Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Illionis Bone and Joint Institute 1300 E Central Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60005 Get Directions
Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD
Dr. Phillip Ludkowski was born and raised in Chicagoland. He attended college on an Athletic Scholarship for Soccer. His Orthopaedic training took place at the prestigious University of Texas Parkland Memorial Hospital followed by Fellowship training at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford, England. Dr. Ludkowski was drawn to the practice of medicine by his interest in science and his desire to help people. He learned to use tools at a young age from his father a Carpenter/Craftsman. This experience combined with an Athletic background made Orthopaedic Surgery a natural choice of specialty for him. Conservative, non-surgical treatment is emphasized and surgery recommended when other options of treatment have failed or offer only a low chance of success.

Dr. Ludkowski's Care Philosophy

Dr. Ludkowski provides high quality, experienced and compassionate care for Orthopaedic problems concerning the musculo-skeletal system with special emphasis on Knee and Hip Disorders.

Dr. Ludkowski's Experience

See how Dr. Ludkowski's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ludkowski

Dr. Ludkowski accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Ludkowski is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ludkowski has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ludkowski's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ludkowski to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Ludkowski Says:

Many of my patients have extremely complex Orthopaedic Reconstructive problems which may require extra time to evaluate appropriately, diagnose, and then formulate a Treatment Plan with shared decision making and understanding.  Rest assured that adequate time for each patient will be allocated to perform this properly.

Dr. Ludkowski's Performance
Arlington Heights, IL |
I recently had bilateral knee replacements. I had been suffering from chronic knee pain for the last year and a half. I went through 5 other doctors before Dr. Ludkowski confirmed I had no choice but to do both knees at the same time. The surgery was a success without any complications. Recovery is going ahead of schedule, (do everything they tell you in therapy and then some). I have a new lease on life. I would do it over again in a heartbeat. Thank you Doctor.
in Mount Prospect, IL |
Dr Ludkowski is an excellent orthopedic surgeon. He has great bedside manner which is what I always look for in a doctor. He will explain the situation to you as necessary. I have had two total knee replacements and two total hip replacements performed by him. Both have given me my ability back to walk again. Some nurses who have taken care of me in my home have said that he has very precise incisions when he performs his surgical routines. I have to agree with them.
in Palatine, IL |
Detailed information on my condition, options in treatment, extensive pre-op education and planning. Given information regarding rehab, home PT and outpatient PT. Exceptional post-op care, pain management, ambulation and discharged to rehab in 4 days. No complications and pain meds minimal and then none after first few days in rehab. Worked with PT for my excellent outcome. I have recommended him to numerous friends and family.
Arlington Heights, IL |
I was very happy with Dr. Ludkowski performing my total hip replacement surgery. He was patient and thorough in explaining the surgery and my role in the recovery process. I never felt rushed with him. He always asked if I had any questions.
Arlington Hts., IL |
Dr. Ludkowski has performed two knee replacements for me and both procedures were excellent. I have talked to many of his patients and they all say he is the best. One person calls him the "Rock star" of surgeons.
Park Hills, MO |
Dr. Ludkowski is an excellent surgeon. I did have a complication after my surgery with the muscle behind my new hip. I was told to see a pain management specialist which brought no relief. I tried to schedule another appointment to assess my problem but can't get an appointment and no return calls. Very disappointing.
Schaumburg, IL |
I have been Dr. Ludkowski's patient for many years. He has operated on my right knee two times. He has replaced both of my hips. I have always found him to be open to answer my questions, sympathetic to my pain, and up-to-date with solutions and treatments. I have recommended him many times, and those people, too, have been highly satisfied.
in Barrington, IL |
Dr. Ludkowski is the best in every respect. Scheduling patients for aftercare should be vastly improved to reduce patient waiting time.
in Lake Zurich, IL |
He scoped my knee twice to repair tears and also did a hip replacement for me. I highly recommend him.
Mount Prospect, IL |
Great orthopedic surgeon. Clearly listens and spends appropriate time with each patient. He's extremely busy but then again one of the best in knee replacement surgery in the NW suburbs. Be prepared to wait in his AH office as he does spend time with each patient.
in Barrington, IL |
My experience with Dr. Lukdowski was very good. I think he is gifted at what he does and I found him very willing to explain things and answer my questions. My experience with the Arlington Heights office was another story. My wait times were at least 2 hours past the scheduled appointment time and there was never an explanation. Go to his Lake Zurich office!! The outcome of the surgery and the skill of Dr. Ludkowski in achieving the best outcome are more important than the office issues.
Had excellent results from my surgery which was a double knee replacement. Dr. Ludkowski explained everything in easy to understand terms. I was very confident and comfortable with him and the results that were achieved
in Palatine, il |
All that I can say about Dr Ludkowski is, thank you. My hip pain is gone after he performed a total hip replacement. Now 3 months later I am recovered and looking forward to the golf season and doing my own yard work again. Dr Ludkowski explained the entire procedure and recovery period during my first visit with him. I experienced no pain after the operation and did not need pain pills. He is honest and enjoyable to talk to during my post operative visits. I would definitely recommend him.
Arlington Heights, IL |
Dr. Ludkowski is a kind, compassionate and absolutely amazing doctor. Last year, I had total knee replacement surgery on both knees. One in March and the other in November. Dr. Ludkowski took the time to answer all of my questions and address my concerns. So many people recommended Dr. Ludkowski to me. The one phrase I constantly heard was, "He's the best!", and I completely agree. I spent years in pain, unable to participate in activities because of my knees. Dr. Ludkowski gave me back my life.
in Hoffman Estates, IL |
Have had very positive experiences with both knees - ten years apart. Walking good as new in 6 weeks. Have recommended him to several friends and they were pleased also. Waiting is sometimes bothersome, but I guess if I could just walk in off the street that wouldn't be a good sign!
in Arlington Heights, IL |
After 30+ years of bone on bone discomfort, I had both knees replaced in 2016. Dr. Ludkowski's skill and techniques made both procedures pain and stress free. I feel much better today. I appreciated the time Dr. Ludkowski spent with me both pre and post-op to explain what was going on and to monitor my recovery. I highly recommend him.
Lake Zurich, IL |
I was very disappointed in Dr. Ludkowski. He did not listen to my history. Office wait time was very long. He appeared to be rushed, and spent very little time evaluating me. I would not recommend him.
in Buffalo Grove, IL |
Dr. Ludkowski explained the procedure thoroughly, as well as any complications that may arise. I felt the information he provided helped me make an informed decision. I had one in knee replacement in February 2016 and the second in September 2016. The surgeries have changed my life, I now walk without pain or assistance.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
This was my second appt with Dr. Ludkowski at Lake Zurich. Appt was for 8:40 AM. No other patiants waiting when we arrived. There was no one waiting at 8:50 when we were taken to an exam room. My wife asked twice when we would see the doctor, who we could hear with other patients. Each time she was told soon. By 10:15 we we left without seeing dr or anyone else. The office staff was not surprised that we were leaving or never saw the dr. No one did anything to resolve this situation So we left.
in Buffalo Grove IL |
Dr.Lukowski performed the total knee replacement surgery on my both knee at the Northwest Community Hospital. The first one was in 2014, and the second one was April 20 this year. Both surgeries were so successful! Now I don't take pain medication, I'm walking normally. I don't know how to describe how lucky I am to have Dr.Ludkowski sa my surgeon! I would recommend Dr.Ludkowski to my family and my friends if they ever need the knee surgery. Thank you
Have you seen Dr. Phillip Ludkowski, MD?
Are you Dr. Ludkowski?

