Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Phong Vu, MD
Dr. Phong Vu, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Garden Grove, CA. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 37 years.

13153 Brookhurst St

Garden Grove, CA 92843

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • TriWest Champus

Learn about Dr. Vu

See how frequently Dr. Vu performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Osteoarthritis of Spine
Low Back Pain

Dr. Vu's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Pain Medicine

• Anesthesiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Paris
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Mount Sinai Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Vu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vu to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Vu's Performance
in Costa Mesa, CA |
Dr. VU is one of those unique healthcare professionals that embodies compassionate care, a deep understanding of pain management, and the needs of his patients as it relates to their complete health. As veteran, I have benefited from his exceptional skill and knowledge that has greatly increased my quality of life. Without hesitation, I would whole heartedly recommend his services to those experiencing chronic pain.
in Fullerton, CA |
Very knowledgeable doctor, helped me where others could not. Staff is very professional and respond quickly to calls and questions the way a private office should be. He actually talks to you instead of typing on a computer like other docs I've been to. I Was referred by a doctor friend who's wife sees him and who had good experience there. Would recommend if you have a serious pain conditions
in Laguna Beach, CA |
Dr VU is the most caring and helpful doctor I have ever gone to. I have had a severe scoliosis since I was a child, and have gone to many doctors for many years. He listens to what you say and does what he says he will do, never do I feel rushed talking to him, he gives you all the time you need. I have so much trust in him as a doctor, he surrounds himself in his offices with the same caring people as himself. He has helped me so much in the last few years, given me back much mobility.
in Laguna Beach |
I have been under the care of many, many doctors over the past decade due to heart and spinal disease issues. Unfortunately most of my experience with primary care and specialist have left a lot to be desired. This is not the case with Dr VU. He spends ample time with me to discuss my medical issues and he takes a genuine, personal interest in my care. He is one of the good ones and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a specialist in pain management
in Fullerton, CA |
Dr VU has been my doctor for 3 years now, Usually people only write reviews if they are unhappy, I feel compelled to write a review about him. Dr VU and staff are wonderful. He spends time talking to you and understand your needs. He is not pushy but firm and explains why he recommends the course of treatment that he does. I have been follow his instructions and treatment plan and am in a better place now with my pain control. I would not hesitate to recommend him for those suffering
in Garden Grove, CA |
I found Dr VU by looking online for a doctor that had great reviews because I have horrible back pain, and I am so glad I did. He is caring, understanding, compassionate and he listens. I first went to another pain dr in newport beach, and he said he does NOT prescribe medicine. He offered to check my insurance about an injection. I was crying by the time I left his office. Dr. VU gave me an injection on my first visit. The other drs office called me 3 weeks later. Thank you Dr VU!!
in Garden Grove, CA |
I was referred to Dr VU for my chronic back pain. He took the time to talk to me about all my symptoms and the treatments I had already received. He decided I should try steroid shots to ease the pain. I had three shots with him and the attention I received from both him and his staff was phenomenal. I was blown away by the one on one attention I received for each of these shots. He then followed up with me and again took the time to sit and discuss everything. I highly recommend him!
in Seal Beach, CA |
I have been under Dr VU's treatment on and off for almost three years. Originally it was for severe problems with two discs in my neck. His advice and procedures gave me great relief from the chronic pain that I was experiencing while I decided whether or not to have surgery. I ultimately decided on surgery which helped for a while but I may be in need of it again and in the meantime, Dr. VU is again helping me manage my pain in a very reliable manner.
in Huntington Beach,CA |
Unfortunately, due to a severe motorcycle accident, I have been in Pain Mgmnt for quite some time. With my job not only do I travel the globe, but I have lived all over the globe as well. Therefore, I have had many experiences with Pain Mgmnt specialists and their teams. Out of every single pain specialists I have ever seen, Dr. VU and his entire team are absolutely the best. Truly they should serve as the model for what Pain Mgmnt services should be.
in Costa Mesa,ca |
I'm 32 year old male involved in a car accident; as a result, hurt my lower back and pain reach to my left leg. I have decided to do Lumbar Endoscopic Discectomy done to my lower back. I was worried about doing surgery, but Dr. VU reassured me about the surgical procedure and how is minimally invasive which got my attention and decided to go for it. My lawyer worked hard to find me the best Doctor and I got one. I'm pleased with the results and future patients will agree with me too.
Bellflower, CA |
This guy is a horrible, heartless Dr. I hope you don't have to come to him.
Have you seen Dr. Phong Vu, MD?
Are you Dr. Vu?

Visit Dr. Vu

Dr. Vu accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
    Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
    Select Plus HMO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA