Dr. Philip Adelman, MD

Dr. Philip Adelman, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Philip Adelman, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Paoli, PA. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

21 Industrial Blvd Ste 205

Paoli, PA 19301

• Amerihealth
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Adelman

See how frequently Dr. Adelman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetic Polyneuropathy
Polyneuropathy
Brain Disorders

Dr. Adelman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Febrile Convulsion
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Rush Presby St Lukes Med Ct
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Rush Presby St Lukes Med Ct
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Adelman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Adelman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Adelman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Adelman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Adelman to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Adelman's Performance
Downingtown |
Worse Nerologist Ever !!! Do not go !!! I needed them to send a paper to my insurance to get it approved for the pharmacy. They kept telling me the paper has been sent but it wasn't. Finally they sent it and paper wasn't filled out correctly. Absoluty ridiculous.. took me a week to get a refill ... since I was short on pills I ended having to pay for pills from pocket since i have seizures if i forget one day. Front desk is awful ! Every women there should be fired. Extreme attitude on phone.
Exton, PA |
Rude and refuses to fill out paper work. Asked him multiple times a day to fill out my disability paper work and he never called back and gave me the run around for weeks. Finally he called and refuses to fill it out and acted like there was nothing wrong with me. Don't go and don't recommend.
Reading, PA |
He had been working with my wife, who suffers from chronic migraines, for about 5 months. After a recent ER visit for migraines we were instructed to let Dr. Adelman know of the visit and follow up. During the follow up call he pretended to not know that he had been treating her and did not offer to help or schedule an appointment. His staff is fantastic, especially Chris his assistant, but I'm very disappointed in his personal treatment of his patients. I would not recommend him.
Malvern, PA |
I've seen over 30 different MD's in the area over the last decade to address various family and personal medical concerns. Dr. Adelman was by far the most rude, dismissive and arrogant doctor I have ever met. Now I know why his availability is much better relative to other local neurologists. A colossal waste of time.
Malvern, PA |
I found Dr. Adelman to be very thoughtful when approaching my complaint. He looked at me when he spoke instead of his computer. He had reviewed my records prior to seeing me, so he understood what had already been tried by other doctors. His wait time would frustrate me at first, until I realized it was because he spends so much time with each of his patients. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a neurologist.
in Glenmoore, PA |
Sent the wrong prescription to the pharmacy TWICE in one day, which led to medical complications on my end. Needed ONE sheet of paperwork signed by him and had to call twice a day every day for two weeks until I was able to have it signed. Holds prescriptions for ransom. Sat for an hour past my appointment time then he came out and had casual conversation with reception about his ski trip in Vermont and kept me waiting longer. Cut me off and ushered me out of his office when I politely tried to
in West Chester, PA |
I went to Dr. Adelman for post concussive care after a car accident including daily headaches and migraines. He made me feel like nothing short of a bother and come to find out from my current neurologist, was never actually treating my headaches and migraines. When I brought my disability paperwork to him, he threw a tantrum in the office in front of me. Do not waste your time or money on someone who is arrogant, will not listen to you explain your concerns, and will not treat your symptoms!
in Toughkenamon, PA |
I cannot believe how rude the people in the office are. I called on Monday morning to have a script for a non narcotic refilled and stated that I have had a migraine since Saturday only to be told in a condescending way that the refill request could take from 5-7 days. It was almost like the individual on the other end got off on telling me that. Seriously when someone has a migraine the last thing they want to hear is some ignorant secretary. The doctor needs to find some new staff
in West Chester, PA |
I have been seeing Dr. A for two years to treat chronic migraines. I do not feel as though any progress has been made regarding treatment,the cause or prevention of them. I do however like that he has not pushed narcotic medication on me like many doctors attempt to. My biggest issue is the front desk staff and their rude attitudes, well one in particular! I do not know why Dr. A puts up with this. If I were the boss they would be getting an attitude check and looking for a career
Have you seen Dr. Philip Adelman, MD?
Are you Dr. Adelman?