Dr. Philip Henkin, MD

Dr. Philip Henkin, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. Philip Henkin, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

NeuroSpine Center

10740 Palm River Rd Ste 300

Tampa, FL 33619

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Henkin

See how frequently Dr. Henkin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lumbar Spine Fracture
Spine Fractures, Traumatic
Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)

Dr. Henkin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Brain Tumor
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari's Deformity

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy

• Duke University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Duke University Hospital-Neurological Surgery
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Henkin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Henkin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Henkin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Henkin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Henkin to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Henkin's Performance
in Mooresville, IN |
Dr Henkin did my back surgery he has a God gifted talent. i would highly recommend him for back surgery. I was lucky to have him as my surgery. Thank you Dr Henkin.
Lutz |
Dr. Henkin does not want to address if you have a "bad outcome". 2 weeks after anterior fusion, cage, plate, had new and worsening pain in one upper extremity. Only PA would call me back. Had to make several calls and finally Dr. Henkin called back and was extremely insulting, rude and showed no compassion what-so-ever. One visit by him prior to surgery. After surgery and 1st follow-up only with PA. 3 mo out: Back on same amt pain meds and seeing another NeuroSurgeon! BIG RED FLAG HERE!!
in Opelika, AL |
Awesome doctor. A Laser Spine Institute doctor had herniated my disk during a diskectomy. I had asked to be placed on a waiting list for an appointment on a Monday. They called later and asked me to be there the next afternoon at 5:30. I think they squeezed me in. I did not get to see him till 7:30 and he spent another hour and fifteen mins reviewing my records and talking to me. He then scheduled the surgery for that Friday after which I was immediately out of pain...And walking the next day
Orlando, FL |
Wait time was over 2 hours staff was very courteous however Dr Henkin was was rude showed no compassion I brought two disc of injury he never evaluated my pain insulted me said I need to loose weight I've been same size for over 7 years said surgery would only make me feel worse he never attempted to go over me I and mri and cat scan results I have spinal stenosis and building disc and arthritis he never touched me to feel my pained area just looked at me and wrote on his clip board 60 wasted??
Riverview, FL |
Two years ago he did a keyhole laminectomy. Did good for one year. Repeat MRI showed problem. Had surgeon redo where I work. He said previous surgeon had nicked the dura (covering for cord) which went on to create sever scar tissue that effected nerve root again. I think it is probably a complication but if you look it up being careful would help! Only saw surgeon on day he said he could help and day of surgery and 3 days later to take drain out. All other days were his PA only.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Henkin and his staff have literally given me my life back. When 3 other doctors said they couldn't help me, Dr. Henkin saw my problem, explained my options, explained the surgery to where I could understand it. Had surgery 2 months ago and I haven't felt this good in 11 years. He's usually running late for appointments but he spends a lot of time with you explaining everything. Will recommend him to everyone and anyone who has spine problems.
in Spring Hill, FL |
I was in bed for 2 years with severe back pain. A pain management doctor in Tampa referred me to Dr. Henkin saying that if anyone could help me, it would be Dr. Henkin. On my first visit he stated that my back was the worse he had seen in 17 years. But then he drew on paper what he thought he could do for me. He operated on my lumbar region & I am now over a year post op & I'm doing great. It was a miracle. I thank God for Dr. Henkin's ability to help me.
in Cumming, GA |
In my case, Dr. Henkin was a miracle worker! He performed a procedure on my lumbar spine and the horrible pain was gone. I walked out of the hospital 36 hours after a 4 1/2 hour surgery pain free.
in Plant City, FL |
I had severe scoliosis and stenosis . I am 63 years old and was very scared of having surgery . I did have surgery and have all the confidence in Dr. Henkin. He's straightened my spine and I have no more pain in my legs which was almost unbearable. I am very glad that I had the surgery and highly recommend Dr. Henkin.
Valrico, FL |
This is the most unprofessional, ridiculous joke of a doctor's office! Every time we've been there we have waited an hour and a half to two hours to get out of the waiting room! One gentleman was told he wouldn't be seen until 9pm when he had a 6:00 appointment. This doctor over books his patients which just means he's out for more money!
in Valrico, FL |
My Mom had back surgery about 3 years ago and has done very well... She is currently having a set back with pain in the same back area.. She was told by her primary physician to get an MRI which she did... Now is trying to get an appointment with Dr. Henkin and the office staff gave her an appt a month out.. When she tried to explain the urgency to this they became very rude... Dr. Henkin is very nice and I am very surprised that he lets his office receptionist act this way towards his patients
Tampa, FL |
I could hardly walk be for I saw Dr Henkin. I was in pain in my hips. Dr Henkin performed surgery and now I doing all the things I used to do with ease. Including heavy yard work.
in tampa,fl |
Dr Hinkin preformed surgery on my back approx four years ago. I was unable to walk prior. One day after surgery I was walking several blocks with zero pain. To this day ,am able to work and live a normal life. Thank You,Dr Hinkin Larry Musall,Tampa,Fl
in Odessa, FL |
Dr Henkn preformed a Keyhole Laminectomy on my L2-3 disc as an outpatient surgery. My results have been excellent. Dr Henkin was recommended by another Neurosurgeon. Dr Henkin's minimally evasive technique is by far better than the old method of cutting your back open with a 5 inch scar which I had in another area of my back by a different surgeon. My surgery is less than two months old and I am walking 6 miles a day and working out 3 times a week. Was walking a mile a week after surgery!!!
Lithia, FL |
Dr. Henkin, his associates, and staff demonstrated professionalism and provided exceptional medical treatment. Dr. Henkin always provided helpful information: at my evaluation, before the surgery, and to my wife after the surgery as I was recovering. The office staff also were able to provide timely answers, and they made scheduling go as well as possible under the circumstances. Most Most important, my surgery was successful, and it made a phenomenal impact on my functioning and well-being.
in Riverview, FL |
Excellent Surgeon; Excellent Staff; Great Experience I needed all of the above for my surgery... as I was in bad shape. Thanks
This man is a poor excuse for the word doctor with horrible patient bedside manner. Would recommend you to find any other neurosurgeon possible!
Have you seen Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
Are you Dr. Henkin?

Visit Dr. Henkin

Dr. Henkin accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA