Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Philip Engel, DMD
Dr. Philip Engel was born in New Jersey, and his father — who was also an oral surgeon — piqued his interest in dentistry. Dr. Engel has over 30 years of experience helping patients in his private practice as well as in hospital settings. He is chief of the Department of Dentistry and Oral Surgery at Robert Wood Johnson University and an Assistant Clinical Professor at Rutgers Medical School. He is also on staff at St. Peters University Hospital.

Oral Surgery Group

109 Livingston Ave

Learn about Dr. Engel

I feel that communication is one of the most important aspects of treatment, and I think giving people more information helps patients make more informed healthcare decision. I'm dedicated to providing my patients with quality, continuous care throughout their treatment, and enjoy getting to know each of my patients on a personal level as we work to achieve their best outcome.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Orthognathic Surgery
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Vanderbilt University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1978
  • University Of Pennsylvania / School Of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Rutgers University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • University Of Pennsylvania
    Other Education | Completed 1982

Dr. Engel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Engel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Engel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Engel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Engel to family and friends
Dr. Engel's Performance
in South Plainfield, NJ |
Simply the best. I. Arrived here by accident and can not believe how awesome he is about everything.
It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible, Fran. Our entire staff strives to give each and every patient the best possible experience and outcome, and it means the world to us when we receive feedback likes yours. Please consider liking our Facebook page to stay in the know on our practice's updates and the people you have gotten to know while visiting us. https://www.facebook.com/NJoralsurgerygroup/. Again, we appreciate the recommendation!
in Edison |
I had a tooth extracted by Dr.Engel and he was great. He's very friendly. When we first spoke he made me feel very comfortable. During the procedure he was very gentle, very professional. I would definitely recommend Dr.Engel.
It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Please tell your friends and family!
in Sayreville, NJ |
Met Dr Engel for the first time today and I must say he was very pleasant and kind with me including his staff. He accommodated me right away since it was an emergency and I had an abscess that had to be drained. He explained the procedure in detail along with the oral surgery that I will have in 2 weeks.I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Rauch as well some time back and he treated me w/ TLC too. I would highly recommend Oral Surgery Group P.A. and I look forward to seeing them in the future ??
South River, NJ |
I had my tooth removed today and was provided with excellent dental surgery by Dr. Engel. I would highly recommend the Orgal Surgery Group P.A.
in Dayton, NJ |
Just a very cool Dr. to meet and work with. He really does a great job of explaining & performing the procedures while ensuring your full level of confidence. My sessions have been wonderful & all healing/ results to date have been spot-on. I really am looking forward to the rest of the journey and teamed with a great staff you do forget that you ARE going into SURGERY. Well Dr. Engel & the team truly makes the experience go very smooth. All the best guys and thank you. Highly recommended
Have you seen Dr. Philip Engel, DMD?

Visit Dr. Engel

Hospitals where Dr. Engel has admitting privileges

RWJ University Hospital New Brunswick
1 Robert Wood Johnson Pl
Saint Peter's University Hospital
254 Easton Ave
New Brunswick, NJ 08901

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Orthodontics