Dr. Phyllis Smith, MD

Practices Dermatology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 29 reviews.
Author:
Office staff is unprofessional. Waited over 1.5hr for my appointment and finally walked out. Who has time for that?!
Author:
Dr Smiths and her staff are the most welcoming people and give you a complete sense of understanding and compassion towards your needs.
Author:
I see Dr, Smith for fillers in my face. She is an excellent doctor who takes her time and listens to all of your concerns. She is also very knowledgeable about the placement of the injections and she is a perfectionist. Her staff is extremely accommodating as well. I am so happy with the way i look ! I highly recommend Dr. Smith
Author:
Jill in Huntington Dermatology was wonderful. She was very thorough, professional and took her time (an hour at least) for a FULL body checkup which I believe everyone needs once a year. I would HIGHLY recommend Jill!
Author:
My experience in the exam room with her was very good. She is very kind and explained everything. She did not rush me out and took her time. I find her to be an excellent dermatologist.
Author:
Dr. Smith is amazing. She picks up on things that you would never know were a problem. Having breast cancer in he past I was very concerned that the mole she was removing was cancerous. She reassured me that it was only a nevus at this time and after removing it, I would be fine.
Author:
Dr. Smith was a great listener to all my needs and questions. All the staff is pleasant and very nice. I am going to bring my whole family to her.
Author:
I've been Dr. Smith patients for almost 10 years and she is the only one i trust with my face. She is amazing, great staff.
Author:
Dr. Smith is an excellent physician. She’s knowledgeable and warm. She takes time to listen. I am hesitant to recommend her only because her admin staff is really a drag to deal with. They are devoid of charm, fail to take responsibility for their mistakes and don’t apologize. Additionally, the waiting time to see the doctor is typically 60 minutes after your appointment time, frequently more.
Thank you for your kind words. My patients are very important to me and I really care very much about them. It would be helpful if you contacted me and let me know exactly what happened during your visit so that I can prevent future issues for my patients.
Author:
Dr. Smith is an excellent doctor and artist! She filled in spots that were sinking and shrinking and the results are subtle but impactful. I have been to other doctors that have put too much in and I looked so fake. Dr. Smith has a conservative approach that keeps you looking natural and refreshed.
Author:
I have been coming to Dr. Smith for years. She is very knowledgeable and current in the science of dermatology. Excellent and patient staff as well.
Author:
I was highly appreciative of the time Dr. Smith and her staff and associates spent walking me through the diagnosis and steps of the procedure I was having. Very attentive and reassuring all around.
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr. Smith for several years. She has helped diagnose and effective treat my rosacea, dry skin, spider veins and occasional acne. I also have my annual check up for skin cancer here at her practice. Dr. Smith is an incredibly competent, trust-worthy and quality doctor. I drive to her office from my home 35 minutes away because I am so happy with the care and attention she provides. I highly recommend!!
Author:
I was recommended to Dr. Smith from another Dr. in Huntington, and I have been very happy with her work AND her demeanor. She has a wonderful, kind, patient bedside manner, is never rushed, and is always willing to answer questions and explain things. I am fussy with doctors.....I don't like arrogant or distant bedside manners. She treated my medical problems professionally as well.....always explaining. I have never waited more than 10-15 minutes for her!
Author:
The NPs in the office are wonderful. The reason only 3 stars is because the office staff lacks social graces. The man behind the desk is ALWAYS on his cell phone. Every appointment I’ve had over the last 2 hours, he has been on his cell every single time. He doesn’t even look up from his phone to speak to you. He is beyond rude.
Author:
I came 10 min early and waiting here for over an hour!!!! I too have my own private practice and would NEVER have my patients wait this long. UNACCEPTABLE
Author:
Dr. Smith is the best dermatologist I've ever found, and I've been to many over the years. She spotted a basal cell carcinoma on my back when it was so small that it was successfully removed with a simple Mohs surgery. She never rushes a visit, addresses questions and concerns with intelligent informed responses. Dr. Smith takes photos of areas of concern and keeps a close watch to see any changes taking place.
Author:
I am thrilled with the results and care I received from of Dr Smith. I was troubled by those ever-deepening lines that ran from either side of my nose to my chin. This added years to my appearance and made me look angry. Dr Smith explained that the cause was bone loss from my cheek bones and suggested fillers. I love the way I look. My cheekbones are beautiful, the folds are diminished, even the puffiness under my eyes has lessened. I look great and totally natural. I highly recommend Dr Smith
Author:
Dr Smith is knowledgeable and personable, I trust her opinion and have not been disappointed yet!