Dr. Peter Wang, MD

Practices General Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 110 reviews.
Author:
Dr Wang is an excellent surgeon, my surgery went very well and I highly recommend him, and I would definitely use him again if it became necessary.
Author:
Dr Wang performed an Fundoplication for my chronic acid reflux GERD. Dr Wang is highly professional, takes time and explains, but mostly projects this confidence in what he is doing which gives much needed reassurance. His bedside manners are impeccable and his aftercare very thorough and effective. I highly recommend him for any surgery you might be considering. His back office, specifically Laura is extremely efficient and effect. Great experience all around.
Author:
I highly recommend Dr. Wang as your surgeon. He recently removed my gall bladder using robotic surgery. He puts you at ease and takes away any nerves you may have. He is simply brilliant in his field. Best of all, he makes me laugh...awesome personality!
Author:
Dr Wang,Bless your whole family and the treasures of Happiness be with you! May the Gods be with you, if there is only one. Sincerely, my grads and your whole family too. Love, Timothy James Wigert
Author:
In January 2019, Dr. Peter C. Wang met with me regarding some issues I had with a diverticulitis flare up. For the next several months, we met several times and discussed next steps. He was thorough, personable, addressed all concerns I had and I felt I was in good hands. After the surgery, he followed up with me, gave me all the pertinent information regarding the process and recovery. I recommend him for surgery. A very good doctor.
Author:
I can without reservation recommend surgeon, Dr. Peter Wang. He has performed 2 surgeries on me over the years. Some years ago, it was for gall bladder and most recently for an inguinal hernia. I arrived in the morning and was home by the early afternoon. Dr. Wang used robotic assisted surgery technique. After surgery I had only three small one-inch incisions… no stitches. The incisions were glued perfectly together… virtually painless. I took OTC medication the first day or two, but no pain medication after that. Though I had an Rx for pain, I never used or needed it. I was a bit tired and sleepy after the surgery, so I rested and napped, but I went to work the next day in the afternoon virtually pain free. Though there were minor twinges of sensation in the hernia area. They rated only a 1 on a scale of 10. If you are looking for a great surgeon you should contact Dr. Peter Wang. I can highly recommend his surgical expertise and personable, pleasant & confident demeanor.
Author:
I love this guy & I say it like that with total respect for him & his profession. He calls it like it is & is very candid to where you can understand what's going on. He has a gentle nature that is very refreshing. My health challenge & the consequences of my condition was explained in detail. My surgery was an elective one and he gave me an understanding of it that helped me with an easy decision. It impressed me that he did not try to push the procedure on me. The procedure was easy for me and the days after made me think as if there had been no surgery. He's a very special Doctor and brings a ton of credibility to his profession and the Hoag community. Thank you for your help Dr. Wang & for being there. Tom H Huntington Beach, Ca.
Author:
Dr Wang did a fantastic job of removing my gallbladder which was in very bad shape. I would highly recommend his services. Not only a great surgeon but a great person. A winning combination.
Author:
Recently had an umbilical hernia repair surgery done by Dr. Wang, it went perfectly, there could have been some complications due to my liver condition, but due to his skill and care there was none, it was great, myself, my wife, my GP doctor, and others were impressed. Use Dr. Wang if you can!
Author:
Dr Wang saved my mother's life and helped her regain her confidence too! After a sudden ruptured diverticula along with a pelvic abscess and multiple non-invasive attempts to cure her, we had no choice but to proceed with a partial colectomy on my 85 y/o mom right around Thanksgiving. Dr Wang's skill and thorough attention took her through this surgery with great care. And, 5 months later, he was able to successfully reverse an ileostomy just in time for her to attend her only daughter's wedding! Needless to say, we are extremely grateful to Dr Wang, the surgical staff at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, CA and the office staff, Priscilla, Laura, Chris and Rachel at Newport Irvine Surgical Specialists. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND them!
Author:
Dr. Wang took the time to discuss the surgery I was going to have and what to expect. He entertained all questions to insure My wife and I were at ease. The abdominal wall reconstruction was incredibly successful not only repairing the hernias, but tightening my very week abdominal muscles. What may or may not be common for others have this surgery is that, for me, the pain I was experiencing for almost 2 years is gone! at this point I am completely satisfied with Dr. Wang's minimally invasive robotic surgery!
Author:
Dr. Wang took out my appendix, which was in pretty (very) bad shape, and I was in the hospital for 7 days as a result. It was my first surgery and I'm so grateful that Dr. Wang was assigned to me. He is exceptionally skilled, competent and knowledgeable. Despite the extensive infection and sepsis caused by my (gangrenous) appendix, I recovered completely and without issue under his care and was back at work within a couple of weeks. I felt that he and his nurse genuinely cared about me and my recovery and frequently checked on me in the hospital. I will be calling Dr. Wang should I ever need a surgeon in the future.
Author:
Last month Dr. Wang performed a second surgery on me...I can say, "he's 'saved' me twice"! I enjoy his professionalism, excellent exchange of information on the procedures, courteous attitude, and great sense of humor... He's truly a superb surgical "artist" with robotic and laparoscopic surgeries. I'm very happy to recommend Dr. Wang
Author:
Dr. Wang is an experienced surgeon who also has that special "sixth sense" to go beyond just known data to address his clients' issues; that comes from his extensive experience.
Author:
Dr Wang did a 7 (seven) hour hernia repair on me which turned out perfect. During my stay at the hospital he took very good care of me. He actually cared about my health. He takes great pride in his work. In my opinion he is absolutely AMAZING. His post op care is excellent. I can not express how truly amazing this doctor is.
Author:
I am blessed to have had Doctor Peter C Wang preform a colorectal surgery on me. All(100%) of the cancerous tumor was removed and a beautifully functioning Stoma was created, (which will be reversed in about four weeks from now). Doctor Wangs team and staff was very accommodating with every one of my concerns addressed and questions answered. Doctor Wang and his staff carried me through this journey with positive reinforcement and professionalism. Doctor Wang knows how to communicate extremely well. I was never left hanging.
Author:
Dr. Wang is such a skillful robotic surgeon that he was able to perform a needed left colectomy on me with only 5 tiny scars, 3-day hospital stay, no blood loss, no leaks, no complications. I even returned to work part-time after only 2 weeks.
Author:
Peter C. Wang M.D. is an exceptional surgeon. I have had two robotic surgical procedures performed by Dr. Wang. There were no problems or issues after the procedures, due to his exceptional skills. While I was in the hospital, his numerous visits were unexpected, but greatly appreciated. He was patient in answering all questions posed by my wife and myself. My family and I hold Dr. Wang in very high regards.
Author:
Following surgery for prostate cancer by another surgeon on 3/18/19, I was re admitted to Hoag on 3/20/19 with a massive bowel blockage. Enter Dr. Wang who performed life saving surgery. Not only is he an amazing surgeon, he has a calming, professional manner that assured me I was in competent hands. My condition was serious. I remained in Hoag for three weeks. This is the doctor that got me through it and this is the doctor I would recommend to everyone.
Author:
I had emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction and could not have been more lucky to have Dr. Peter Wang assigned to my case. He is accessible, answered all my questions patiently and was an excellent surgeon. His follow up has been great and his staff considerate and helpful.
Author:
Do not recommend - get other opinions before you commit to this person. Horrible office staff.
Author:
This is my 2nd review after robotic mesh repair/ lipoma removal surgery by Dr Wang. I waited 8 months to write this 2 nd review it has taken me this long to recover to almost normal. I had several hernias repaired & a tumor removed. I’m not young so it was a long recovery. Dr. Wang is kind & incredible an expert. I’m feeling almost normal again but it was slow goin. I am grateful to him & his staff as well as Hoag Hospital Newport for the great care & kindness they gave me. HE IS THE BEST!!
Author:
Dr. Wang is truly excellent. Competent, caring, compassionate, and cool. I can't say enough about this exemplary surgeon and doctor.
Author:
Amazing bedside manner and care for the patient?? Every question was answered and he never made you feel he needed to rush off… Even though he is extremely busy and an amazing surgeon. I would highly recommend Dr. Wang and his staff. Above and beyond was their care and service. Five stars across-the-board ???? Seek this doctor out Linda daughter of patient Charlotte.
Author:
Dr. Wang came highly recommended by another good doctor who specializes in urology oncology. I'm very happy that I chose Dr. Wang for my splenectomy. He always made me feel comfortable and listened to all my questions and gave me direct, honest answers. He is obviously highly trained, intelligent, and he has a sense of humor that I appreciate.
Author:
I have lived with gastric esophageal reflux disease for over 40 years before I was referred to Dr. Peter Wang. Dr. Wang performed Laparoscopic Surgery on November 29th, 2018 to repair the paraesophageal hernia and I have not had an acid reflux episode since. If you are considering LAP surgery, then Dr. Wang is the right doctor for you. I would highly recommend Dr. Wang to everyone. James Moore
Author:
Very professional. Provided easy to follow diagnosis. Very good surgeon.
Author:
Dr. Wang is an excellent surgeon. He helped guide us through a very complicated process after my appendix burst which left me with two abscesses. We were told by family and friends in the medical field that Dr. Wang is “the best”...he is well known among other surgeons for his technical skills. He was very easy to contact and very responsive. We owe a lot to Dr. Wang who truly saved my life! Also...his nurse practitioner, Laura, is amazing as well!
Author:
Dr. Wang repaired my hernia recently, and I feel he did an outstanding job. I would gladly recommend him to others.
Author:
Dr. Wang is an excellent surgeon. He recently completed my hernia surgery and did a great job. I had no trouble with recovery and have already referred him to others. His bedside manner and communication skills were excellent. He spent ample time making me feel comfortable and the surgery and recovery were exactly as he explained.
Author:
Dr Peter Wang saved my life in emergency surgery 9 years ago. He is a compassionate, understanding and truly talented surgeon. He takes the time to get to explain, listen and answer questions. I have a chronic intestinal problem and know that I will need surgery sometime in the near future. I can't say enough about how competent, precise and talented he is as a surgeon. He performed the impossible on me in the past and I highly recommend and respect him. He's an A+ surgeon and person!
Author:
I had a crazy surgery. But Dr Wang was the man. Blessed to have him as my Dr. . Very honest tells you the truth and and goes above all other Dr. most Dr operates with there ego Dr. Wang operates with your needs in mind ... and years of knowledge. Thank God for his skilled hands.
Author:
My experience with Dr. Wang has been great. He operated on me about 2 months ago and the results were amazing. Also his bedside manner is very good too. I highly recommend him.
Author:
Doctor Wang did my diverticulitis surgery. I had no complications. Guided by his vast experience, I only lost the worst section of my colon that was diseased - no more, no less. I would highly recommend him for his surgical skill.
Author:
Dr. Wang corrected a complicated problem that had been causing me pain for months, and the pain is gone. He and his staff were quick and efficient in arranging a time for my surgery. At every visit he took the time to explain the situation and answered questions. I am so glad I was referred to Dr. Wang.
Author:
Dr. Peter Wang is an excellent and highly talented surgeon. His skills are state of the art. He explains everything in great detail. He is a surgeon who truly cares about his patients. His office staff is also great and very caring. I highly recommend Dr. Peter Wang.
Author:
I was fortunate enough to have Dr. Wang employ state-of-the-art, minimally invasive "robotic assisted" surgery with fantastic outcome! The surgery was performed without large incisions (as is routine with my diagnosis) supporting quicker healing and minimal pain. Dr. Wang has great communication skills which helped me understand the scope of the procedure in easy to understand terms. This helped reduce the stress associated with surgery. I was impressed with his energy level, and results!
Author:
Dr. Peter C. Wang, is a very talented surgeon, the lord has blessed him with this great ability. To my misfortune, I have had a couple of surgeries performed by him. His skills are state of the art and his knowledge is up to date with the (World of Medicine). He is very clear and explains everything with detail, he is also a physician with a heart he does cares about his patients, he does have an amazing staff, ( Rachel and Kristy) are diligent and great, I definitely recommend him as a surgeon
Author:
Dr. Peter Wang is an excellent surgeon and he is one of the few doctors in the country that have the ability to perform minimally invasive surgeries using robotic assistance. My husband had a complicated incarcerated umbilical hernia and rectus diastasis that needed repair with mesh and we felt good that Dr. Wang was so confident in his abilities and he performed the surgery with great success!! Thank you Dr. Wang…you are the BEST!!!
Author:
Dr Wang literally saved my life. I have been receiving chemo for breast cancer. After my 4th treatment I had excruciating pain in my left lower abdomen and called 911. I had immediate, extensive surgery. Later. I found out that I had diverticulitis that perforated and developed sepsis. I am now 4 months post op and feeling terrific. Dr Wang spends time with you and answers all questions and eases your fears and concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Wang.
Author:
Dr. Wang is an excellent Surgeon, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone. He performed 2 surgeries on my wife and we are very grateful to have him as her doctor. His bedside manner might seem a little abrupt at first but as you get to know him you realize he is a very gifted surgeon that truly cares about your well being.
Author:
Dr. Peter C. Wang performed robotic bilateral Inguinal hernia surgery on me. He did an excellent job. He educated me very well on the procedure prior to the surgery. He trains other surgeons on robotic surgery. i have minimal scars and was able to perform my normal duties in two weeks. His office staffs at Irvine are very friendly and helpful. If I ever have any surgical need I will consider him first. I will definitely recommend him to any one.
Author:
Informative consult, good surgical experience (if surgery can ever be considered good), relatively speedy recovery, and now very pleased with results. Dr. Wang was very honest and reassuring throughout the process. I would hignly recommend robotic hernia surgery by Dr. Peter Wang.
Author:
Dr. Wang and his staff are the best! I was diagnosed last year with colorectal cancer and was referred to Dr. Wang by my GI. I had 3 surgeries with Dr. Wang in 2017. He did an amazing job with my lower anterior resection in April, and to remove my temporary ileostomy in December. He also did a great job inserting my chemo port. My scars are very minimal for what I had done. I've never had any pain from my surgeries and they are healing very nicely. Dr. Wang is a blessing in my life!
Author:
I was blessed to have Dr. Wang perform surgery on me!!!! I was rushed to Hoag Hospital for a perforated appendix ( ruptured appendix). Dr. Wang is truly a master surgeon his expertise is second to none with a stellar reputation! He was the only surgeon able to perform my surgery with a laparoscope! What touched me the most about Dr. Wang is his care, concern & compassion for his patients. He is an Angel and thanks to him I am alive! His office staff is incredible too! Highly recommend Dr. Wang!
Author:
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Wang. He is straightforward which I like as I am as well. Some want or need a doctor to coddle them. If you truly want to be fixed whatever your problem is Dr. Wang is the Dr.to go to bar none. You might have to wait a while before he sees you because he is taking time with another patient don't get all upset he is going to spend that time with you so be patient!!!!!
Author:
Dr Wang was very helpful during a time I was at Hoag. He did a procedure that basically saved my life. I had blockage from my stomach and my intestines and Dr. Wang did a bypass and reconnected my lower intestines to my stomach. That was 12 months ago and my digestive system was been working very well.
Author:
Dr Wang is the best. Explains all your options, did a phenomenal job on my surgery, makes himself available if you call with questions. The staff is great too.
Author:
After a terrible first experience of diverticulitis I was and two weeks in the hospital I was lucky to be introduced to Dr Wang. Two weeks post surgery for a robotic colon resection and I feel great. Dr Wang takes the time to explain your condition and what the best procedure is and what to expect. Could not ask for anything more. Always makes time to listen and answer questions. I did my research and second options. Clearly he is the best of the best!
Author:
Best surgeon for my needs! Dr. Wang was called into consult for a life-threatening emergency. He provided solutions and explanations and monitored my condition over 2 weeks which later required his surgical skills.. Following this adventure, I returned for a different repair surgery. Surgery and recovery were very easy due to Dr. Wang's excellent skills. I greatly appreciate the time, care, and concern for his patients. It is a pleasure to visit Dr. Wang and he has my highest recommendations.