Dr. Philip Kim, MD

Dr. Philip Kim, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

CHRISTIANA CARE BREAST CENTER 4701 Ogletown Stanton Rd Newark, DE 19713 Get Directions

Provide a caring and honest assessment of one's condition. I will tell the current treatment options and offer experimental or cutting edge options. If I do not know, I will tell you. If I need to, I will sent you to other consultants to give you a comprehensive and complete assessment of your pain and condition.

I value your input and will ask you what you want us to you. We try to be an advocate and want patient to take on personal responsibility of their conditions. I will always educate and will to take time if needed to take care of you. Come prepared and I will answer. WE have an excellent team of providers and staff and will try to best help you.

Please bring your medical records, list of providers with phone numbers and addresses, and list of medications.

We wlll try to be efficient and if my office cannot answer, I will call back myself.

We want to offer dignity, compassion, and respect. We will maintain our hippocratic oath.

I strive the offer the best for my patients in the management of chronic pain, spasticity, and integrative medicine. With my group, we offer the cutting edge technology and advancements with minimal invasive spine procedures, implants for pain control, and evidence based integrative medicine. Please go to websites for our practices in center for interventional pain and ageless md mainline. I trained at University of Pennsylvania and was an assistant professor before I went into private practice. We are involved in clinical research, write chapters and textbooks, and active in the medical societies with lectures and policy at a national level. We are involved in international and national consensus panel for neurostimulation and intrathecal drug therapies. I have been listed as TOP Doctor by multiple groups in DE and PA in pain medicine and anesthesiology. My best awards are from my patients that comment that "I gave them my life back. Our practice is multidisciplinary with attempting to offer a comprehensive approach to spine and pain problems. As much as we offer the minimal invasive and interventional approach, we seek to find the cause of your pain and offer solutions outside of surgery. Integrative medicine approach is now part of our practice. My training continues as I am getting a masters in integrative medicine at University of South Florida and received advanced fellowship training at anti-aging and regenerative medical society. I am active in martial arts and triathlons as long as my wife allows me to train.

Dr. Kim's Experience

See how Dr. Kim's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Kim has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kim to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Kim Says:

Dr. Kim's Performance
Wilmington, DE |
I was referred to him by my spine doctor. I left 3 messages over a period of 5 days and never did get a return call.
in Wilmington, DE |
After surgery a month ago to replace a Medtronic pump. I was walking into his office two weeks later for the first time without my wheelchair. He gave me my life back. Still recovering but after a 4yr wait to find a doctor who I trusted to do it, I am so grateful it was him. Helped me get off all the pills and is helping me control what I can with natural ways to reduce inflammation internally. He's a no nonsense doctor. Tells you exactly what's needed and not.
Newark, DE |
Love Dr. Kim however, his office staff leaves alot to be desired. For the fourth time today, I showed up for my appointment and my appointment wasn't on the schedule. I have learned to take my appointment card with me to show that I was really scheduled for the appointment. The staff has up to 48 hours to return your call and rarely have I received a return call. I showed up for surgery and couldn't have it performed because the staff never returned my call to answer questions.
Oxford, PA |
Dr. Kim came into office with an attitude to begin with. We instantly felt uneasy when he spoke to us as if we were waisting his time. We were there for a consult for wife's pain medicine mngmnt. (an elective appointment). He continues to compare her teeth lost to that of a Heroin Junky. Then he tells her that she cant possibly have pain in her back where she does. So when a question is posed to why the dr. is acting unprofessionally he states that my wife tested positive for Marijuana. QUACK!!
in Dallas, PA |
I was referred after developing meralgia parasthetica after abdominoplasty in June. Dr. Kim actually said, "Are you sure this didn't happen from a previous surgery 6 years ago? This didn't happen from your recent surgery." (I woke up with this pain immediately after abdominoplasty.) He tried to sell me cream for $1,000. He was rude. He actually shhhhed me and held his hand up to stop talking when I tried to answer his question. Very uncaring & obnoxious. I left his office in tears. Horrible.
in Dallas, PA |
I was referred to Dr. Kim by my plastic surgeon, post-abdominoplasty. I have meralgia parasthetica from my surgery. My surgeon insisted that I see Dr. Kim, he told me that he has experience with MP. The first words out of my mouth after surgery were, "I'm in pain. Why does my leg hurt?" Dr. Kim told me that my pain was infact not from my recent surgery, but from a surgery 6 years ago. He was rude. He kept telling me that I had this problem for 6 years, and tried to push me to buy $1,000 cream.
in havertown,PA |
Im not sure what office person was in, I have been a patient of Dr Kim in the Bryn Mawr office for years and found the staff to be extremely helpfil and friendly. I Have seen things change over the years on the way drs practice, however you can blame politics and insurance companys for m9st of that change not the drs....for the most part the drs hands are tied as to how they can help a patient.If your insurance wont pay for what u need take it up with them not Dr Kim.I wont go to anyone else
I was very pleased with Dr.Kim. He was honest with how he could help what he could do and what he could not do.He is truely caring and wants to help his patients by finding out the root of where the pain is coming from not just hand out pain medication.I think some of the reviews are unfair stating that the wait time is too long for appointments,however they want to be fit in to his schedule right away....you cant have it both ways.I would recommend Dr.Kim to anyone..He is one of the best Drs
in Felton, De |
Dr. Kim is always rushed because he is over booked. He is over booked because everyone wants or needs to see him immediately which lets you know that he is good at his job.
in Wilmington, De |
First appointment was great. Second appointment rushed, questions not answered. Never returns calls for persciption authorization was told point blank he's too busy and will not have his staff deal with insurance or pharmacy. Waited over 24 hours for an emergency call to the office and have yet to get a call back. I would not recommend this practice to those that have chronic pain and could require immediate response. Staff is rude and confrontational.
Have you seen Dr. Philip Kim, MD?
Are you Dr. Kim?

Compare Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim says...

I have been listed as TOP Doctor by multiple groups in DE and PA in pain medicine and anesthesiology.  My best awards are from my patients that comment that "I gave them my life back.

Dr. Kim's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kim says...

We offer all aspects of spine and pain care from conservative management to highly interventional approaches. WE are very conservative with pain medicines and realize the good, bad, and ugly with medications. We try to offer other approached including integrative medical approaches.

Our expertise in all injections, procedure, and minimal invasive surgical approaches is noted in the area. WE offer the advanced therapies in conjunction with rehabilitation and medical management.

spinal injections

neurotomies

kyphoplasty

spinal cord stimulation trial and implant.

intrathecal pain and spasticity pumps

Dr. Kim says...

Our practice tries to help everybody and sometimes we cannot help everybody. I try to be honest what is available and experimental. Over years, I have learn to be a better physician and understand that we are in difficulty situation with insurances and health care. We will not give up on trying to help patients as best we can. That is why we are active in clinical research and policy to help current and future patients.

Your positive and negative feedback are important to me and I will listen to it.

Dr. Kim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Delaware not available

Dr. Kim has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Delaware.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kim's Board Certifications

• Cancer Pain
  • Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Postoperative Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania

Completed in 1999

• Other Education
    University Of South Florida / College Of Medicine

Dr. Kim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine