT |
I picked this provider because he really helped my husband when he had a back problem. I am a very healthy female and only went to Dr. Memmo since I was hoping he could give me an injection to get me back to my normal active lifestyle. Besides having my yearly physicals, I have only seen 1 provider for a total of two visits in the last 5 years. This injury was not a work comp, auto injury or liability, I am not a drug seeker. The provider did not seem to care about my condition.
in Suffield, CT |
Dr. Memmo was recommended by Dr. Wayne Burton. He was a very kind, and pleasant gentleman. If I needed to go back to him for any reason, I would not hesitate. I am pleased that he is member of the "team" of Orthopedic Associates of Hartford. I have only HAD positive experiences with this group!
in Colchester, CT |
it feels so good to be pain free. I did not know how much energy it took to have so much pain. I now have tons of energy and look forward to doing things. It was so hard to be walking with this much pain. He was kind and he listened to what I had to say. He showed me with the xrays and MRI the areas that were causing my pain. He also had a spine to show how he would treat me and the areas involved. Very helpful. I wish I had not waited so long to go and see him.
in Manchester, CT |
Dr. Memmo takes time to listen carefully & asks questions to clarify his understanding. If a test is given, he reviews results in a way the patient can understand. Started Physical therapy elsewhere out of convenience to workplace but after a few weeks of repetition & little results, I followed Dr. Memmo's original suggestion to use Htfd Ortho Rehab center in Glastonbury-NO comparison. Every day were diff activities, I was pushed to do best & I FELT the results & still do-HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Hartford, CT |
Dr. Memmo is phenomenal and I'd highly recommend him. Here are the cons: the receptionist in the front says your demo/persona info aloud for patients in the waiting area to hear. There is zero privacy. She simply could have had us fill out a form. Second, in order to get an x-ray, you must travel across public halls in a hospital robe and sit in a waiting room where other people are casually dressed. Not a comfortable experience. Lastly, I was on time, but waited for an hour before being seen
Horrible experience. Saw the doctor for maybe 5 minutes. I found out from the secretary that I would be returning to light duty. When I asked to discuss it with the doctor, he would not speak with me. Did not listen when I explained to him how much pain I was in. Not the way to do busines.
in Cromwell, CT |
I am a long time registered nurse and seek out the best doctors to provide my care. I find Dr. Memo to be in that category. He is kind, patient, knowledgeable,carries out the procedures well. If something does not work he looks for other avenues of treatment. I consider him to be very professional and polite. I would recommend him and already have to anyone! Donna Hanson R.N. April 12,2016
in Coventry, CT |
I have visited Dr Memmo on 3 different occasions over a period of approximately 7 years...once with my elderly mother and twice for myself. On each visit Dr Memmo was most helpful. He took the time to explain the conditions that we had and provided physical therapy to overcome our discomfort without resorting to surgery. He was clear, direct and very kind and respectful.
in Windsor,Ct. |
Dr. Memo is very competent when performing procedures and is also pleasent to his patients. He is also busy , maybe to busy. Visits to his office are like a cattle call - many many people waiting. He spent maybe 5 min with me - looked at my records and recommended a procedure. Not what I expected from a doctor- very procedure oriented - no exam- no education for the patient. --- NEXT!!
Glastonbury, CT |
straight shooter when explaining procedures, risks, etc looks you in the eye when talking
in CTR Strafford, NH |
Good listener. Sensitive to the issue impact on life style. Responsive
in Farmington, CT |
Dr Memmo is outstanding. He listens and explains everything to you so you understand. He has excellent bedside manner. I had severe lower back pain and Dr Memmo recommended getting a injection instead of jumping right into surgery. I feel so much better. I highly recommend Dr Memmo.
in WATERFORD,CT |
DR MEMMO WAS RECOMMENDED TO ME BY AN OUTSTANDING ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON AND I AM GLAD I TOOK HIS ADVISE. WAYNE LAWRENCE, WATERFORD,CT
Have you seen Dr. Pietro Memmo, MD?
Are you Dr. Memmo?