Dr. Phillip Cummings, MD

Dr. Phillip Cummings, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Phillip Cummings, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Plantation, FL. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Cummings is affiliated with Westside Regional Medical Center.

600 S Pine Island Rd Ste 300

Plantation, FL 33324

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Cummings

See how frequently Dr. Cummings performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Trigger Finger
Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Cummings's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Hand Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

• Howard University College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Howard University Hospital
  • Shands Hospital At University Of Fl

Dr. Cummings has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cummings does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cummings and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cummings' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cummings to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Cummings' Performance
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Saw Dr Cummings yesterday and cannot get over his brilliance ! He was able to diagnose in a heartbeat, thanks to him I am already feeling much better, and on the road to recovery.
in West Palm, FL |
I had my surgery scheduled during the hurricane dr. Cummings didn’t cancel on me! Thank god he is truly a miracle worker I am so thankful for his work
in Tampa, Florida |
Very nice and professional. Very satisfied with the outcome of his work !
Indialantic, FL |
I’m able to touch myself in places I haven’t been able to in years. Dr, cummings is amazing!
Baltimore, MD |
Superb knowledge, patient, explains procedures thoroughly
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr. Cummings operated on both of my hands. He is the nicest doctor anyone could have. He was very patient and knowledgeable about what was wrong and how he was going to fix my hands. Clearly a First Class Professional who I highly recommend if you need any kind of hand to elbow treatment.
It’s rare I leave a review, but Dr Cummings really took the time to address all of my concerns before surgery and went above and beyond making me comfortable w the procedure. He is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met and I am grateful I found him.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Exceptional service. Was visiting family and had an emergency , I was scheduled quickly , seen quickly , and helped quickly. By far the best.
Miami, FL |
Amazing!!! Fixed my trigger finger
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Cummings was extremely knowledgeable and very nice.
in Plantation, Fl |
This person who calls himself a Dr should not be dealing with patients. He is rude, condescending, arrogant & UGLY inside & out. He yelled at me, practically called me a liar & I stormed out of the examining room in tears feeling worse than when I went in. I am supposed to have a follow-up visit in 1 month but would never want to see him again. Ever. Not even he was the last Dr on the planet. Wouldn't recommend him to ANYONE.
Hollywood, FL |
After all the bad reviews, we were real upset that are insurance force us to see him but surprisingly I dont have nothing bad to say about him.Real nice person, excellent communication skill,he take time to explain everything about the surgery and recovery.Our experience so far is great.He was our 3 rd choice but cant complain
in Hollywood, FL |
Took my daughter to see him. After inability to diagnose daughter and extreme rudeness to my husband we took her to another specialist who immediately diagnosed her with frozen trigger finger. I can't speak to his competence but I can say he needs help with patient interaction.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Excellent doctor. He treated torn ligaments in my finger without surgery. Very compassionate. His staff is very efficient and nice as well. Would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs a hnd surgeon. His surgically fixed my husbansd's trigger finger and bone spur.
in Ft Lauderdales, FL |
I don't understand the bad reviews about Dr Cummings .I have seen him twice and he was alway attentive and concerned about my needs .He fixed my trigger finger many years ago among other minor procedures .Gave me a cortisone shot ..Never felt a pinch. Very well mannered and showed alot of concern .Never rushed me out the door untill all my questions were answered..I will see him again if need to and highly recommend him to anyone .My experience with this Dr .
in Hallandale, FL |
I have heard another patient in physical therapy raving about Dr. Cummings and how he was able to perform a surgery that was extremely successful. My experience with Dr. Cummings was that he was kind and answered all of my questions, and the 2 injections that I had were less painful than with other doctors. Any Injections onto a joints is very painful regardless of the how proficient the doctor is unfortunately. I would definitely refer friends and family to Dr. Cummings.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Rude; Unsympathetic;Didn't numb finger prior to injection; most painful shot I've ever received as he rushed through it.
in Miramar, FL |
Did not choose this Doctor, was assigned by Workers Comp. Dr. Phillip Cummings is rude, dismissive of patients questions and concerns and does not seem care one iota about his patients. Was not surprised at all to see his horrible rating on healthgrades. But 2 stars is too much for this terrible so called doctor. do your self a favor and find someone else, anyone else.
in Tamarac, FL |
No bedside manner at all. This Dr. was not sympathetic at all and wanted to charge for additional X-Rays that I brought and his system could not read. I went to another surgeons office and their office was able to read the CD that I brought. The Dr. Simply stated, and I quote, that he doesn't have X-Ray vision and he can't help it if his system can't read the X-Ray I brought. It was their inability to read it not mine. The X-Ray could have been taken as a patient service.
The worse doctor I've been in all my life. Rude as it can be! No people skills whatsoever. This was my first and last visit with him. Needs to go to charm school. Didn't let me speak, interrupted me all the time .he was rushing my visit. I do NOT recommend this Doctor at all.
in Miami, FL |
I have gone a few times to see Dr Cummings I hurt my hand at work so it's where they sent me from work men's competition He gave me some steroids on my first visit to take which did not help at all so on my follow up the nurse asked me how I was feeling I sad it hurt worse then my first visit when he came it it seemed he took that very personal like I was saying he was a bad Doctor he said that it was a very stupid comment for me to make and went on so I let him speak and got up and walked out
Have you seen Dr. Phillip Cummings, MD?
Are you Dr. Cummings?

See our Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist at Aventura Hospital & Medical Center

Visit Dr. Cummings