Dr. Peter Volsky, MD

NeurotologyMaleAge 39

Neurotology

Dr. Peter Volsky, MD is a Neurotology Specialist in Norfolk, VA and has over 13 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Volsky has extensive experience in Otologic Conditions & Procedures. He graduated from UNIV OF VA SCH OF MED HLTH SYS in 2009. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baptist Hospital Of Miami and Miami Cancer Institute. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Peter Volsky, MD

EVMS Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgeons

601 Childrens Ln Fl 2 Norfolk, VA 23507
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Save up to 80% on prescriptions

Optum Perks and Healthgrades are subsidiaries of RVO Health.

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Frequently Treated by Dr. Volsky

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Volsky treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Volsky treats other conditions, please contact the office at (757) 668-9327.

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Volsky is experienced in the area of Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

• Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Facial Palsy
  • Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
  • Head and Neck Conditions
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Skull Base Disorders
  • Skull Base Tumor
  • Skull Fracture
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Temporal Bone Disorder
  • Vestibular Testing
  • Wheezing

Dr. Volsky accepts

Dr. Volsky accepts the following insurance:

Select
Select HMO

Dr. Volsky's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Volsky

4.2

Dr. Volsky is the best doctor I have ever seen to take care of Meniere’s. For a difficult condition, he is all around the best and interested in helping compared to everyone else I have seen.
May 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Volsky to everyone out there who needs an ENT specialist, I recently had an ear surgery and all went great. He explained to me every detail about my surgery. Thank you Dr volsky
Dustin – Aug 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
Dr. Volsky is an extraordinary diagnostician as well as a very top notch surgeon. Top that off with a kind and caring personality. I had a rare condition, and he was the 7th otolaryngoligist I went to, because the first 6 couldn't diagnose my problem. He listened carefully, did testing based on what I told him, and finally I had a diagnosis! The surgery needed to correct my issue went perfectly. I will always be grateful that he was willing to take the time to find out the problem, and to fix it. If you are trying to decide whether to go to him or not, just go!
Marsha – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
Best ENT in Miami. Dr. Volsky diagnosed my Ménière Syndrome in 2017 and couldn’t have chosen a better doctor, profesional, knowledgeable, and dedicated. Now, after all these years of treatment, we have decided that is time for a labyrinthectomy. Surgery has been scheduled for next month. Trust him as a professional and as an excellent human being.
Aliuska – Jul 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
This doctor found the cause of my hearing loss when many other ENT docs couldn't. High ranking specialist in military, the VA and other civilian practices did not determine the cause, and most importantly, the way to fix my hearing loss. Rebuilding the bone structure in the middle ear and replacing the perforated and scarred ear drum, he caused my hearing level in that ear to go from a 1 to a 9 on a scale of 10, and allowed me to cease using a VA provided hearing aid. He is a true professional, caring and obviously talented surgeon, who gave me a much better life. Sorry to see him leave our area but I will travel anywhere if I need any additional surgery. God bless.
Richard Wilson, Lt Col USAF Retired – Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
I was looking forward to my appointment with Dr.Volsky but he came very short of my expectations and positive reviews. Dr. Volsky doesn’t explained procedures and has his assistant explaining things...not what I paid for. I went to see him 3 times and still not diagnosis. Lots of rules because the COVID-19 but very little interest in making patients better. Going to visit another ENT because he is not interested in my pain and trying to make me better.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Anonymous – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Volsky if you need ear surgery! He was my surgeon to remove an osteoma in my L internal ear. I had lost a significant % of my hearing. He ordered the right tests, fully explained what was happening, was patient with my Q&A and answered them all to my satisfaction. I felt totally comfortable to proceed with this necessary procedure. His excellent training & experience was clearly seen during this delicate surgery- he was fast & precise!! His highly specialized surgeon skills was evident. I had no complications & my hearing was restored 100%! During my post-op visit he carefully checked my ear and confirmed that I had healed very nicely. P.S. I followed his instructions to the letter. Please feel totally confident to go to him for your surgical consultation & surgery. He is an honest, caring, & excellent well trained surgeon. In my opinion, he is one of Duke's best physician graduates. May God richly bless him as he continues to bless others as a skilled surgeon!
Maris Rodriguez – Mar 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
Dr. Volsky has been taking care of me for years. He goes above and beyond, I’m very happy with his treatment.
Feb 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
ear problem, noises, lack of hearing
  • Staff wasn't friendly
jose – Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
My husband went completely deaf all of a sudden. We were able to get an appointment immediately with Dr. Hillman at South Florida ENT who called Dr. Volsky immediately and they put him on steroids with a follow up visit with Dr. Volsky. In the interim, we visited two other specialists. My husband ended up getting a cochlear implant. Choosing THE surgeon was a difficult decision because we had two exceptional choices. However, my husband chose Dr. Volsky and did not regret it one bit. Dr. Volsky took his time to write down everything for my husband (since he was completely deaf) during all the office visits. His bedside manners were one of the best we have experienced, prior and after surgery. It was a very a challenging time for my husband but Dr. Volsky made it better for him.
MariaC – Dec 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
Very disappointed with my visit to Dr Volsky. He was in and out in less than 5 minutes and never gave me any feedback for my visit. I was expecting him to come back in and instead someone else came in and said they would be scheduling some therapy. No explanation whatsoever.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Oct 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
We, my family and I, found Dr. Volsky to be a great doctor, a good listener who takes time to answer all your questions and address all your concerns. He is knowledgeable, meticulous, patient, gentle and caring. My family knew I was in good hands and encouraged me to go ahead with my Cochlear Implant. The surgery was a comfortable experience. I now look forward to the 2nd implant next year, God willing. We highly recommend Dr. Volsky, he is simply one of the top best.
J. Dottori – Sep 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
I had two appointments with him and in BOTH occasions I was canceled and move to another date a month later!! I rejected second time scheduling due to this issue and resolved to look for another specialist. The reason for him re-scheduling both times was for Family Emergency even though both appointments were setup a month apart. Double check and make sure they can assure you this wont happen to you because someone like me that has to change around your work shift/schedule to go see the doctor cant be something to mess around with......
Gabriela Caparroz – Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
I would like to appreciate Dr Volsky for his patience, nice manner, and medical knowledge. Although, it was late afternoon my visit, he never hesitated to ask more questions about my problem and even went beyond his specialty field and did a through physical examination. He explained everything and asked my opinion about them to make a final decision about management. I definitely recommend him for ENT problems.
  • Long wait times
Roya Keshmiri in Miami, FL – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
I called to ask about help for my dads Meniere’s Disease that he was diagnosed with two weeks ago. Sandra answered the phone and could not have been nicer. I called other offices and was met with rude people on the other line. We are going to schedule an appt with the doctor but in a time when things are tough with my fam, it was refreshing to have a kind person on the end of the phone. Thanks Sandra for being helpful and kind.
Jess – Apr 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?
Dr. Volsky is an excellent doctor. He is professional, knowledgeable and passionate. When he sees something that may be a problem, he doesn't stop searching until he is sure that everything is alright. I am very grateful for that. He is taking the time to read and explain all the tests to me. Thank you Dr. Peter Volsky for making me feel better.
Miriam Horovitz in Miami, FL – Sep 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Volsky, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Volsky?