Dr. Philip S. Kim, MD

Dr. Philip S. Kim, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

CHRISTIANA CARE BREAST CENTER 4701 Ogletown Stanton Rd, Newark, DE 19713 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Kim's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Kim's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim accepts 21 insurance carriers

21 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Kim has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim's Review Details
2.9 based on 26 responses
Experience with Dr. Kim
Dr. Kim's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (25)
Dr. Kim says

Our practice tries to help everybody and sometimes we cannot help everybody. I try to be honest what is available and experimental. Over years, I have learn to be a better physician and understand that we are in difficulty situation with insurances and health care. We will not give up on trying to help patients as best we can. That is why we are active in clinical research and policy to help current and future patients.

Your positive and negative feedback are important to me and I will listen to it.

in havertown,PA |
Im not sure what office person was in, I have been a patient of Dr Kim in the Bryn Mawr office for years and found the staff to be extremely helpfil and friendly. I Have seen things change over the years on the way drs practice, however you can blame politics and insurance companys for m9st of that change not the drs....for the most part the drs hands are tied as to how they can help a patient.If your insurance wont pay for what u need take it up with them not Dr Kim.I wont go to anyone else
I was very pleased with Dr.Kim. He was honest with how he could help what he could do and what he could not do.He is truely caring and wants to help his patients by finding out the root of where the pain is coming from not just hand out pain medication.I think some of the reviews are unfair stating that the wait time is too long for appointments,however they want to be fit in to his schedule right away....you cant have it both ways.I would recommend Dr.Kim to anyone..He is one of the best Drs
in Felton, De |
Dr. Kim is always rushed because he is over booked. He is over booked because everyone wants or needs to see him immediately which lets you know that he is good at his job.
in Wilmington, De |
First appointment was great. Second appointment rushed, questions not answered. Never returns calls for persciption authorization was told point blank he's too busy and will not have his staff deal with insurance or pharmacy. Waited over 24 hours for an emergency call to the office and have yet to get a call back. I would not recommend this practice to those that have chronic pain and could require immediate response. Staff is rude and confrontational.
Have you seen Dr. Kim?

Compare Dr. Kim

• Pain Medicine
  • Integrative Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Kim's Board Certifications

• Anesthesiology
  • Pain Medicine

Dr. Kim says..

We offer all aspects of spine and pain care from conservative management to highly interventional approaches. WE are very conservative with pain medicines and realize the good, bad, and ugly with medications. We try to offer other approached including integrative medical approaches.

Our expertise in all injections, procedure, and minimal invasive surgical approaches is noted in the area. WE offer the advanced therapies in conjunction with rehabilitation and medical management.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Cancer Pain
  • Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Postoperative Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

Dr. Kim says..

spinal injections

neurotomies

kyphoplasty

spinal cord stimulation trial and implant.

intrathecal pain and spasticity pumps

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Celiac Plexus Block
  • Provocation Discography
  • Spinal Injections
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stellate Ganglion Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Delaware.

Loyola University Of Chicago/Stritch School Of Medicine

Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania

Completed in 1999

• Other Education
    University Of South Florida / College Of Medicine

Dr. Kim has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Kim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Kim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Pain Medicine
  • Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
  • Malpractice claims in Delaware not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Kim

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Kim's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Kim

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Kim says...

I strive the offer the best for my patients in the management of chronic pain, spasticity, and integrative medicine. With my group, we offer the cutting edge technology and advancements with minimal invasive spine procedures, implants for pain control, and evidence based integrative medicine. Please go to websites for our practices in center for interventional pain and ageless md mainline.

I trained at University of Pennsylvania and was an assistant professor before I went into private practice. We are involved in clinical research, write chapters and textbooks, and active in the medical societies with lectures and policy at a national level. We are involved in international and national consensus panel for neurostimulation and intrathecal drug therapies.

I have been listed as TOP Doctor by multiple groups in DE and PA in pain medicine and anesthesiology.  My best awards are from my patients that comment that "I gave them my life back.

Our practice is multidisciplinary with attempting to offer a comprehensive approach to spine and pain problems. As much as we offer the minimal invasive and interventional approach, we seek to find the cause of your pain and offer solutions outside of surgery. Integrative medicine approach is now part of our practice.

My training continues as I am getting a masters in integrative medicine at University of South Florida and received advanced fellowship training at anti-aging and regenerative medical society.

I am active in martial arts and triathlons as long as my wife allows me to train.

Dr. Kim's Care Philosophy

Provide a caring and honest assessment of one's condition. I will tell the current treatment options and offer experimental or cutting edge options. If I do not know, I will tell you. If I need to, I will sent you to other consultants to give you a comprehensive and complete assessment of your pain and condition.

I value your input and will ask you what you want us to you. We try to be an advocate and want patient to take on personal responsibility of their conditions. I will always educate and will to take time if needed to take care of you. Come prepared and I will answer. WE have an excellent team of providers and staff and will try to best help you.

Please bring your medical records, list of providers with phone numbers and addresses, and list of medications.

We wlll try to be efficient and if my office cannot answer, I will call back myself.

We want to offer dignity, compassion, and respect. We will maintain our hippocratic oath.

spinal injections

neurotomies

kyphoplasty

spinal cord stimulation trial and implant.

intrathecal pain and spasticity pumps