Surgery  |
Dr. Phillip Ley, MD
I grew up in a small town thirty miles from Houston, in the shadow of M D Anderson. The town's only doctor at the time had an office in the back of my father's pharmacy. "Dr Joe" was my surrogate father. He made house calls (as do I) and seemed to do everything. He knew all the physicians at M D Anderson by their first names; of course, his contacts were mostly retired by the time I was there.

Merit Health Surgical Oncology

1020 N Flowood Dr

Dr. Phillip Ley, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • First Choice Health
  • Mississippi Health Partners

Learn about Dr. Ley

We strive to provide excellent,  timely, innovative surgical management  but also are coordinators of your cancer care.

Dr. Ley's Experience

Dr. Ley's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Surgery

• Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Ultrasound, Breast
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• University Of Texas / Austin Campus
  • Scott and White Clin/Tex A&M Health Science Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • University Tex/MD Anderson Canc Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Ley has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ley does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ley and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ley's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ley to family and friends
Dr. Ley's Performance
in Magee, MS |
Dr. Ley and his staff is wonderful. He takes the time to make sure you are comfortable and knowledgeable about the procedure he is performing or the condition you are experiencing. I'm so thankful that he is my doctor.
in Richland, MS |
Dr. Ley took time to listen to me and my concerns. He explained what to expect before and after my surgery. Our first meeting was not as positive, because he was distracted. Yet, after he saw that I was upset, he slowed down and talked to me. Since then, he has been great. I would highly recommend him. I am thankful that he is taking care of me.
in Ridgeland, MS |
Dr Ley is so talented in the Breast Cancer arena! He was very easy to talk with him about every aspect of my case. I would highly recommend dr Ley to anyone who needs surgical cancer treatments. He is very passionate about his work and he is a very caring person as well . Dr Ley treated me and my family like a friend.
in Crystal Springs, MS |
He always makes sure he educates you about the issues that your having, answers your questions. Great bedside manner and makes you feel more like family member and not a patient. I highly recommend him.
in Jackson, MS |
After being referred to a surgeon for a breast lump who said it was fine without any testing and a mother who died from untreated breast cancer, my OBGYN was very concerned and said I must see Phillip Ley. I did and several lumps later, though benign, I am still taken seriously by Dr. Ley, his wonderful nurse and any of his staff of which I've come into contact. He makes sure I am monitored yearly and I feel confident that I am in good hands should any problems occur. I hope he never retires!
in Ridgeland, MS |
Dr. Ley took very good care of me during a very scary time in my life. He gave me his cell phone number to call him or text if I had questions or concerns. He performed my surgery on a day he doesn't usually do surgery so that I could attend my daughters high school graduation later that week. I will be forever grateful to Dr Ley and his staff for the caring way I was treated.
in Greenwood, Ms |
This man saved my life. Love him and his staff! If you're diagnosed with breast cancer, do not make another move until you see him. He's the best!!!
in Sturgis, MS |
He found my breast cancer and my husband Merle cell cancer
in Ridgeland, MS |
A patient of 26 years, I have tremendous confidence in Dr. Ley. He has consistently provided me with expert care, and has done so with great compassion.
in Brandon, MS |
I would highly recommend Dr. Ley to anyone. Worked with Dr. Ley in surgery for many years. Not only is he an excellent surgeon, his patient care and concern are of utmost importance to him. He will be my first choice when/if I ever need a surgeon.
in Brandon, MA |
I have worked with Dr Ley as a RN on the telemetry floor and I am a current pt of his. I have seen him cut open a chest in the room and massage the pt's heart all the way to the OR to save his life. I became a breast cancer pt last year and there was no doubt I wanted Dr Ley to be my surgeon! He does not sugar coat things, but he truly is a kind, caring physician. He is a pt advocate and expects nothing but the best care for his pts. I would highly recommend Dr Ley! Madina, his NP is awesome too
Cibolo, TX |
Dr Ley is a no nonsense doctor, who knows what's he doing, is compassionate and listens to his patients. I like him because even though what he has to tell you isn't what you want to hear, he finds the best possible way to let you know, while being as honest as he can.
in Jackson, MS |
Dr. Ley was compassionate, competent and caring. We trusted him and he delivered. He helped us through the hardest time in our lives.
in Greenville Ms |
Most awesome Dr. Ever!!! Awesome bedside manner Awesome knowledge and expertise Thank God for Him everyday! He saved my life!
in Summit, MS |
He is very kind and trule cares about his patients and their care. He has called me at night and on weekends to give me test results. I have never had a doctor do that in my life. I am 67 years old and had more surgeries than I care to remember. I do recommend him every chance I get.
in Okolona, MS |
Dr. Ley is a very educated man who has much compassion and care for each patient. He is willing to communicate wth each of us as we desire. He is a well-respected doctor in his field of expertise nationally and stays up to date with new findings. He is also confident in his ability and welcomes anyone to get a second opinion if desired. He has gone out of his way to assist both my husband and myself. His staff is also very caring and provides individual time for questions and concerns as well.
in Louisville, MS |
Thorough explanation of what my options were - the phone call I got the next morning after my sappointment was priceless - dr ley knew I was overwhelmed of my X-ray findings - the reassurance was so needed - I knew I needed a very good dr but I had a great one- I have already recommended to 5 other people
in Byram, MS |
I was diagnosed with breast cancer. He was straight-forward and didn't sugar coat anything. I immediately felt comfortable. I wanted to know the truth, and he was truthful.
Mendenhall, ms |
Dr. Ley is a great doctor and a great surgeon! I had a great experience with he and his total staff. I highly recommend him.
in Brandon, MS |
I had a lesion removed from my chest that had to be left open and packed for about 2 weeks. No infection and very minimal scarring. He also treated my husband that had stage 4 colorectal cancer with the same results. I can't say enough good things about this man.
in MS JACKSON |
Dr. Ley is wonderful, very knowledgeable of every procedure he has to do to his patients. He has great bedside manners. He is a caring and concerned about all of his patients. His office staff including his nurses are tops. Couldn't ask for better service. He is the best!!
in Brandon, MS |
I have seen Dr. Ley on and off for several years. I could not ask for a better physician professionally, diagnostically, or with a wonderful bedside manner. I know that Dr. Ley sees a lot of patients each day but he has always made me feel like a priority. I would not accept anyone else for my surgical needs. Thank you, Dr. Ley for being a great physician and a wonderful and caring person.
Have you seen Dr. Phillip Ley, MD?
Are you Dr. Ley?

See our Surgery Specialist at Mississippi Baptist Medical Center

Visit Dr. Ley

Dr. Ley accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO