Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 64

Dr. Ludkowski

Illionis Bone and Joint Institute

1300 E Central Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Arlington Heights, IL. Dr. Ludkowski has more experience with Hip/Pelvic Bones and Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Northwest Community Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ludkowski to book an appointment.

Dr. Ludkowski's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ludkowski

Dr. Ludkowski?
What People Say About Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD
Dr. Ludkowski replaced both of my knees in 2012. I have had zero issues and zero pain in either knee since. It’s been amazing to me. I do a lot of golfing, biking, and lap swimming, and still no pain anymore. I couldn’t be happier with my decision to go with him and obviously, highly recommend him.
Jack Gatto – Jun 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
Dr. Ludkowski is simply the best. He did a knee replacement revision (right knee) on December 30, 2019. The first doctor that did the total knee replacement in February 2019 really messed up. For six my months I tried to tell him my knee feels wobbly when walking. He never examined my knee to see what could be wrong. He simply told me to strengthen my quads. Dr. Ludkowski looked at my MRI and x-ray and told me that my patella was not repaired and the artificial joints were not aligned properly. He is very patient and friendly while explaining things thoroughly. He also answers questions one may have. I'm ready to have him do a total knee replacement on my left knee. However, due to the Corona Virus, I'll have to wait a few months before he can proceed. This doctor is the best!
Margaret Hribernik – Apr 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
Dr. Ludkowski did my total right knee replacement 14 months ago and he did a wonderful job. I didn't have any complications or pain and I was back to work in 5 weeks. Now I'm getting ready to have my left knee replaced as well and I'm 100% confident everything will also go perfect.
Glenda Peterson – Mar 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
Dr. Ludkowski did my first total knee replacement (right knee) in October of 2018. I was bone-on-bone and in constant pain. The surgery went perfectly and Dr. Ludkowski was very thorough in his care of me, both pre-op and post-op. I had my second knee (left knee) replaced in February of 2019 and again chose Dr. Ludkowski as my surgeon. My recovery from both surgeries went very smoothly, I had minimal pain and I cannot recommend him highly enough. Today I am completely pain-free and can once again enjoy hikes with my husband and dogs. Before the surgery I was unable to walk down our short driveway and was ready to use a wheelchair. No wheelchairs for me now! I hiked in the Rocky Mountains this past summer and will do so again this summer thanks to Dr. Ludkowski!
Gloria S Dittmann – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Philip Ludkowski for any hip or knee replacements. He replaced my hip last year and partial knee replacement this year. Both procedures went well and I was up and walking the same day. He explains the procedures and the recovery completely and was patient in answering all my and my families questions. And he's pleasant to speak with no mater how many patients or surgeries he's seen that day. I give him 5 stars.
Frank Kotnaur – Jan 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
Dr. Ludkowski was very thorough and straightforward in our pre op meetings. I elected to have both knees replaced during the same surgery, and he was detailed in relating what I could expect. The surgery went perfectly - I was walking the same afternoon of the surgery. It's been six weeks since my surgery and I am completely pain free, able to walk up and down stairs, and resume my normal daily activities ( I even went to the driving range this week). I give Dr. Ludkowski the highest rating. I recommend his with great confidence.
Dan Humay Burlington, Wisconsin – Nov 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
Dr. Ludkowski replaced both of my hips. One in 2015 and the second one in 2019. Both surgeries resulted in pain free lifestyle for me. I have recommended him to family and friends.
Phyllis Durtsche – Oct 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
Dr. Ludkowski did a total right hip replacement for me in July 2019. He was patient, kind, understanding & I never felt rushed while he was treating me. Both he & his staff kept me completely informed before & after my surgery. Best experience I've had with the many doctors I have seen over the years. Highly recommend him for hip replacement.
Oct 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
A Great Choice for Joint Replacement. He is patient and detailed in every visit, both pre and post operation. He truly listens and treated me with respect and complete attention, no feeling of being just another patient. He has a very specific approach and recovery plan to assure the best outcome possible. Being part of IBJI, he has access to integrated support systems like PT which was very useful. Very happy with the process and the outcome.
Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
I would strongly recommend Dr. Ludkowski to anyone in need of knee or hip replacement surgery. I was genetically blessed with bad arthritis in both knees and in my right hip. I found myself in need of having both knees and my right hip replaced. I was terrified at the prospect of three major surgeries, but I was in so much pain, and could hardly walk. I really had no other option. Dr. Ludkowski explained the procedures in detail and answered all of my questions in ways that allowed me to understand what I would be going through. He helped me come to terms with what I had waiting for me and really helped me feel comfortable in the decisions I had reached. He is extremely caring and professional. He is also extremely skilled in performing both knee and hip replacement surgeries. I had all three surgeries performed in a period of just seven-and-a-half months, had no pain following any of my surgeries, and I have now full motion in all of my joints. I have regained my quality of life.
Richard Lehman – Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
I've had two knee replacements over the past 2 years with DR. Ludkowski. I have returned to all my regular activities including golf and racquetball with no limitations !! Other Family members have been so impressed with my results, that as a family we have a total of 7 replacements and counting with DR Ludkowski. He will answer all your questions and give you as much time as you need to feel comfortable with the replacement process. His staff is top notch and will have you up &moving fast !
Apr 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
Dr. Ludkowski performed a right knee replacement on me in 2019. I was impressed with his professionalism and his overall personality. It was a great experience being a patient of his; I truly felt confident that I was in great hands. I would recommend Dr. Ludkowski to anyone who is suffering from knee or hip issues, he is a person who really cares as a person and as a doctor..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
Fantastic Surgeon. Knows his stuff! And has a great staff. Get in early or you’ll wait because he’s that good!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
Dr. Phillip Ludkowski is an amazing surgeon! He is knowledgeable, skilled, and very personable. Dr. Ludkowski was my surgeon for three joint replacement surgeries: Total left hip replacement, total right knee replacement, and recently in March of 2019 total right hip replacement. All surgeries were successful and I am very grateful to him for his expertise, attention to detail, and the care I received before, during, and after these surgeries. Dr. Ludkowski is an excellent surgery specialist!
Very good experience. Would highly recommend Dr. Ludkowski
Mar 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
Excellent orthopedic surgeon,very professional and personable,would rate Dr. Ludkowski and his office staff { 10 }.And yes, I would highly recommend him.
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
Hi dr ludkowski, I would like to say Thanks a lot to take care my knee full replacement. You did in November 2018 and in February 2019 I am able to walk normal. Proud of you for your expertises and best knowledge . Whoever planning to replace knee surgery this is my the best recommendation for dr Ludkowski.
Raxa in Wood dale – Feb 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
My most recent experience with Dr. Ludkowski was for a knee replacement 3 months ago. This was my third surgery with him, the previous two being bilateral hip replacement. I also had a shoulder surgery in 1973 with the same firm of doctors at IBJI in Arlington Heights. I've never had any difficulties with any of the surgeries; no infections or blood clots, and recovery has been reasonably easy for all of them. Would not hesitate to use Dr. Ludkowski's services again, recommend highly!
Susanne Heron in Arlington Heights, IL – Nov 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
It has been three months since my surgery. I needed a full knee replacement. Before, the whole right side of my body was distorted and walking was painful. Now walking is EASY! I have full range of motion in my leg. My posture has been corrected. Clean small scar on my knee is healed. I Can't thank Dr. Ludkowski enough for my new knee!
Bronislawa Z. in Palatine, IL – Oct 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Ludkowski in a heartbeat to everyone who needs orthopedic surgery. My hip left hip replacement and recovery was handled expediently and smoothly, not a single glitch or setback. The day of my surgery I got out of bed, I walked, I Even climbed stairs! All without pain. Simply amazing! I have other issues with my heart, with anesthesia, and Dr. Ludkowski was prepared and everything went perfectly without any complications.
Nancy in DesPlaines, IL – Sep 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ludkowski?

Dr. Ludkowski provides high quality, experienced and compassionate care for Orthopaedic problems concerning the musculo-skeletal system with special emphasis on Knee and Hip Disorders.

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics