Neurology  |
Dr. Philip Blum, MD
Dr. Philip Blum, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Blum is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center.

915 Gessner Rd Ste 750

Houston, TX 77024

Dr. Philip Blum, MD

• Direct Care America/Primary Health Services (DCA/PHS)
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
  • National Preferred Provider Network
  • One Health
  • PHCS

Learn about Dr. Blum

See how frequently Dr. Blum performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Polyneuropathy
Peripheral Nerve Disorders
Trigeminal Neuralgia

Dr. Blum's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Blum "Dr. Blum strongly endorses ethical principles of medicine and actively practices patient and family centered care. Tests, treatments, and the overall goals of care are carefully planned in partnership with the patient and family."

• Neurology

• Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Movement Disorders
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myasthenic Syndromes
  • Myoclonus
  • Myositis
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Diseases
  • Nerve Injury
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuritis
  • Syphilis Infections
  • Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Georgetown University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • University Of Maryland-College Park
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Blum has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Blum does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Blum and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Blum's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Blum to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Blum's Performance
in Houston, TX |
Dr Blum sincerely does not care for your well being. His ego prohibits him from spending quality time with the patient to understand their needs and is overall rude and insincere in his bedside manner. To NOT trust him for your healthcare needs.
Houston, TX |
Would strongly not recommend Dr Blum who lacks any respect for his patients or their family members. During our last visit for dementia of our parent, he had the audacity to refer to him as "crazy" multiple times in his presence. Then he stated he needs "antipsychotic medication as you are crazy." Why kind of doctor provides this kind of bedside manner? The amount of time he spent with us was less than 5 minutes and was prescribing drugs as a solution. Do NOT trust this doctor!
Rosenberg, TX |
This doctor is dangerously arrogant and incompetent. I had a sudden onset of nerve issues and blinding, stroke-like head pain. Without any preamble he sat down and told me that I was overweight and was either diabetic or pre-diabetic and had neuropathy and my only course of action was to lose weight. He ordered blood work, nothing else. Said he knew it wasn't a tumor because the avg. life expectancy was 3 mos so I would have been dead already. Blood neg for diabetes. Find another Dr!
in Houston, TX |
I have seen Dr. Blum for a pre-op evaluation and adore him. He is thorough, compassionate, and takes time to explain everything to his patient. I will be scheduling another appointment due to a questionable medical condition which falls under his specialty. I would highly recommend Dr. Blum to anyone.........he is super!
Arrogant, doesn't like being questioned. Inconsiderate to patient's concerns. Avoid this doctor.
in Houston TX |
I have not had an appointment with Dr. Blum. I would like too. However the process is extremely difficult. I have been calling for 4 days. Each day the operator tells me that Erika will call me back and set me up with an appointment. Four days later, and 5 calls, I still have not heard from Erika and do not have an appointment. I have never in my life had this much difficulty getting an appointment with a doctor. Their operating system definitely needs attention. I'm very frustrated!
in Houston, TX |
THE BEST! I have never left a review for a physician before but Dr. Blum is definitely a standout. I have seen multiple specialists in three different states -- only one of them was any good (now deceased), and now Dr. Blum too. Excellent bedside manner. He asked the right questions, at the right time and in the right way to get the answers he needed. I have total confidence that his treatment protocol will do the trick. After 30 years of suffering I finally found someone to help!
Houston, TX |
I've never reviewed a doctor before (I'm not even sure I've reviewed a restaurant before), but I felt compelled to after meeting with Dr. Blum. I was recently hospitalized due to some (seemingly) neurological issue. The hospital neurologist was not able to diagnose me, but within minutes after meeting Dr. Blum, he accurately diagnosed me. His thoroughness, calm demeanor, and amazing listening skills are exactly what I want in a doctor. I was so impressed - thank you, Dr. Blum!!
in Houston, TX |
The best doctors visit I have ever experienced. When I arrived I only had to wait around 5 minutes before seeing Dr. Blum. The staff was very friendly and offered me water while I was waiting. Dr. Blum was very friendly as well and actually took the time to explain my condition and the possible treatment options for it in detail. He also addressed all of my questions and concerns.
in Houston, TX |
This is not a negative evaluation of Dr. Blum. Due to the extreme incompetence of his office staff -- particularly his scheduler, Dariella -- I never got to see Dr. Blum. Over three days I called five times to try to confirm insurance coverage, get new patient forms, and schedule an appointment; but no one seemed able to follow through because Dariella was unavailable. When I finally reached her, she said she would e-mail the forms right away. She never did, so I called a different neurologist
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Blum is the FIRST Neurologist that I would recommend to ANYONE. He is very personable and made me feel very comfortable at my first meeting with him. He is very understanding and listened carefully to any questions or concerns that I had. He has a vast knowledge of Parkinson's Disease, for which I saw him for. I am looking forward to my next appointment with him.
Houston, TX |
Rude, arrogant, dismissive. Horrible bedside manner. Running his practice like an assembly line.
in Houston, TX |
I felt that he was extremely knowledgeable about my condition. He took the necessary time to answer of all our questions, and we did not feel rushed. Professional yet very caring. I feel that I am in good hands.
Have you seen Dr. Philip Blum, MD?
Are you Dr. Blum?

Visit Dr. Blum

Dr. Blum accepts 19 insurance carriers
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • Direct Care America/Primary Health Services (DCA/PHS)
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA