Dr. Phillip Pearl, MD

Dr. Phillip Pearl, MD

Clinical Neurophysiology  ·
Dr. Phillip Pearl, MD is a clinical neurophysiologist in Boston, MA and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from University Of Maryland School Of Medicine in 1984 and specializes in clinical neurophysiology and neurodevelopmental disabilities.Read his story

300 Longwood Ave

Boston, MA 02115

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Pearl

See how frequently Dr. Pearl performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

EEG (Electroencephalogram)
Brain Disorders
Epilepsy

Dr. Pearl's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Pearl's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Pearl "My clinical expertise is in metabolic causes of childhood epilepsies, a group of rare diseases in great need of understanding and therapies. My work in metabolic epilepsies began with a combined interest in childhood epilepsy and neurochemistry and a series of patients with undiagnosed disorders in whom we began to establish diagnoses, some of which were treatable. My initial foray in this group of disorders was in the neurotransmitter diseases. As I attended meetings of the metabolic societies, giving presentations on these diseases, I noticed there was very little discussion of the actual clinical presentations of the patients or the challenges a clinician faces when seeing a child with unexplained seizures. At the same time, during meetings of the epilepsy societies, discussions about seizures and their treatments virtually ignored these enigmatic diseases known to a small group of metabolism experts but with potentially profound impact on children being followed for epilepsy. This struck me as a significant void affecting our patients, and I ultimately pursued further studies and work in this combined area of metabolic epilepsy. I was formerly the chief of the neurology division at Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C. and professor of pediatrics, neurology and music at George Washington University. I completed medical school at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, residencies in pediatrics and pediatric neurology at Baylor College of Medicine and a fellowship in clinical neurophysiology at Boston Children's Hospital. In 2014, I became the director of epilepsy and clinical neurophysiology at Boston Children's Hospital and the William G. Lennox Chair and Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School. While it was difficult to leave the people and place where my career became established, I had completed my training at Boston Children's Hospital and coming back to lead the division where I trained was an honor and in some ways a homecoming. Since coming to Boston Children's, I have helped to build up the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, to reorganize the division into clinical and academic programs and to launch new programs such as ICU-EEG monitoring and international epilepsy. I have also devoted much of my career to neurologic education, including curricular development on a national and international basis, directing a program in telemedicine and serving as president of the Professors of Child Neurology from 2012 to 2014."

• Clinical Neurophysiology

• Spina Bifida
  • Syncope
  • Tic Disorders
  • Tremor

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Baylor College Of Medicine, Neurology and Child Neurology
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Baylor College Of Medicine, Pediatrics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Children's Hospital/Beth Israel Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Clinical Neurophysiology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Pearl has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pearl does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pearl and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pearl's Reviews

3.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pearl to family and friends
4 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Pearl's Performance

GOOD

Very unprofessional. Saw him in Fairfax/DC office. He refused to give me treatment for migraine and pressure headaches. He claimed I was autistic, and I wasn't. He told my parents not to take me to the emergency room or dr after I had a brain injury. He told me autistic people don't get head...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0