Dr. Phillip Parry, MD

Dr. Phillip Parry, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Phillip Parry, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Fairfield, CA and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from Tulane Univ Sch Of Med in 2008 and specializes in neurosurgery.Read his story

1860 Pennsylvania Ave Ste 230

Fairfield, CA 94533

• Western Health Advantage

Learn about Dr. Parry

See how frequently Dr. Parry performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Intervertebral Disc Disease
Brain Disorders
Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Dr. Parry's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Parry's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Parry "A career in medicine was something I considered from an early age. My father was a physician so that played a role in inspiring me to pursue a medical career. Choosing to become a neurosurgeon, however, was little more happenstance. I enjoy sailing and I used to sail a lot on a boat called the Synapse. A synapse is the connection between two neurons, which are the building blocks of the brain and central nervous system. The boat was owned by neurosurgeon and over time, shadowing him, I became interested in this field. Hurricane Katrina helped to fortify my decision. While I was in school at Tulane, Hurricane Katrina hit. The school had to be closed (for only the second time in its history) and we were relocated to the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, for about 10 and a half months. During the time I was there, doing grand rounds reinvigorated my decision to pursue neurosurgery. I served in the United States Air Force and completed an internship and residency in neurological surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, which is among the top ranked hospitals in the field. That exposed me to a lot of cutting edge research, education and training in the care of patients with traumatic brain injury. The majority of practice now involves degenerative conditions and I have a special interest in spine surgery using minimally invasive techniques. I am a fellowship trained neuroendovascular surgeon specializing in treatment of vascular pathologies of the brain and spinal cord through the femoral artery. The procedure involves navigating a micocatheter (thin tube) through the vascular system, guiding it to the affected blood vessels for treatment. This leading-edge technique allows us to take care of aneurysms and other vascular issues without requiring a larger incision. I balance this training and experience with a highly professional and highly compassionate nature and I believe these characteristics are what most patients look for when someone is going to perform a high risk procedure on their body and when life or death are involved. And nothing is more satisfying than to see my patients satisfied with the results of their surgery. When I am not at work, I love spending time with my wife and our three (soon to be four) children and I enjoy hiking outdoors, sailing and traveling."

This content was provided by Dr. Parry "Dr. Parry finds it the most rewarding when a patient is recovering from surgery and able to start returning to a healthier lifestyle. He makes it his goal to build a trusting and caring relationship with each patient."

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Parry does not have any board certifications listed.

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Epilepsy
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis

No malpractice history found for California.

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2008

Dr. Parry has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Parry has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Parry does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parry and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Parry's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Dr. Parry?

How was your experience with Dr. Parry?