Dr. Philip Henkin, MD

Dr. Philip Henkin, MD

Neurosurgery  ·

Dr. Philip Henkin, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Tampa, FL and has been practicing for 26 years. He specializes in neurosurgery and minimally invasive neurological spine surgery.Read his story

NeuroSpine Center

10740 Palm River Rd Ste 300

Tampa, FL 33619

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Medicare

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Henkin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Henkin's Top Procedures and Conditions

Spine Fractures, Traumatic

Dr. Henkin treats Spine Fractures, Traumatic more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Henkin treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)

Dr. Henkin performs Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy) more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Henkin performs this procedure more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Laminectomy

• Carpal Tunnel Release
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

"Dr. Philip Henkin is a neurosurgeon in Brandon, Florida. He received his medical degree from The Ohio State University College of Medicine and has been in practice for 16 years."

• Neurosurgery

4.716981132075472%

Dr. Henkin?
Dr. Henkin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Philip Henkin, MD
Dr. Henkin did carpal tunnel surgery on both my hands in December 2018 and January 2019. Also surgery on my neck in February of 2019. The surgery took four and a half hours and involved three levels & replacing three discs, & fusion, & a steel plate & screws. All the surgeries were completely successful with no complications and I have a new lease on life. He was always polite and professional. He's an exceptionally talented surgeon and I thank God every day that he was my surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
The staff at his office is very rude, unless you're checking out, of course. There is barley any follow up and they often don't return calls. I would not recommend this office. Very disorganized and they cancel appointments and have long wait times.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
Did not get to see the Doctor but found his office receptionist to be lacking people skills. She insisted that she had told my husband to bring his MRI disc when in fact she did not so therefore we could not go through with his scheduled appointment. We drove 45 minutes for this appointment. She did not display any type of empathy but was quite curt with her remarks. We are now scheduled with a different doctor. My husband had Henkin in the past and was pleased with his outcome, but staff..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
Yes, I waited quite some time on my first visit, but it was 100% worth it! He did surgery on my neck which I broke 7 months earlier and no other dr could find out - my neck was broken after a fall. I've got soooo much respect for this dr. Everybody is complaining about waiting for him, waiting for the appointment but he will tell you straight - there's nothing wrong or you have a problem!Thank you dr Henkin and staff! You were ALL amazing!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
My experience with Dr Henkin and his staff is a 5 star. The entire staff was there for any and all needs and requests I had. There are some waits to see him but, he is the go to DR. for this type of surgery so stays busy. I would choose Dr. Henkin again and again if I needed his type of surgery. The wait time question asked below depends on him finishing the surgery he is performing. I would not want him to rush through my surgery to start seeing other patients. Would you?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
Lets start off with the day of Surgery , Dr Henkin thinks he is so special he can not even show up for the Surgery on time because his time is more valuable then yours , that is shown in the time he expects you to sit in his office appointments at 2 and lucky to be seen by 7pm and on how many times he will also cancel your appointment when you are in route to his office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
I couldn't be more displeased in my care, both him and his office staff are impossible to get a hold of. His bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
At Brandon Regional Hospital, I spoke to several nurses who said that Dr Henkin is an excellent surgeon but has a poor bedside manner. None of his staff had the courtesy to meet with my family after the surgery. Hospitalized again a few days later, I was told that Dr Henkin must evaluate me before I could be released. The nursing staff called his office many times over 3 days and a different doctor finally released me. I waited over 2 1/2 hours at my follow-up appointment. He didn't show up.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
Had to wait 2hours 40 minutes to be called back for my appointment. I would have left had I not waited 2 months to see the doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
I would never recommend this doctor, in my opinion he is the worst.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
Dr Henkins is a Doctor, not GOD he does his best to help people. Sure the the end result might not always be 100% but hey your broke. Something that's broke is never 100% again. Most the time though it is better than what it was. I've had 5 back operations, total knee replacement surgery and other scoped, both e lbows operated on. Both ear drums ruptured and fixed. I'll stop there. Do I expect to be perfect 100% pain free. Id be an idiot to. I do expect the doctors like Henkin to do their best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
After weeks of crawling on hands and knees due to the pain of a Synovial Cyst between lumbar 4 & 5 vertebrae I consulted with Dr. Henkin and I'll never regret my decision. Through a very small incision Dr. Henkin was able to locate and remove the cyst. As soon as I recovered from anesthesia ALL pain was gone. Dr. Henkin is in high demand for good reason. He is very good at what he does and I'll not hesitate to recommend him to my friends, God Bless Dr; Henkinl
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
Dr Henkin did my back surgery he has a God gifted talent. i would highly recommend him for back surgery. I was lucky to have him as my surgery. Thank you Dr Henkin.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
Dr. Henkin does not want to address if you have a "bad outcome". 2 weeks after anterior fusion, cage, plate, had new and worsening pain in one upper extremity. Only PA would call me back. Had to make several calls and finally Dr. Henkin called back and was extremely insulting, rude and showed no compassion what-so-ever. One visit by him prior to surgery. After surgery and 1st follow-up only with PA. 3 mo out: Back on same amt pain meds and seeing another NeuroSurgeon! BIG RED FLAG HERE!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
Awesome doctor. A Laser Spine Institute doctor had herniated my disk during a diskectomy. I had asked to be placed on a waiting list for an appointment on a Monday. They called later and asked me to be there the next afternoon at 5:30. I think they squeezed me in. I did not get to see him till 7:30 and he spent another hour and fifteen mins reviewing my records and talking to me. He then scheduled the surgery for that Friday after which I was immediately out of pain...And walking the next day
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
Wait time was over 2 hours staff was very courteous however Dr Henkin was was rude showed no compassion I brought two disc of injury he never evaluated my pain insulted me said I need to loose weight I've been same size for over 7 years said surgery would only make me feel worse he never attempted to go over me I and mri and cat scan results I have spinal stenosis and building disc and arthritis he never touched me to feel my pained area just looked at me and wrote on his clip board 60 wasted??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
Two years ago he did a keyhole laminectomy. Did good for one year. Repeat MRI showed problem. Had surgeon redo where I work. He said previous surgeon had nicked the dura (covering for cord) which went on to create sever scar tissue that effected nerve root again. I think it is probably a complication but if you look it up being careful would help! Only saw surgeon on day he said he could help and day of surgery and 3 days later to take drain out. All other days were his PA only.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
Dr. Henkin and his staff have literally given me my life back. When 3 other doctors said they couldn't help me, Dr. Henkin saw my problem, explained my options, explained the surgery to where I could understand it. Had surgery 2 months ago and I haven't felt this good in 11 years. He's usually running late for appointments but he spends a lot of time with you explaining everything. Will recommend him to everyone and anyone who has spine problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
I was in bed for 2 years with severe back pain. A pain management doctor in Tampa referred me to Dr. Henkin saying that if anyone could help me, it would be Dr. Henkin. On my first visit he stated that my back was the worse he had seen in 17 years. But then he drew on paper what he thought he could do for me. He operated on my lumbar region & I am now over a year post op & I'm doing great. It was a miracle. I thank God for Dr. Henkin's ability to help me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philip Henkin, MD?
In my case, Dr. Henkin was a miracle worker! He performed a procedure on my lumbar spine and the horrible pain was gone. I walked out of the hospital 36 hours after a 4 1/2 hour surgery pain free.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Henkin?

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
AvMed
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP
Tricare
TriCare for Life

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Henkin treats patients.

South Bay Hospital