Dr. Phillip Cummings, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Dr. Phillip Cummings, MD
Dr. Phillip Cummings, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Plantation, FL. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Cummings is affiliated with Westside Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Cummings' Experience

See how Dr. Cummings' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cummings

Dr. Cummings accepts 24 insurance carriers

Dr. Cummings is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cummings has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cummings' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cummings to family and friends
    2.6
    Dr. Cummings' Performance
      FAIR
    Hollywood, FL |
    After all the bad reviews, we were real upset that are insurance force us to see him but surprisingly I dont have nothing bad to say about him.Real nice person, excellent communication skill,he take time to explain everything about the surgery and recovery.Our experience so far is great.He was our 3 rd choice but cant complain
    in Hollywood, FL |
    Took my daughter to see him. After inability to diagnose daughter and extreme rudeness to my husband we took her to another specialist who immediately diagnosed her with frozen trigger finger. I can't speak to his competence but I can say he needs help with patient interaction.
    in Pompano Beach, FL |
    Excellent doctor. He treated torn ligaments in my finger without surgery. Very compassionate. His staff is very efficient and nice as well. Would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs a hnd surgeon. His surgically fixed my husbansd's trigger finger and bone spur.
    in Ft Lauderdales, FL |
    I don't understand the bad reviews about Dr Cummings .I have seen him twice and he was alway attentive and concerned about my needs .He fixed my trigger finger many years ago among other minor procedures .Gave me a cortisone shot ..Never felt a pinch. Very well mannered and showed alot of concern .Never rushed me out the door untill all my questions were answered..I will see him again if need to and highly recommend him to anyone .My experience with this Dr .
    in Hallandale, FL |
    I have heard another patient in physical therapy raving about Dr. Cummings and how he was able to perform a surgery that was extremely successful. My experience with Dr. Cummings was that he was kind and answered all of my questions, and the 2 injections that I had were less painful than with other doctors. Any Injections onto a joints is very painful regardless of the how proficient the doctor is unfortunately. I would definitely refer friends and family to Dr. Cummings.
    in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    Rude; Unsympathetic;Didn't numb finger prior to injection; most painful shot I've ever received as he rushed through it.
    in Miramar, FL |
    Did not choose this Doctor, was assigned by Workers Comp. Dr. Phillip Cummings is rude, dismissive of patients questions and concerns and does not seem care one iota about his patients. Was not surprised at all to see his horrible rating on healthgrades. But 2 stars is too much for this terrible so called doctor. do your self a favor and find someone else, anyone else.
    in Tamarac, FL |
    No bedside manner at all. This Dr. was not sympathetic at all and wanted to charge for additional X-Rays that I brought and his system could not read. I went to another surgeons office and their office was able to read the CD that I brought. The Dr. Simply stated, and I quote, that he doesn't have X-Ray vision and he can't help it if his system can't read the X-Ray I brought. It was their inability to read it not mine. The X-Ray could have been taken as a patient service.
    The worse doctor I've been in all my life. Rude as it can be! No people skills whatsoever. This was my first and last visit with him. Needs to go to charm school. Didn't let me speak, interrupted me all the time .he was rushing my visit. I do NOT recommend this Doctor at all.
    in Miami, FL |
    I have gone a few times to see Dr Cummings I hurt my hand at work so it's where they sent me from work men's competition He gave me some steroids on my first visit to take which did not help at all so on my follow up the nurse asked me how I was feeling I sad it hurt worse then my first visit when he came it it seemed he took that very personal like I was saying he was a bad Doctor he said that it was a very stupid comment for me to make and went on so I let him speak and got up and walked out
    Have you seen Dr. Phillip Cummings, MD?
    Are you Dr. Cummings?

Dr. Cummings' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
    •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Cummings has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cummings' Board Certifications

• Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
    • Dupuytren's Contracture
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Hand Fracture

Howard University College Of Medicine

Graduated in 1990

Howard University Hospital
      Shands Hospital At University Of Fl

Dr. Cummings does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cummings and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery