Dr. Peter Wong, MD

Dr. Peter Wong, MD

Gastroenterology  ·
Dr. Peter Wong, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Fredericksburg, VA and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from Universith Of Virginia in 1992 and specializes in gastroenterology and internal medicine.Read his story

1031 Care Way

Fredericksburg, VA 22401

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Wong

See how frequently Dr. Wong performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Reflux Esophagitis
Esophagitis
Esophageal Diseases

Dr. Wong's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Wong's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Wong "I appreciate the opportunity to care for patients. Since I was five years old I knew I wanted to be a physician. Being a physician is a calling and a blessing from God. My goal is to provide the best and compassionate care to all people. Everyday I am growing into a better physician from patient interaction and learning from the latest medical information. If I can provide a better service to you please do not hesitate to let me know. "

This content was provided by Dr. Wong "I respect everyone and enjoy working with people of different backgrounds.  I take care of one patient at a time.  Each patient is unique and special.  I want everyone to have a comfortable and pleasant experience and to be afraid about your health.  Together you can get better."

• Gastroenterology

• Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Fecal Impaction Removal
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Manometry
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Universith Of Virginia
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Walter Reed Army Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Walter Reed Army Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Brooke Army Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Wong has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wong's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wong to family and friends

Dr. Wong's Performance

Dr. Wong Says:
"

Taking care of one patient at a time

"

Dr. Wong is both my wife's and my GI doctor. He is exceptional. I have had other GI's in the past but Dr. Wong is the very best. He is incredibly thorough and is always looking for ways to improve care. We could not be happier to be under Dr. Wong's care.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Wong is a very caring personal doctor whom is very thorough and will take the time necessary to listen to you answer your questions and explain results in great detail. We highly recommend him for your gastrointeroly needs.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Wong provides outstanding service. Very attentive to needs of the patient. Thoroughly explains all aspects of the issue at hand as well as provides recommendations and options. I am please with the follow-up calls. Reassuring to the patient.... that he cares about their well-being....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Wong takes the time to discuss the recommended procedures and options. He also personally follows up with the patient by phone calls after procedures making sure that you are doing well and advising of the results.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I had one colonoscopy after another. Have had severe bleeding which led to another colonoscopy. No treatment except instructed to eat more fiber. Have suffered for years. Was dismissed as a patient after all this. Looking forward to seeing another Dr. at another practice. I would not recommend this...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

I regret this is your perception of the care you received. Based upon the reference to New York and the few details you have provided I believe I recall your case. While you are no longer a patient of our practice, I do hope you have followed up on on the recommendations I made for further care, which are more extensive than what you've noted. I am sorry you were not satisfied with your experience here, as we always strive to provide the best care and service to our patients.