Dr. Philip Engel, DMD

Dr. Philip Engel, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  ·
Dr. Philip Engel, DMD is an oral & maxillofacial surgery specialist in New Brunswick, NJ and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from University of Pennsylvania / School of Dental Medicine in 1982 and practices oral & maxillofacial surgery.Read his story

109 Livingston Ave

New Brunswick, NJ 08901

Learn about Dr. Engel

See how frequently Dr. Engel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dr. Engel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Engel's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Engel "Dr. Philip Engel was born in New Jersey, and his father — who was also an oral surgeon — piqued his interest in dentistry. Dr. Engel has over 30 years of experience helping patients in his private practice as well as in hospital settings. He is chief of the Department of Dentistry and Oral Surgery at Robert Wood Johnson University and an Assistant Clinical Professor at Rutgers Medical School. He is also on staff at St. Peters University Hospital."

This content was provided by Dr. Engel "I feel that communication is one of the most important aspects of treatment, and I think giving people more information helps patients make more informed healthcare decision. I'm dedicated to providing my patients with quality, continuous care throughout their treatment, and enjoy getting to know each of my patients on a personal level as we work to achieve their best outcome."

1  Practice Areas

• Jaw Cyst
  • Jaw Irregularities
  • Jaw Tumor
  • Tempormandibular Joint Pain

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Vanderbilt University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1978
  • University of Pennsylvania / School of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Rutgers University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • University of Pennsylvania
    Other Education | Completed 1982

Dr. Engel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Engel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Engel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Engel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Engel to family and friends

Dr. Engel's Performance

The middlesex team bedside manners is soothing! I highly recommend this practice doesn't even feel like i had surgery this morning! thank you Dr Engel
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Simply the best. I. Arrived here by accident and can not believe how awesome he is about everything.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible, Fran. Our entire staff strives to give each and every patient the best possible experience and outcome, and it means the world to us when we receive feedback likes yours. Please consider liking our Facebook page to stay in the know on our practice's updates and the people you have gotten to know while visiting us. https://www.facebook.com/NJoralsurgerygroup/. Again, we appreciate the recommendation!

I had a tooth extracted by Dr.Engel and he was great. He's very friendly. When we first spoke he made me feel very comfortable. During the procedure he was very gentle, very professional. I would definitely recommend Dr.Engel.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Please tell your friends and family!

Met Dr Engel for the first time today and I must say he was very pleasant and kind with me including his staff. He accommodated me right away since it was an emergency and I had an abscess that had to be drained. He explained the procedure in detail along with the oral surgery that I will have in 2...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I had my tooth removed today and was provided with excellent dental surgery by Dr. Engel. I would highly recommend the Orgal Surgery Group P.A.