Dr. Phillip Helding, MD

Dr. Phillip Helding, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry  |
Dr. Phillip Helding, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Hinsdale, IL. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

950 N York Rd Ste 107

Hinsdale, IL 60521

• HealthLink
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Helding

See how frequently Dr. Helding performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Autism
Psychiatric Diseases
Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Helding's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Helding "Our philosophy is a holistic approach to mental health and psychological wellness. Our approach is based upon a comprehensive assessment and inividually designed treatment plans developed in concert and partnership with our patients."

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*
  • Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Chicago/Olympia Flds Osteo
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • University Of Chicago
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • University Of Chicago
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Helding has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Helding does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Helding and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Helding's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Helding to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Helding's Performance
My son has been seeing Dr. Helding over the past year and my son has done very well.
Willowbrook, IL |
Excellent child psychiatrist. Not sure what I would do without him.
in Lombard, IL |
I have been seeing a psychiatrist for over 20 plus years and have never met a more incompetent doctor then Dr. helding. I've seen him three times now and each visit he doesn't look at me and just writes my RX's. On my initial visit he never got any background history like he's supposed to he just asked what meds I was taking and wrote the RX's and when I was leaving the office I looked at the RX's and he wrote them for the wrong dose. On my last visit he answered his cellphone and had them.
Naperville, IL |
Do NOT see this psychiatrist. Dr. Helding answered the phone while I was mid-sentence in my session with him. In addition, he blindly threw medication at me and treated me as a guinea pig. I was clinically diagnosed as textbook anxiety disorder as well as ADD. He put me on an anxiety and ADD medication that interacted badly together and instead of realizing that when I had a bad reaction, he thought on a whim "perhaps you have bi-polar" and preceeded to put me on a strong antipsychot
in Naperville, IL |
Very experienced with special needs children and adults. He knows his stuff! He has helped us greatly over the years. I recommend him to others who need help and have had no luck with other doctors.
in Westchester, il |
This guy should not be in a line of work that involves interaction with people. Seems to have aspergers. Answered and conversed on phone calls during my appt.
in Romeoville, IL |
Met with my son and Dr. Helding for the first time. Dr. stated he would have assessment forms sent to my address and have the office call for Computer Based Testing. He left the country on vacation after meeting with us. 2 weeks later I called his office about the forms, he was still out of town but the staff sent a note. Last week (5 weeks after initial appointment) I called again. The staff said he did not respond to their question on survey. I said he did not answer me either. RETIRE!
Chicago, IL |
Dr.makes no eye contact with you or the child (the patient), stares down at tablet the whole time, and barely speaks to you (when he does speak it's very quietly and you wonder if he's speaking to himself). It's an extremely awkward exchange--when he's done he just stops talking, I don't know if we should get up and leave or if he might have something else to say. You expect him to say Alright, we'll see you in 3 months, have a great day, stand up and see you out. There's nothing like that.
Have you seen Dr. Phillip Helding, MD?
Are you Dr. Helding?