Dr. Peter Vezeridis, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Peter Vezeridis, MD
Dr. Vezeridis is a board certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon. He specializes in shoulder surgery and sports medicine. He has a particular expertise in complex shoulder surgery including anatomic and reverse shoulder replacements. He attended Brown University where he obtained an Sc.B. degree with Honors and graduated Magna Cum Laude. He then attended Brown Medical School. During medical school, Dr. Vezeridis was awarded a Fulbright Fellowship to the Netherlands to perform orthopaedic basic science research. He was also a medical volunteer at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece. Dr. Vezeridis completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program in Boston. He served as a Chief Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital. After residency, Dr. Vezeridis completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital. During fellowship, he was an assistant team physician for the New England Patriots, the Boston Red Sox, the Boston Bruins, and the New England Revolution. Prior to joining Excel Orthopaedic Specialists, Dr. Vezeridis was an Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at UCLA where he served as a team physician for several UCLA athletic teams. He currently serves as a faculty member for the San Diego Shoulder Course.

Dr. Vezeridis' Experience

See how Dr. Vezeridis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vezeridis

Dr. Vezeridis accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Vezeridis is now accepting new patients
    Excel Orthopaedic Specialists200 Unicorn Park Dr
    Woburn, MA 01801
    (781) 782-1300Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Vezeridis has admitting privileges.

Dr. Vezeridis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vezeridis to family and friends
    Dr. Vezeridis' Performance
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I don't even know how to thank Dr. Vezeridis enough. He is an amazing orthopedic surgeon. He saved my leg. Dr. Vezeridis is skilled, knowledgeable, experience and genuine caring. Every follow up after my surgery Dr. Vezeridis makes me feel comfortable, listened to how I felt, answered my questions and made me feel confident that I would recover. I would recommend Dr. Vezeridis without hesitation. Dr. Vezeridis is God's blessing.
    in Tarzana, CA |
    From my initial consultation with Dr. Vezeridis, it was evident that providing high quality patient care was his top priority. He clearly explained the surgery and post-surgical expectations. Notably, he called multiple times following surgery to check on my well being. Dr. Vezeridis always took time during visits to answer questions. Most impressively, after every follow-up, he gave the physical therapist DETAILED instructions which led to my full recovery. He is professional and humanistic.
    in California |
    One of the greatest doctors I have been to. Straightforward very easy to talk to very knowledgeable will explain to you everything detailed. Overall I can just suggest him to anybody who needs a great orthopedic surgeon.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I can't even put into words how absolutely fantastic Dr. Vezeridis' pre-and post-op care, knowledge, bedside manner, and overall concern really are. His demeanor made me feel comfortable right away, he listened to how I felt and together we determined the best course of action for my recovery. He was supportive throughout my ENTIRE rehab and now, you would never guess I had ACL and miniscus surgery. I am a two-sport athlete and I'm back to both with no issues. I highly, highly recommend him.
    in santa monica ca |
    My whole family loves this Dr, not only for his skill, but for his genuine caring, he takes times to go over everything with you, never makes you feel rushed, his bedside manner is 100%. Also liked the fact that he didn't try to rush me into making a surgery decision, we tried everything else first. He is a 10 in my book. Joan Matis Santa Monica Ca
    in Santa Monica, CA |
    I have had some ongoing issues and have unfortunately seen several doctors for my pain, but none have treated me with the amount of compassion and respect as Dr. Vezeridis. Just when I thought bedside manner was a thing of the past!! Dr. Vezeridis takes his time to explain and answer questions. He is genuine, kind, and not just pushing me to have surgery like these other guys out there. He listened to me did was right for me. With him I know I am in good hands.
    in Calabasas, CA |
    I was referred to Dr. Peter Vezeridis following a painful shoulder fracture. Dr. Vezeridis' stellar academic credentials assured me that I was in good hands. I was impressed by his professional expertise, as well as his friendly, compassionate personality. He took the time to explain the nature of the injury and the course of treatment (physical therapy). It was a great comfort to know that I was being treated by a doctor of his caliber. He imbued me with confidence that I would recover.
    in Marina Del Rey |
    Wow, what a different experience I had with Dr Vezeridis compared to Kerlan Jobe from a few years earlier! Unlike any other orthopaedic surgeon I have experienced, Dr Vezeridis took a much more holistic/better approach for my meniscus tear in my knee by recommending me to PT first to see if it would provide relief. PT did help relieve some of the pain and really helped me for a much quicker recovery... less then a month I was running again! He did an outstanding job and highly recommended him!
    Santa Rita, NO REGION |
    The absolute best experience with a doctor in my whole life! Very caring, genuine, truly a great doctor! I had a very bad fracture of my shoulder & needed expert care. I did have to fly in to meet with him & surgery was scheduled after routine tests. The surgery went great & I'll never be able to thank him enough for the relief of pain that I had experienced! He is truly an amazing doctor!!!
    in Spartanburg, SC |
    I would recommend Dr. Vexeridis without hesitation. He is an excellent docotor, highly skilled, capable, and knowledgeable.
    in Chatsworth, CA |
    I had a total shoulder replacement by the awesome Dr. Vezeridis. From the first meeting at our consult I knew I was in very good hands. He is so personable and knowledgeable. A true professional. I got an excellent result; free from constant pain and greatly improved range of motion. I have a serious heart condition and he was on top of every aspect of my health in regards to my surgery. The entire staff was always so nice and very helpful. Dr. Vezeridis is the best!
    He's a top doc! I had a great experience with Dr. Vezeridis and I really cannot say enough good things about him, his office staff, surgical staff, etc. He diagnosed and surgically repaired a torn labrum in my shoulder. He took a lot of time in clinic explaining this condition to me and the treatment options. After doing my homework, I had some questions before scheduling the surgery and Dr. Vezeridis got back to me quickly. I had the surgery at UCLA Santa Monica, a pleasant experience!
    Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr. Vezeridis is a wonderful doctor. He was thorough with his approach, and he took the time to answer all of my questions. He performed my surgery, and I recovered extremely well. My shoulder feels back to normal again.
    I had a terrible experience with this person. He was unsympathetic, unhelpful and discouraging- all the qualities a good doctor should have. I would tell everyone to stay away from this guy. He was cavalier and dismissive of a condition that should have been attended to and that took me years to seek help for with a competent physician because of being so discouraged by this guy.
    Have you seen Dr. Peter Vezeridis, MD?
    Are you Dr. Vezeridis?

Dr. Vezeridis says...

Dr. Vezeridis is a board certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon. He specializes in shoulder surgery and sports medicine. He has a particular expertise in complex shoulder surgery including anatomic and reverse shoulder replacements.

He attended Brown University where he obtained an Sc.B. degree with Honors and graduated Magna Cum Laude. He then attended Brown Medical School. During medical school, Dr. Vezeridis was awarded a Fulbright Fellowship to the Netherlands to perform orthopaedic basic science research. He was also a medical volunteer at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece.

Dr. Vezeridis completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program in Boston. He served as a Chief Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Dr. Vezeridis says...

Dr. Vezeridis specializes in shoulder surgery and sports medicine. He has a particular expertise in complex shoulder surgery including anatomic and reverse shoulder replacements.

Dr. Vezeridis says...

Dr. Vezeridis has an expertise in arthroscopic and open shoulder surgery. Dr. Vezeridis completed a European traveling fellowship in advanced shoulder surgery. During this time, he learned from several of the world's pre-eminent shoulder surgeons including Dr. Laurent Lafosse in Annecy, France, Dr. Gilles Walch in Lyon, France, and Dr. Christian Gerber in Zurich, Switzerland.

Dr. Vezeridis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Vezeridis has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Vezeridis' Board Certifications

• Adhesive Capsulitis
    • Broken Arm
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Rotator Cuff Tear

Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School

Completed in 2013

Brown University

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Vezeridis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vezeridis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery