Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Pierre d'Hemecourt, MD
Pierre A. d'Hemecourt, MD is a sports medicine physician and the director of primary care sports medicine in the Sports Medicine Division at Boston Children's Hospital. Dr. d'Hemecourt's clinical interests include ultrasound-guided injections, platelet-rich plasma injections, spinal injuries, concussion management, and distance running injuries. He sees patients in Boston and Waltham. Dr. d'Hemecourt is the director of the primary care sports medicine fellowship program having worked very hard over the past 20 years bringing it up to ACGME standards. Having instructed countless fellows over the past two decades, he has also served as team physician to multiple schools in the Boston area and is involved in many different sporting events throughout Massachusetts. Since 2007, Dr. d'Hemecourt has served as a co-medical chair of the Boston Marathon, which has led to his interest in helping to establish the International Institute of Race Medicine. Dr. d'Hemecourt is the founder and director of the Muskuloskeletal Ultrasound Sports Clinic, founder of the Sports Concussion Clinic, founder of the Running Program, and is well published in the area of spinal injuries sustained by athletes.

Child and Young Adult Hip Preservation Program

300 Longwood Ave Fl 2

Boston, MA 02115

Dr. Pierre d'Hemecourt, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. d'Hemecourt

Dr. d'Hemecourt's Experience

Dr. d'Hemecourt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Sports Injuries
  • Sports-Related Concussion

• Injection Therapy
  • Ultrasound Guided Procedures

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Saint Joseph's College
  • Norfolk Genl Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Boston Children's Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. d'Hemecourt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. d'Hemecourt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. d'Hemecourt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. d'Hemecourt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. d'Hemecourt to family and friends
3.7
Dr. d'Hemecourt's Performance
Dr. D'Hemecourt is one of the most respectful people I have met in the field of sports medicine. Every time I went in for an appointment, he heard me out and listened carefully. I felt completely at ease talking to him, and I honestly enjoyed going to my appointments knowing I wholeheartedly trusted my doctor. He is not only a great doctor with an exceptional knowledge base, but he is also a very genuine and kind person. I sincerely recommend him to family and friends.
Somerville, MA |
Always significantly late, twice we waited 4 hours. His assistant is a nightmare with his schedule, and changed our appt date without notifying us. He stands around the office flirting with the nurse and fellows and leaves patients waiting. More interested in promoting his PRP injections (which are not covered by insurance) than In providing care to his patients. Horrible bedside manner, cocky and rude!
Springfield, MA |
Kind, excellent care, best physician.
in Boston, MA |
I was referred to Dr.d'Hemmencourt by Dr.Micheli for a ruptured Achilles (70% tear). He suggested PRP therapy and be patient and follow his pt regime. I had nothing to lose but wasn't too hopeful and was I serious pain. Eight months later had great range of motion and strength- 2 years and it feels like new and the ultrasound shows about a 98% heal rate. I'm still a little stunned and now want my knees done when I can afford it.
I has been in constant pain for the past 2 years. I had never experienced any sort of trama or accident, however the pain in my upper back was excruciating. I had seen doctor after doctor and was finally sent to Dr. d'Hemecourt. He met with me, found the exact spot of my pain and gave me a cortisone injection into one of my facet joints. Instantly my suffering was over, it is the next day now and I am extremely sore but he said its common. Only reason for 4 stars is that we waited over 2 hours.
Have you seen Dr. Pierre d'Hemecourt, MD?
Are you Dr. d'Hemecourt?

Visit Dr. d'Hemecourt

Dr. d'Hemecourt accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. d'Hemecourt has admitting privileges

Boston Children's Hospital