Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine  |
Dr. Philip Zaneteas, MD
Dr. Philip Zaneteas, MD is a neuromusculoskeletal medicine doctor who practices in Indianapolis, IN. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Zaneteas is affiliated with Community Hospital North, Community Hospital East, St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital, Community Hospital South and Indiana University Health University Hospital.

9240 N Meridian St Ste 350

Indianapolis, IN 46260

Dr. Philip Zaneteas, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Zaneteas

Compassionate care treating the whole patient regardless of financial means.

Dr. Zaneteas' Experience

Dr. Zaneteas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine
  • Board certified in Neuromuscular Medicine, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Spinal Injury Medicine

• Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Brachial Plexus Injuries
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Sports Injuries
  • Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

• EMG (Electromyography)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Brooklyn College
  • Cornell University-Ph.D.
    Other Education | Completed 1983

• Board Certified in Spinal Cord Injury Medicine, 1999
  • Board Certified in Electrodiagnostic Medicine, 1993

Dr. Zaneteas has no media or publications listed.

• Greek

Dr. Zaneteas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zaneteas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zaneteas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zaneteas to family and friends
Dr. Zaneteas' Performance
in Indianapolis indiana |
Very nice an friendly environment! They get you in an out an make u feel welcome
in Carmel, IN |
Dr. Zaneteas and his staff are wonderful. EMG tests were conducted on both of my legs from hips to toes and the procedures went perfect. In addition, it was an incredible learning experience discussing the science and medicine behind the procedure/process with Dr. Zaneteas. He has extensive/unrivaled experience in the field and a superior bed-side manner. He is an outstanding conversationalist with amazing personal stories that make talking with him a joy.
in Columbus Indiana |
I was a nervous wreck, Dr. Z made it relaxing, telling funny stories, it wasn't as bad as everyone says but when you do have problems (nerve damage in your feet) it's intensely uncomfortable. If I can handle it then you can too! Doctor Z''s wife is just as amazing and makes you feel at home as soon as you walk through the door!
in Carmel, IN |
He answered questions that nobody else could answer for a year and a half. Amazing! And a relief.
in Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Zaneteas did an amazing job. I was so nervous and he and his wife put me at ease. Dr. Zaneteas explained the procedure to me step by step. I was actually so impressed by his knowledge I found myself more interested in what he was doing than being scared. If I need another test of this nature, I will absolutely return to Dr. Zaneteas.
in Indianapolis, IN |
I was very nervous to have this test done but Bettina was a love and had me feeling comfortable before my appointment date. Meeting her and Dr. Zaneteas in person was such a delight and procedure wasn't as bad as I thought. Although I must have talked Dr. Zaneteas ear off while he was administering the test so that I could keep my mind busy. :) I highly recommend Dr. Zaneteas for any EMG testing. He very detailed and wants to make sure he gets to the bottom of a person issue.
in Indianapolis |
Very friendly, professional, interesting visit for not so fun thing to do. Knowledgeable of need for EMG!
in Indianapolis, IN |
Everyone at Dr. Zaneteas office was wonderful on the morning of my EMG test. I was a little worried the test would hurt because the referring physician warned me it wasn't pleasant, but Dr. Zaneteas worked so fast and talked to me the entire time so it was over before I even had time to worry about pain. I would put it at a 1 out of 10 on the pain scale. Any one who has ever played any type of sport has felt way worse pain than this and has nothing to worry about. I highly recommend them!
in Fishers, IN |
My experience was great they both communicate exceptionally well put you at ease immediately. Starting with the waiting area very pleasant made to feel right at home. Very engaging conversation. The doctor was very plesant and not hurried.The process was explained in great detail. The process it self was fairly quick with very little discomfort. If I ever had to do this procedure again, with these folks I WOULD NOT HESITATE AT ALL!!!! Overall great experience would recommend to my best friend!
in Kokomo, IN |
I was scared to death about being there & they put me at ease & were very nice.He explained everything he was doing as he was doing it.He was was very patient with me(I'm such a baby)He was great.
in Canby IN |
I have had to have two EMG tests done with Dr. Zaneteas. Both times he and his staff have made the experience pleasant. I would highly recommend Dr. Zanteas. He is very professional and explains the process in a manner that I understood.
Avon, IN |
Very good experience. The staff are friendly and professional. The Dr. is personable, considerate, and professional at all times. I was nervous as some of the procedures i've had were quite painful, but this was nothing to worry about, just some pin pricks. I would definately recommend this office for this procedure.
in Zionsville, IN |
Probably one of the most satisfying dr visits I have had. A great experience, with no long wait for scheduling an appointment, no extensive paperwork with repetitive info to fill out, no long wait room experience, and no limits on the time with the doctor. I actually felt like the patient came first!
Zionsville, IN |
Dr. Zaneteas is an excellent physician who is very knowledgeable! He is efficient and professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Zaneteas!
in Indianapolis, IN |
What a great experience!! On time, polite, and most of all very considerate!
in Komodo, indiana |
Great and super staff. Made you feel very comfortable from the get go. The actual procedure was definitely not what I was expecting. The Dr put me at ease, explained everything as he went along, and made it less stressful. Definitely better than what I had read before the appt. Thank you for making the testing experience a better and positive one.
in Greenwood, IN |
Bettina took all my concerns away when I first made my appointment. The kindness of answering all of my questions by phone was so appreciated and her energy is off the charts. Thank you. You are fabulous at what you do. When I was referred to Dr. Zaneteas my doctor said he was the best. I couldn't agree more. His professionalism, knowledge and kindness was so refreshing. I would highly recommend Dr. Zaneteas to any person needing an EMG. He is a leader in his field.
in Indy, IN |
Dr. Z has great bedside manner! One of the best I've ever experienced and, I've been seeing specialist and other docs since I was 14 (I'm 32 now). Dr. Z and his wife (who runs the day in and out admin business) really make you feel like you just come home to family you haven't seen in years! I was there for two visits and the compassion, professionalism, and friendly environment really made my experience more pleasant! Dr. Z takes the time with you to really get down to root of the issue!
in Indianapolis, IN |
I was nervous, but was immediately put at ease by Bettina. Dr. Zaneteas was gentle and compassionate and my husband got to stay in the room with me. We both were impressed and he was able to watch the doctor as he tested me, and enjoyed some fun stories by the doctor. While the tests weren't exactly painless, Dr. Zaneteas calmed me and I soon realized that the discomfort and small pain that I did feel were bearable. The second time I went in I wasn't worried or nervous at all.
in Carmel, IN |
I had a warm welcome as soon as I walked into the door. Dr. Zaneteas was very friendly and walked me through the process. There was only minor discomfort during the test. I am looking forward to getting his professional diagnosis and recommendations.
in Indianapolis, IN |
I saw Dr. Zaneteas for an EMG. I was a bit nervous as I heard the test involves needles, which I am not a fan of. Dr. Zaneteas however was very patient with me and explained the entire process. I can't say it was completely painless, mostly just uncomfortable. Dr. Zaneteas was great at making chit chat during the test to keep my nerves down, and they even have a teddy bear (Tony) for if you're really anxious. Mrs. Zaneteas was so welcoming and thoughtful, and overall it was a good experience.
in Noblesville, IN |
Dr. Zaneteas was professional, efficient and very personable! The test has some slight discomfort, but the doctor's technique was gentle and he was careful to minimize the discomfort.
in Fishers, IN |
Dr. Zaneteas has a wonderful bedside manner. He fully explained the tests he performed, and made sure I was ok throughout the entire visit. The office administrator is extremely helpful & very friendly! I wish more medical professionals & offices ran this smooth. I highly recommend Dr. Zaneteas!
in fishers, IN |
Today I got an EMG and it was surprisingly a wonderful experience. What made it go so effortlessly was Dr. Zaneteas...he explains everything to you and talks to you also. His bedside manner is amazing and comforting. He is the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Office staff is wonderful & very courteous. I cannot say enough good things about my experience...if you are in pain don't hesitate to go in and find out exactly what's going on with your body! He knows his stuff
in Greenwood, IN |
I was a bit nervous about having the EMG. But the minute I walked into Dr. Zaneteas office and was greeted by the nicest receptionist and she started talking to me to keep my mind off of the test. It was a joy to talk to her. Then she Mrs Zaneteas took me into the exam room and got me all set up and made sure I had a teddy bear to hold onto. She is THE BEST!!! Dr. Zaneteas was so easy to talk to. Him being very athletic we never stopped talking. It really kept my mind off the test. I am so happy
in Columbus, IN |
The total experience of my EMG with Dr. Z and his gracious wife/office manager, Bettina, was what I would love for all patients to have at a medical office. Caring and compassion are still alive at this lab! Upon entering the waiting room, you could feel the professionalism and experience that comes naturally to the Zaneteas's. I left my appointment with a feeling of trust and understanding that I haven't felt in a long time. I highly recommend Dr. Zaneteas.
in Indianapolis, IN |
My appt was scheduled quickly and easily. My experience at the lab was simple and comfortable. Dr Zaneteas was not only obviously knowledgeable but was also kind and compassionate. His bedside manner is excellent. He is very thorough.
in avon indiana |
My first impression when I walked into DR. Z's office was he sure did hire the nicest receptionist I've met in a long time. Bettina was super. I can't say enough great things about Dr. Z and the way his staff treated me while I was there. Dr. Z took his time and explained everything along the way and answered all my questions, while never making me feel rushed or foolish. The EMG was not very painful, in fact I don't think most children would have teared up while having this procedure.
in Indianapolis, IN |
Dr Zaneteas and his wife did a wonderful job making sure I was comfortable and knew what was happening. Dr Zaneteas was friendly, kind, compassionate, and put me at ease by finding topics I was comfortable talking about during the test so my mind was not focused on the test. When I came into the office his was greeted me warmly and helped me feel comfortable quickly. This test was definitely not as scary as I had imagined! I would recommend Dr Zaneteas to anyone who needs an EMG!
Carmel, IN |
Dr Zaneteas was professional and checked on my comfort several times during the procedure. I would see him again if I needed another EMG. Betinna was helpful and welcoming. I would recommend him to family and friends.
in Zionsville, IN |
Let's just face it EMG's are not a comfortable procedure to have on any day of the week. Given a choice of who does the procedure I would only go to Dr. Z. He makes the time go by quickly. He is engaging in conversation and most of all has a huge amount of empathy for what you're going through. I believe he is highly skilled and well respected among many doctors. If you want a map of your nerves he is the Rand McNally or for those of you that use a GPS he is the Garmin.
Indianapolis, IN |
Dr Zanateas and Bettina were both awesome. It was a pleasant environment and the test wasn't too uncomfortable.
Indianapolis, IN |
While no one likes a medical test (at least no one I've met), Dr. Zaneteas and staff understand this and strive to make the experience as comfortable and painless as possible. I was impressed with the promptness from his office to schedule an appointment, as well as the friendliness and genuine concern to find a resolution. I also appreciated his willingness to explain the results and work with my surgeon's office to chart the next course of action. You are in good hands with Dr. Z and staff!
in Zionsville, IN |
Dr. Zaneteas was very professional, highly skilled, yet very engaging, easy to talk with but I didn't feel my EMG procedure was rushed. Dr. Zaneteas took time testing and giving me his best professional opinion. Mrs. Zaneteas was super too! She was very friendly in greeting my husband and I and making us both feel "right at home". I would definitely recommend Dr. Zaneteas to anyone!
in Flora, In |
Absolutely very professional, very nice ,. I enjoyed talking to the Dr.and his wonderful staff. They went Out of their way to schedule my appointments for my convenience and got me in quickly . The treatment wasn't painful , and would recommend then highly
in Indianapolis,IN |
Tom C Indianapolis 4/7/17 Dr. Z. is a very caring doctor who will help you. He takes time to make sure you understand what findings and action should be taken in your care plan. Thank you for all your help and direction.
in Indianapolis, IN |
I have had four EMG's over the last couple of years due to a femoral nerve problem, all administered by Dr Z. He is wonderful to work with, patiently answered all my questions, and certainly made me feel comfortable. While I cannot imagine anyone thinking an EMG is a great way to start the day, the procedure I had here was much less uncomfortable than others I have had in the past elsewhere. I would highly recommend Dr. Z. And....Bettina gave me a hug when I left!!
Carmel, IN |
I found Dr. Zaneteas very easy to talk with, engaging, and not rushed. He was pleasant and showed genuine interest in providing his best opinion of how to help my situation going forward. He was on time with no wait. Mrs. Zaneteas is superior at greeting you and making the office visit professional, warm and friendly at the same time. Possibly 'as good of a' doctor's visit that you may have. Highly recommended.
in Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Zaneteas and his wife, his office manager, were delightful, helpful and eager to please. I felt cared for and understood. I would highly recommend Dr. Zaneteas to anyone else!
Lafayette, Indiana |
Dr Zaneteas was very good at describing what he was about to do before he proceeded. He made me feel very comfortable in a not so comfortable situation.
Columbus, Indiana |
I also noticed the Love Trumps Hate sign on the door of the office, instead of making me uncomfortable, it made me feel welcomed, safe and secure. I also noticed another sign that said this business welcomes ALL. Dr. Zaneteas and his staff made the uncomfortable test as pleasant as possible. I could feel the passion Dr. Z has for his profession by the amount of care he gave me as his patient. Every step of the process was explained before the test was done and again during the test.
in Shelbyville, IN |
From the moment I walked in the front door, I knew I was in the right Doctor's office. I was greeted with open arms and made to feel welcome and safe in Dr. Zaneteas' office. I was offered a cup of coffee to enjoy during my wait, but I didn't have time to sip the coffee long as Dr. Zaneteas was on time to begin my appointment. Dr. Z explained what he was going to do before he started, and again each step of the way. There were no surprises during the procedure.
in Fishers, IN |
Having a EMG procedure is not the best experience but Dr. Zaneteas was very cool and easy to talk to. He's not your typical boring and stuffy type of Doctor and he tried to explain the procedure in layman terms. Although I hope to never have to go through and EMG again, if I had to, I know I would go back to Dr. Zaneteas. Also, his wife is the receptionist there and she is also a warm, wonderful person. You can tell they both care very much in their patients.
in Carmel, IN |
I have had 2 EMGs with Dr. Zaneteas. The man is a genius and an outstanding individual. I could not have been more impressed and cannot say enough in recommendation. I don't think you're going to find anyone better.
Have you seen Dr. Philip Zaneteas, MD?
Are you Dr. Zaneteas?

Visit Dr. Zaneteas

Dr. Zaneteas accepts 2 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Zaneteas has admitting privileges