Dr. Phillip Haggerty, MD

Pain MedicineMaleAge 59

Pain Medicine

Dr. Phillip Haggerty, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Alcoa, TN and has over 26 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Univ Of Al Sch Of Med in 1996. He is affiliated with Tennova Healthcare North Knoxville Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Phillip Haggerty, MD

186 Airport Plaza Blvd Ste E Alcoa, TN 37701

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Pain Medicine Specialists in your area

• Quiet Hospital
    Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. Haggerty's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Haggerty accepts

Dr. Haggerty accepts the following insurance:

CHAMPVA

Dr. Haggerty's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Haggerty

2.6

Dr. Haggerty

I was a little nervous about the thought of being in a pain clinic for my pain because some bad things I have heard.But after talking to Dr.Haggerty and meeting his staff it put my mind at ease.They have taken excellent care of me and took time to listen to any of concerns I may have and always give me their expert advise.I would highly recommend them to any one who is suffering.They go by the rules yes but they have treated me like a person and helped me a great deal.Unfortuntly I had to stop going to take care of some stomach issues and helping my moma who is nearing the end I will miss these kind and caring folks who have cared for mè over a year now.I can only hope things will work out to where some day I could go back to them because I trust them and it's always a little scary to see a new Dr you don't know.But I have hope things will work out.Keep up the Good work and hope in the future to see you all again ??
Gail Spivey – Jun 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Haggerty, MD?
No first of all I have had a very bad 4 months , went in and forgot my meds just 1 day until I got refill, they call and say I have fentanyl in my system, I call bs I don’t go anywhere if I have it in my system it came from meds. I’m disabled draw poverty SS and they think I bought the shit.They sent a letter telling me I was dismissed.Never called for pill count the 2 years I went.They know how bad I have had it the last 4 months,no compassion at all then pull this bs and that’s exactly what it is I don’t even know where that drug comes from then saying I tested positive for it .They should have called me for a second test, oh and a couple months back they said I tested positive for alcohol I Don’t Drink.They really have no compassion for what’s going on in your life I wouldn’t recommend them.Had to give 1 star for review,otherwise I wouldn’t get to vent, so really No Star
May 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Haggerty, MD?
On third visit to Alcoa office I arrived at 1:18 pm for a 1:30 appt. I went in and waited maybe 5 minutes before they called me to give a urine sample. I was unable to do that due to enlarged prostrate and went in lobby to drink a bunch of water. Approximately 5 minutes later I went back in restroom to attempt to give urine sample. I was in there maybe 3 minutes when a nurse knocked on the door and told me through the door that I would have to reschedule. This whole incident took maybe 15 minutes from when I walked through the door. I have to drive 40 minutes to get to the appt in the first place. So after driving 40 minutes to get there and 5 minutes of trying to give a sample, the other 10 was me doing paperwork and paying the $70 copay. I was kicked to the curb. They treat you like cattle there. Heard you along so they can get the next cow in. Worst patient care I have ever experienced. DO NOT GO TO THIS DR. I have had to wait 30 minutes or more when they are running slow.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Kirt – Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Haggerty, MD?
He is an arrogant, unsympathetic man who only cares about money. In the 2 yrs I went there seen by him only on 1st visit. I heard him complaining about insurance co Taking so much money off the top before he gets a penny. Consistently yelling when I was in waiting room. When he asked you question and you start to answer he puts his hand up and say I don't need all that just yes or no. He was so rude he brought me to tears. I would never recommend him to anyone.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Patty – May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Haggerty, MD?
I would give less stars if possible Did not even look up my pudendal Nerve. No time his word !!! Took away most of the meds that had Saved me. Told me I sounded desperate. I was. Disease is known as end stage cancer pain !! No desire to help !!!!! Never never again !!!!
Feb 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Haggerty, MD?
I have almost always had a good experience here. Only a couple quirks have happened when a new PA comes in. but they are settled pretty quickly. Dr Haggerty is awesome and you will have good conversations with him.
Veronica Rocchietti in Gatlinburg, TN – Oct 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Haggerty, MD?
One of the best Dr's I have ever met and conversed with. Very knowledgable.
J.R.L. in Tazewell, TN – Dec 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phillip Haggerty, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Haggerty?