Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Philip Rizzuto, MD
Dr. Philip Rizzuto, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Providence, RI. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Rizzuto is affiliated with Rhode Island Hospital.

120 Dudley St Ste 301

Providence, RI 02905

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Rizzuto

Dr. Rizzuto's Experience

Dr. Rizzuto's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes

• Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Tear Duct Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

• University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine
  • University Buffalo
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Kresge Eye Inst/Wayne State University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Rizzuto has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rizzuto does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rizzuto and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rizzuto's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rizzuto to family and friends
Dr. Rizzuto's Performance
in Stonington, CT |
Five years ago Dr. Rizzuto performed a lid lift. I was only 50, but my eyes were drooping and aged my appearance. I was very concerned that my appearance would change. He was confident and calming. I was shocked at how natural and young I looked. I could not be happier. THere is no evidence of surgery. As I ran into friends several remarked at how great I looked and asked if I had lost weight! He is professional and wonderful. He is the best in southern New England.
in Narragansett, RI |
I am recommending highly Dr. Philip Rizzuto! I have been struggling with a droopy left eye. I put off dealing with it for years! I finally went to see Dr. Rizzuto and his staff. They were wonderful, kind and accomodating! I had this problem corrected 8 days ago and I am thrilled with the results! Dr. Rizzuto is really good at what he does!!!
in Riverside, RI |
My eye doctor recommended Dr. Rizzuto to me for my eyelid surgery. At my first meeting/ examination with Dr. Rizzuto i knew i trusted him to perform my surgery. Dr. Rizzuto and staff were AMAZING, I had no complications and i can't stop telling all my friends and family how happy i am with my results. I highly recommend him!
in Cranston, RI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Rizzuto's for many years. I can't say enough wonderful things about him – – his knowledge, his techniques, his skill . Also as a family man and a person he excels. I have recommended him highly to several friends who require his specialty. I started going to Dr. Rizzuto for medical Botox. I have bells palsy. He has helped my situation with the bells palsy so much that I don't know what I would do without him.
in Attleboro, MA |
Excellent specialist. I am very pleased with my surgical results, the professionalism and expertise of Dr. Rizzuto, the facility and medical staff. My results are amazing! Thank you so very much.
Smithfield, RI |
Fantastic doctor. Very little wait time, and results were outstanding.
in West Warwick, RI |
I was referred to dr. Rizzuto from my eye doctor because I had sagging skin above my eyes, which was interfering with my vision. Plus I hadn't had eyelids for a long time dr. Rizzuto did a wonderful job the results were amazing. I would recommend him to anyone
in Providence, RI |
absolutely terrific very efficient great personality makes you feel very comfortable talking to him I recommend him to anybody great experience had eye surgery complete success very satisfied with everything he did
in Newport, RI |
excellent doctor, better than I ever expected.
in Bristol, RI |
Fantastic!! Resolved my problem to perfection! I am very satisfied with the way he conducted our meetings, the information he provided me during our meetings, and the results of the operation he performed. I would recommend him to anybody!
in Greenville, RI |
Excellent doctor with great bedside manners. Always upbeat, cheerful and respectful. This man is intelligent and courteous with patients, explains everything in lay terms so you can understand. Takes his time with patients to make sure patients are comfortable and informed. I would go back any time.
From consultation right through to our post op appt Dr. Rizzuto went above and beyond every step of the way. He performed surgery on my four year old son and was so kind to him.
Warwick, RI |
Had eyelid surgery to remove hoods Wonderful doctor. Procedure was painless and he educated me on what to expect. I saw immediate results.. I would highly recommend him. Very professional.
Great experience with surgery (both eyes). Was highly recommend by other doctors.
Middletown, RI |
He did a great job on my eye surgery. I was very happy with the results!
in North Providence, RI |
Thank you Dr Rizzuto for the best experience I could have asked for. My eyelid looks great. I would recommend him to family and friends any time. The EMT surgical center was the best. All the nurses and doctors were the best. Thank You Dr Rizzuto. Barbara A North Providence
Jamestown, RI |
Was recommended by my dermatologist as I had a basal cell carcinoma on my lower eyelid. Dr Rizzuto did the cosmetic surgery following the procedure by another doctor (Dr Kupperman-Beade, Providence, RI). In an initial visit, he carefully reviewed what the procedure entailed and what to expect. The surgery went exceptionally well -- you can barely tell where it was on my eyelid. His staff and facilities are top notch. I would highly recommend Dr Rizzuto based on my experience.
in Portsmouth, RI |
Excellent physician. Caring and attentive. Did excellent work on my eyes. Would highly recommend.
in North Kingstown, RI |
I was very pleased with the outcome of my procedure. Dr. Rizzuto was upbeat, reassuring, and a very competent surgeon.
in Cranston, RI |
What a great experience I had with Dr. Rizzuto and his awesome assistant. Dr. Rizzutto couldn't have been any more professional during the entire procedure from consult to post exam visit. And his assistant was very comforting, supportive, and reassuring during the visits. Thanks for all you've done and the great results.
in Cranston, RI |
I had surgery on my eyelid I am very satisfied with the outcome' the staff were great, made me feel as if I was the only reason they were there. Doctor Rizzuto could not have been any nicer, had no pain at all, the hardest thing about it was not touching the lid. I would recommend To all my family and friends
in North Dighton |
I had the pleasure of taking my mother in law for a check up with Dr. Rizzuto 2 days ago. I was blown away by his expertise and knowledge. After meeting him., you will wish that every doctor you meet will be just like him because he is the best!
in Wakefield RI |
With some trepidation I scheduled important necessary eyelid surgery. As it turned out, I need not have worried at all! the surgery was superbly done and he telephoned me that evening to inquire how I felt-- which was just fine! I recommend him enthusiastically to everyone in need of surgery in delicate area of eyes.
in Cranston RI |
If you’re reading this testimonial, you may be looking for someone you can trust with your eyes and face. As a patient since 2005, and a veteran of two eye procedures with this practice, I trust Dr. Rizzuto 100%. Dr. Rizzuto runs a top-flight medical practice. His deep understanding of the way the skin responds, precise/delicate techniques and thoughtful approach all promise you will have results that are 100% natural. After a lot of deliberation, I chose to have upper and lower blepheroplasty (
in Woonsocket, RI |
Dr. Rizzuto is awesome! I would highly recommend him. I had MOH's surgery done on my eyelid and then went over to the ENT Center to have Dr. Rizzuto work his skill. I was so nervous for nothing. He did a wonderful job and I can only say I am extremely pleased with the results, Dr. Rizzuto, and his staff (office and ENT Center) throughout the whole process.
in Ledyard, CT |
Dr Rizzuto is amazing! So kind, caring, and a perfectionist when it comes to surgery! I was so pleased!
in Attleboro, MA |
It took me three years to get up my courage to have my eyelid problem fixed and I am so thrilled to have had such positive results with Dr Rizzuto! Family and friends haven't stopped raving about my new look but even better my vision has improved greatly!! This Boston Red Sox fan has such gratitude to Dr. Rizzuto, even though he is a big Yankees fan!!
Dr. Rizzuto recently removed a cyst from my facial cheek, and he did a phenomenal job! I was extremely nervous about what the scar might look Iike prior to the surgery - but honestly it just look like a cut that's healing beautifully. He made sure there were only 2 stitches on the outside and put stitches that dissolve inside. I would highly recommend him as a facial surgeon.
in Providence, RI |
I was so impressed with Dr. Rizzuto and the friendly and professional staff at the ENT Center in Warwick. I was nervous about having this type of surgery, but I had a very positive experience, and the results are just perfect. Highly recommended!
in Cumberland, RI |
Extremely satisfied with his professionalism and the way he explained things for me. I have already and will continue to recommend Dr. Rizzuto to friends and family.
in Barrington ri |
I'm sending this again ! Not sure if the first one went thru Very positive experience with dr Rizutto . Would go back again in a minute !!! Although I hope I don't have to
in Warwick |
Had the misfortune of having to see many doctors over the past 10 years. He's one of the best! Always personable, authentic, talented and doesn't shy away from a political debate :). He thinks logically but doesn't let the bedside manner falter. He is also sensitive to my nervous nelly nature and tailors the way he speaks to me to help keep me as much at ease as possible and all without having to dope me up on drugs for our in office procedures. Grateful to have found him!
in West Warwick, RI |
My daughter and I call him Dr. Good Looking. He and his staff are outstanding and always on their A game. Highly recommend.
My experience was wonderful. Not only did he immediately diagnose my problem, but he explained it and even gave me a diagram! This after seeing several doctors who didn't help at all. The surgery was done at the ENT center in Warwick which was a good experience as well. Post surgery no bruising, no swelling, no pain. I never took any pain medication. I am so grateful!
in Providence, RI |
Dr. Rizzuto is so easy to talk to, I never feel rushed, he spends time asking me what I want, not what he thinks I should do. If I am unrealistic, he will guide me in the right direction, so that my treatment gives me a natural ageless appearance. His staff is very friendly, they make you feel like part of the family. I never have to wait to be seen, even if I need a touch-up, they accommodate me immediately. If he happens to be running late (not often), I get an apology.
in Greenville, RI |
Dr. Rizzuto treated my 88 year old mom and he was wonderful with her. Was not condescending, spoke clearly and was very respectful. He repaired her eyelid position following a skin graft she had to remove skin cancer from her cheek and he did a great job. She had minimal discomfort and eyelid is back to proper positioning. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing ophthalmic plastic surgery.
in Providence, RI |
Dr. Rizutto is very knowledgeable, caring and friendly as he explains the procedure that he will be doing to fix the area effected by MOHs surgery. The morning of surgery he made me feel very comfortable about what was to be done. Post surgery his office contacted me to be sure that I was doing okay and asked if I had any concerns. I would certainly recommend him.
in Pawtucket, RI |
Amazing. I never thought my lazy eyelid would look normal. You did it. I see better and to top it off, I look better. Easy surgery with your fantastic staff. You're wonderful Dr. Rizutto. Thank you, Laureen (Dec. 2015)
Have you seen Dr. Philip Rizzuto, MD?
Are you Dr. Rizzuto?

See our Ophthalmology Specialist at Southcoast Hospitals Group – Charlton Memorial

Visit Dr. Rizzuto