Compare Dr. Ludkowski

Dr. Ludkowski says...

Dr. Phillip Ludkowski was born and raised in Chicagoland.  He attended college on an Athletic Scholarship for Soccer.  His Orthopaedic training took place at the prestigious University of Texas Parkland Memorial Hospital followed by Fellowship training at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford, England.

Dr. Ludkowski was drawn to the practice of medicine by his interest in science and his desire to help people.  He learned to use tools at a young age from his father a Carpenter/Craftsman.  This experience combined with an Athletic background made Orthopaedic Surgery a natural choice of specialty for him.

Dr. Ludkowski's Care Philosophy

Dr. Ludkowski says...

Special expertise in treating Arthritic Conditions of the Hip and Knee gained from the experience at the Prestigious Nuffield Orthopaedic centre in Oxford, England.

Vast Orthopaedic Trauma experience while training at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas during Internship and Residency.

Dr. Ludkowski says...

Vast experience in Total Hip Replacement, Total Knee Replacement, Partial Knee Replacement and Revision Total Joint Surgery.

Total Hip Replacement is performed through a mini posterior approach with no intraoperative X-ray radiation exposure to the patient  and with outcomes demonstrating exceptionally low rates (well below the national average) for Dislocation and Infection.

Total Knee Replacement and Partial Knee Replacement is most often performed through the Muscle Sparing Sub Vastus surgical Approach where no muscle is cut enhancing postoperative recovery.

Dr. Ludkowski says...

Dr. Ludkowski's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Ludkowski has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ludkowski's Board Certifications

• Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford, England

Completed in 1988

Rockford College

Graduated in 1978

Dr. Ludkowski does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ludkowski and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Rehabilitation Orthopedic Surgery