Dr. Philantha Kon, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female

Dr. Kon

Allan Comeau

2001 S Barrington Ave Ste 300 Los Angeles, CA 90025

Dr. Philantha Kon, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Los Angeles, CA. She graduated from Loma Linda University School Of Medicine and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Kon accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Kon's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kon's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kon

3.0

Dr. Kon?
Dr. Kon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Philantha Kon, MD
This doctor is a scam. I went to her for my son. Her web site was very impressive. I liked that she had a whole body approach. What a scam. She didn't even address anything but prescribing my son's old medicine that didn't work the last time he tried it, and she even knew this!! He fees are exorbitant, not worth it at all! She even charged me $400.00 to tell me to take him off the meds that weren't working as if I need someone to tell me that. Please, do not go tho this woman. She is just awful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philantha Kon, MD?
Didn't even make it past the "appointment" phase. Dr. Kon came highly recommended but was cold and dismissive on the phone - like she was doing us a favor by taking an appointment three months out. She also unscheduled our appointment when we didn't return the paperwork within 7 days of receiving. I tried to explain that we had evacuated because of the fires but she didn't care. So dissapointing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philantha Kon, MD?
Dr. Kon is exceptionally caring and compassionate. She's very easy to talk to, and she kept every promise she made to me. She asks and answers questions thoughtfully. She's sharp and experienced without arrogance. I highly recommend Dr. Kon and her comprehensive approach to mental health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philantha Kon, MD?
Many red flags as a professional. She made promises she could not keep. "I promise, no happy pills". She was always at least 20 minutes late to each appointment. She prescribes medication to adolescents without explaining to them what the medication is or what it will do, including possible side effects. She urges her patients "You have to try it" even though she has not explained to her patient the reason they were prescribed or why they must take it. I will never allow my child near her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Philantha Kon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kon?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry