Dr. Peter Waters, MD

Dr. Peter Waters, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

"I entered medicine to care for children. I followed my father, a pediatric hematologist and oncologist, in this regard. I realized surgical care, especially of the child's hand, was my life path. I am blessed to care for children, and their parents, with both highly specialized and common problems of the hand and upper limb. Every day I have tried to get better, and share my continuing education and research with others.

I am deeply devoted to my family and community. My dad died suddenly when I was 10, and the impact of his loss has guided me to treasure my time with those I love. I was fortunate to coach soccer and basketball for years including Div. 1 soccer through high school age, travel and AAU basketball on a regional and national level, and even Div. 3 college basketball. Our 501c3 program of leadership, education and sport combined urban and suburban youth in a way that I am most proud: those young men went to college; some of those women now attend medical school."

Dr. Waters is co-author of the highly acclaimed Pediatric Hand Upper Limb Surgery textbook and co-editor of the gold standard pediatric orthopedic textbook Rockwood and Green: Fractures in Children. He has written extensively in peer review journals and other textbooks (over 200 publications) and his work as been recognized with society awards. Dr. Waters is recognized nationally and internationally for his clinical and surgical expertise on the hand and upper limb in children and adolescents, especially congenital differences, post-traumatic complications, and brachial plexus birth palsies.

Patients from near and far come for consultation and care when faced with difficult care dilemmas. Dr. Waters has been President of the Pediatric Orthopedic Society of North America (POSNA) and is currently co-President of the International Pediatric Orthopedic Think Tank (IPOTT). He is the John E. Hall Professor at Harvard Medical School and Orthopaedic Surgeon in Chief at Boston Children's Hospital.

Dr. Waters' Experience

See how Dr. Waters' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Waters

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Waters has admitting privileges.

Dr. Waters' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Waters to family and friends
Dr. Waters' Performance
    GOOD
in Albany, NY |
Dr. Waters is the definition of a "Big Gun" surgeon, basically he is a surgeon's surgeon. When all else fails.. in comes Waters as calm as can be, he has not a bit of self importance. The man is their to fix what is broken. He is very friendly and likable. I would recommend him to anyone who has a serious Orthopedic Injury, He was trained by the best, Dr. John Hall at Children's Hospital and continues to uphold the highest standards of patient care.
in Boston, MA |
Poor bedside manner. After waiting 3 hours past my scheduled appointment time, he only spent about 3 minutes in the room.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Waters, MD?
Are you Dr. Waters?

Compare Dr. Waters

}

Dr. Waters says...

Dr. Waters' Care Philosophy

Dr. Waters' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Waters has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Waters' Board Certifications

Brigham and Women Hospital

Completed in 1989

Tufts University

Graduated in 1977

Dr. Waters does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Waters and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery