Dr. Philip Adelman, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 64

Dr. Philip Adelman, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Paoli, PA and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Adelman has more experience with Epilepsy and Headache than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Rush Medical College medical school in 1983. He is affiliated with medical facilities Paoli Hospital and Phoenixville Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Adelman to book an appointment.

Neuro Care

21 Industrial Blvd Ste 205 Paoli, PA 19301
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Neurology Specialists

Compare Dr. Adelman with our nearby Neurology Specialists at Jefferson Abington Hospital.

Make an appointment at Jefferson Abington Hospital today at (215) 596-4838.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Jefferson Abington Hospital.

Dr. Adelman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Adelman

2.4

Dr. Adelman
Attentive at appointment but dropped the ball afterwards. No return call after repeated messages. Did not respond to insurance company request with more info to get pre-authorization for an MRI. I don't recommend this doctor. What a waste of time and money.
Ma Ha – Dec 11, 2020
I went to Dr. Adelman around 2 years ago for daily headaches. He seemed nice enough then and prescribed me aimovig, which didn’t help at all. I’m a sufferer of severe depression and have been finishing up college since that visit. I was too upset and busy to visit him again until this last September, almost 2 years since my last appointment. He was extremely rude about my coming back after so long. Instead of welcoming me back, he questioned if my pain was actually real because “I just can’t imagine not coming back if you’re suffering so much”. He made both me and my mom really uncomfortable and really hurt my feelings. When I tried to explain that I have depression and couldn’t come back because of it, he seemed to think that my antidepressant should just magically cure me and that I must be making things up. Terrible doctor and terrible experience. Please don’t visit him.
Emma Benevides – Nov 19, 2020
Very poor bedside manner. Could be quite condescending and cold. After 4-5 visits with him, he hadn’t yet provided me with any sort of plan of action for my recovery from a TBI. When I requested that he speak with my insurance company to request additional physical therapy visits (which he recommended I receive), he told me he was too busy to provide that much individual attention for just one patient. I interpreted this to mean either he didn’t consider me to be valuable enough as a patient because my insurance wasn’t high end, or that he was just that consumed with his own self importance. Caring for patients means more than just asking them to stand on one leg to check for balance and writing scripts. The way he practices medicine is outdated. I found a better neurologist who was able to do in one visit what Dr. Adelman couldn’t do in 5 visits.
Aug 17, 2020
Dr. A is dangerous. He is guilty of over-prescribing opiates without checking to see what other medications are being taken. Would give zero stars if possible.
Anonymous – May 27, 2020
It was my first visit with Dr. Adelman and it will be last. I can’t believe how mean and hypocrite a doctor can be. Even 0 is too much for him. It was a video visit because of the pandemic. At the beginning he listen at my concern – I’ve been in this condition for more than 1 year and a half and all specialist directed me to neurologist, since there was nothing wrong in their fields. Suddenly, Dr. Adelman said that my family doctor will follow up with me and disconnected the call. No word, no understanding, no prescription, no attention. After waiting a week, I understood that Dr. Adelman didn’t give my doctor any instructions. He realized that I am not a profitable patient. Later I found out in my insurance book of providers that he was listed under Neurologist, Psychiatrist and Psychologist! It is a shame for this profession. How more greedy non-caring, irresponsible, this so called doctor could be? Shame!
Apr 05, 2020
Dr Adelman is cutting edge and current. Not your typical, just keep prescribing and not look for a solution. He is straight forward and honest.
John Zwirzina – Feb 01, 2020
Doctor Adelman I a kind, caring and honest. He goes above and beyond with helping his patient.
Joseph Burke – Feb 01, 2020
I had one visit only with my disabled , seizure prone grown daughter. Adelman was rude , ignorant about her Medication “ never heard of this “ , made no eye contact with either my daughter or me. He actually seemed on some unnatural manic high, which frightened me. Never , ever I The world would I recommend him,. I would only warn you. Can I rate him zero?
Berwyn , PA – Dec 05, 2019
Dr. Adelman has great knowledge and experience of Parkinsons and his field. He gives personal attention and treats his patient with respect. However, the office manager is rude. They cancelled an appointment and just left a message which we never received. Uncaring office manager (Reve) has ruined the experience.
Oct 25, 2019
Cold pompus and extremely arrogant
May 23, 2019
Can we chose LESS THAN ONE STAR? Refill request was denied by office. Yet I get a call from previously used pharmacy that a refill was waiting pick up. They denied the refill. Yet someone refilled it. And didn’t call me. The pharmacy they sent it to was 1.5 hours from my current home. Dr. Adelman is a SNIT. I desperate to see a neurologist. Red flag should have come up because he was “too available” Find another neurologist. Trust me.
MJ in Exton – Dec 20, 2017
Worse Nerologist Ever !!! Do not go !!! I needed them to send a paper to my insurance to get it approved for the pharmacy. They kept telling me the paper has been sent but it wasn't. Finally they sent it and paper wasn't filled out correctly. Absoluty ridiculous.. took me a week to get a refill ... since I was short on pills I ended having to pay for pills from pocket since i have seizures if i forget one day. Front desk is awful ! Every women there should be fired. Extreme attitude on phone.
Downingtown – Nov 16, 2017
Rude and refuses to fill out paper work. Asked him multiple times a day to fill out my disability paper work and he never called back and gave me the run around for weeks. Finally he called and refuses to fill it out and acted like there was nothing wrong with me. Don't go and don't recommend.
Exton, PA – Sep 15, 2017
He had been working with my wife, who suffers from chronic migraines, for about 5 months. After a recent ER visit for migraines we were instructed to let Dr. Adelman know of the visit and follow up. During the follow up call he pretended to not know that he had been treating her and did not offer to help or schedule an appointment. His staff is fantastic, especially Chris his assistant, but I'm very disappointed in his personal treatment of his patients. I would not recommend him.
Reading, PA – Aug 04, 2017
I've seen over 30 different MD's in the area over the last decade to address various family and personal medical concerns. Dr. Adelman was by far the most rude, dismissive and arrogant doctor I have ever met. Now I know why his availability is much better relative to other local neurologists. A colossal waste of time.
Malvern, PA – Mar 16, 2017
I found Dr. Adelman to be very thoughtful when approaching my complaint. He looked at me when he spoke instead of his computer. He had reviewed my records prior to seeing me, so he understood what had already been tried by other doctors. His wait time would frustrate me at first, until I realized it was because he spends so much time with each of his patients. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a neurologist.
Malvern, PA – Feb 28, 2017
Sent the wrong prescription to the pharmacy TWICE in one day, which led to medical complications on my end. Needed ONE sheet of paperwork signed by him and had to call twice a day every day for two weeks until I was able to have it signed. Holds prescriptions for ransom. Sat for an hour past my appointment time then he came out and had casual conversation with reception about his ski trip in Vermont and kept me waiting longer. Cut me off and ushered me out of his office when I politely tried to
TC in Glenmoore, PA – Jan 14, 2017
I went to Dr. Adelman for post concussive care after a car accident including daily headaches and migraines. He made me feel like nothing short of a bother and come to find out from my current neurologist, was never actually treating my headaches and migraines. When I brought my disability paperwork to him, he threw a tantrum in the office in front of me. Do not waste your time or money on someone who is arrogant, will not listen to you explain your concerns, and will not treat your symptoms!
Unsatisfied Patient in West Chester, PA – Jan 13, 2017
I cannot believe how rude the people in the office are. I called on Monday morning to have a script for a non narcotic refilled and stated that I have had a migraine since Saturday only to be told in a condescending way that the refill request could take from 5-7 days. It was almost like the individual on the other end got off on telling me that. Seriously when someone has a migraine the last thing they want to hear is some ignorant secretary. The doctor needs to find some new staff
Mark Migraine in Toughkenamon, PA – Aug 15, 2016
I have been seeing Dr. A for two years to treat chronic migraines. I do not feel as though any progress has been made regarding treatment,the cause or prevention of them. I do however like that he has not pushed narcotic medication on me like many doctors attempt to. My biggest issue is the front desk staff and their rude attitudes, well one in particular! I do not know why Dr. A puts up with this. If I were the boss they would be getting an attitude check and looking for a career
Kristin Long in West Chester, PA – Mar 15, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Adelman?

• Neurology