Dr. Phu Truong, MD

Dr. Phu Truong, MD

Hematology  |

Dr. Phu Truong, MD is a hematology doctor who practices in Wichita, KS. He is 43 years old. Dr. Truong is affiliated with Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and ER, Wesley Medical Center, Kansas Medical Center and Via Christi Hospital St. Francis.

Cancer Center of Kansas

3243 E Murdock St Ste 300

Wichita, KS 67208

Learn about Dr. Truong

My mission is to provide compassionate and quality care for patients with cancer and blood disorders

Dr. Truong's Experience

Dr. Truong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Hematology

• All Lymphoma
  • Anal Disorders
  • Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Breast Cancer
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Cancer Treatment Complications
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colon Cancer
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Cryoglobulinemia
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • ENT Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Lymphoma
  • Lymphoma, Large Cell, Anaplastic
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Lymphosarcoma
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Mantle Cell Lymphoma
  • Pancytopenia
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Purpura
  • Qualitative Platelet Defects (incl. Glanzmann's Thrombasthenia)
  • Reticulosarcoma
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Thalassemia
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis

• Breast Cancer Treatment
  • Cancer Pain Management
  • Cancer Treatment
  • Chemotherapy
  • HPC Transplantation (Stem Cell Transplant)
  • Hematologic Disorder Treatment
  • Plasmapheresis
  • Thoracentesis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• University of Kansas
  • Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005
  • University Of Texas Southwestern Medical
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Truong has no media or publications listed.

• Vietnamese

Dr. Truong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Truong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Truong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Truong to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Truong's Performance
Valley Center, KS |
I've been a patient of Dr. Truong's for over 10 years. Of course cancer stinks, but Dr. Truong has been a blessing. I've received excellent care and diagnosis. He has answered all my questions, and is not afraid to ask for other opinions. Point: he wants me to live!
in Wichita, KS |
Through Dr, Truong's knowledge, experience and wisdom he brought me through lymphoma with chemotherapy six years ago. During my office visits he answered all my questions and explained every detail to my family. He is a very compassionate doctor and I felt he cared about me and my health. He explained procedures and told me what to expect and said my cancer was one that was curable. The nurses during my treatments were very caring and explained what they were doing to me and what to expect.
in Wichita, KS |
I HAVE BEEN TREATED AT THE CANCER CENTER OF KANSAS CONTINUALLY SINCE 1996 AND COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH MY TREATMENT AND RESULTS. I INITIALLY STARTED WITH DR. DENNIS MOORE AND AFTER HE RETIRED IN 2012 HAVE HAD DR PHU TRUONG SINCE THAT TIME. I HAVE WEEKLY INJECTIONS AND AM DOING VERY WELL WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS. MY WIFE ALSO HAS DR TRUONG FOR HER ONCOLOGIST. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR TRUONG AS HE HAS A GREAT KNOWLEDGE OF HIS FIELD AND IS A GREAT COMMUNICATOR AND VERY PERSONABLE.
in Rose Hill, KS |
Dr. Phu Truong has been my doctor for 8 years. He saved my life! He is an excellent Oncologist and he didn't waste any time starting my treatment. I finished my treatment and then had a relapse. He was right by my side when I had a stem cell transplant . He was always optimistic and that gave me the courage not to give up. I have been cancer free for 6 years. He is an excellent dr and I owe him my life! He is the best doctor I have ever had! Thank you Dr Truong!
in Wichita, KS |
I was referred to Dr. Phu Truong by my surgeon after being diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer 3 years ago. He immediately reassured my wife and me with an encouraging prognosis. His game plan was to treat my cancer as aggressively as I could tolerate. The chemo treatments only had to be adjusted one time to accommodate my comfort level. I am now more than 2 years past the treatment stage and remain cancer free! He is professional, talented and compassionate. Dr. Truong is First Class!
in Wichita, KS |
Dr. Phu Truong has been treating my wife Debbie for 9 years. When we first met Dr. Truong she had just been diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer that had spread to all parts of the liver and starting to spread to the lung. He has always taken time to answer and explain all questions or his thoughts on treatment for her. I have a very high respect for Dr. Truong and have told numerous people about him. I highly recommend Dr. Truong and his staff
in Fort Scott |
Dr. Truong has awed me from the beginning. I see him in Fort Scott CCK. He is compassionate, caring, his attention to detail and knowledge is unsurpassed. He immediately recognized a heart condition which would need to be addressed prior to Herceptin, and would have gone untreated had I not seen him. He referred me to the best cardiologist and my heart is growing stronger. Dr. Truong has saved my life already and if you want THE BEST Dr. Phu Truong is the man to see. He is awesome!
in Independence, KS |
Dr. Truong has been my oncologist for 5 1/2 years. We consider him family now. He has wonderful bedside manner and truly cares about all his patients. He is educated on all the latest procedures and works diligently to keep his patients. He comes to Independence, Ks so the patients don't have to travel. I have never heard a bad word said about him. His nursing staff are all amazing and caring I would highly recommend him to anyone facing a battle with cancer. my husband and family love him!
in Wichita, KS |
Dr Truong is my mothers oncologist and I could not recommend him more. He is so patient, informative, caring and educated. I trust him implicitly. He guided my mother through NHL stage 4, twice. With his care and expertise, she is in remission. There is no other oncologist I would send a friend or loved one to. He is also very involved in the community and gives back generously. We are so thankful for him.
in Wichita Kansas |
Dr. Phu Truong has been my oncologist since I was first diagnosed with lymphoma in November 2006. Under his care since then I have beat cancer twice! His advice for a stem cell transplant in 2012 was taken and now 4 years out I am doing great! I was told by my primary in 2006 if I lived 5 years it would be a miracle. I have recommended Dr.Phu Truong to numerous individuals. I trust him with my life.
in Kiowa, ks |
The entire staff is fantastic. He is always very upbeat and positive. I was 32 diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer. I was scared beyond belief but he and his staff eased my fears, guided me through treatments, and now I've been in remission for 4 years. I thank God every day for Dr. Troung and his team. They truly did save my life. Unfortunately I've referred several people to him. I say unfortunately as no oNE wants cancer, if you do get it, Dr. Troung is the best.
Kansas |
I have been seeing Dr. Truong since September 2014 for melanoma that metastasized to my liver. He has worked tirelessly in helping me battle this disease with the latest techniques and procedures. I have every confidence in he and his staff.
Have you seen Dr. Phu Truong, MD?
Are you Dr. Truong?