Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Peter Wong, MD
I appreciate the opportunity to care for patients. Since I was five years old I knew I wanted to be a physician. Being a physician is a calling and a blessing from God. My goal is to provide the best and compassionate care to all people. Everyday I am growing into a better physician from patient interaction and learning from the latest medical information. If I can provide a better service to you please do not hesitate to let me know.

1031 Care Way

Fredericksburg, VA 22401

Dr. Peter Wong, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Wong

I respect everyone and enjoy working with people of different backgrounds.  I take care of one patient at a time.  Each patient is unique and special.  I want everyone to have a comfortable and pleasant experience and to be afraid about your health.  Together you can get better.

Dr. Wong's Experience

Dr. Wong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Biliary Drainage
  • Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Fecal Impaction Removal
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Universith Of Virginia
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Walter Reed Army Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Walter Reed Army Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Brooke Army Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Wong has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Wong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wong to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Wong Says:

Taking care of one patient at a time

Dr. Wong's Performance
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Dr. Wong is a very caring personal doctor whom is very thorough and will take the time necessary to listen to you answer your questions and explain results in great detail. We highly recommend him for your gastrointeroly needs.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Dr. Wong provides outstanding service. Very attentive to needs of the patient. Thoroughly explains all aspects of the issue at hand as well as provides recommendations and options. I am please with the follow-up calls. Reassuring to the patient.... that he cares about their well-being. Highly recommended
Fredericksburg, VA |
Dr Wong takes the time to discuss the recommended procedures and options. He also personally follows up with the patient by phone calls after procedures making sure that you are doing well and advising of the results.
New York, NY |
I had one colonoscopy after another. Have had severe bleeding which led to another colonoscopy. No treatment except instructed to eat more fiber. Have suffered for years. Was dismissed as a patient after all this. Looking forward to seeing another Dr. at another practice. I would not recommend this practice or Dr. Wong to anyone. Required to give at least one star or I would have given zero.
I regret this is your perception of the care you received. Based upon the reference to New York and the few details you have provided I believe I recall your case. While you are no longer a patient of our practice, I do hope you have followed up on on the recommendations I made for further care, which are more extensive than what you've noted. I am sorry you were not satisfied with your experience here, as we always strive to provide the best care and service to our patients.
in Stafford |
Dr Peter Wong is one of the best doctors. Would recommend him to any of my friends and family.
in Stafford, VA |
Dr. Wong has been my Gastroenterologist for almost 8 years. He's a superb doctor, always checks on me after one of my procedures--without fail--and I trust his judgment implicitly. I always recommend Dr. Wong to any of my friends looking for a gastroenterologist, or any of them that are afraid to have a colonoscopy. To me, he is the best.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
As a 51 year old female, I presented with blood in stool, and gerd issues. Dr. Wong and his staff were like a well oiled machine with everything running smooth from scheduling a colonoscopy and EGD withing 10 days. The colonoscopy & EGD procedure was great. The staff were well informed, and gladly helped with the prep, Suprep. My pharmacy took two weeks off during the Christmas holiday and at the last minute, the staff assisted in giving me that prep and explained how to use it.
in Annandale, VA |
Dr. Wong was very professional and provide careful attention to my needs. He took the time to discuss the procedure and walk through any concerns I may have had. I am very impress with the way he conducted my colonoscopy. I would highly recommend other patients to visit him.
in Mc Lean, VA |
I used to think a colonoscopy is horrible and gross - both the prep and the procedure. Then I met Dr. Peter Wong, a gastroenterologist (GI) who does more than 700 colonoscopies a year, guided me through my first colonoscopy at 50. The drinking the lovely laxative solution was ok at first, but drinking liter after liter of liquid within an hour was quite difficult. The procedure itself was a breeze. The IV was wonderful – nice, deep sleep leaving me with no memory of the procedure whatsoever.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Dr. Wong is a caring and thoughtful physician. I know from other physicians that he quite often is sent patients from other MD's for consultation.
in Alexandria |
I went to see Dr.Wong for multiple colonoscopies. Every time I went, him and his staff were very friendly and the practice he had was very clean and organized. He explained the procedures very clearly and made me to me and I felt very comfortable with talking with him and his staff about any concerns and questions for my procedure and after.
Fredericksburg, Virginia |
Have to wait weeks for an appoinmtet, then he is usually running an hour or more behind and spends maybe 3 minutes with me when I finally see him. He then says he needs another colonoscopy - which is all I ever get. No treatment, no help. I also find it very difficult to understand what he is saying. Have been suffering for years, had several surgeries, but no treatment or help from him. Need a doctor who will do more than one colonoscopy after another with nothing to show for it except more bi
Fredericksburg, VA |
I have acid reflex. Dr wong ordered All the diagnostic tests which I believed to be used to treat my problem. When all was said and done he told me what I already knew and prescribed nexium. why go through all the years needed to specialize and then use zero of your training, but instead give me a pill that does nothing but cover my symtoms and drastically change my digestive functions. This is the wrong Dr for me.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Wong, MD?

Visit Dr. Wong

Dr. Wong accepts 5 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Wong has admitting privileges