Dr. Peter Tiffany, MD

Dr. Peter Tiffany, MD

Urology  |
Dr. Peter Tiffany, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Stoneham, MA. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years.

3 Woodland Rd Ste 216

Stoneham, MA 02180

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Fallon Community Health Plan
  • Group Health Cooperative

Learn about Dr. Tiffany

See how frequently Dr. Tiffany performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Erectile Dysfunction
Urinary Disorders
Blood in Urine (Hematuria)

Dr. Tiffany's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Tiffany "Our team treats our patients using the finest clinical expertise in a compassionate and respectful manner.  We are dedicated to listening and understanding the needs of our patients and patient safety is our utmost concern.  Our team includes a full complement of multidisciplinary physician specialists along with an experienced and caring nursing staff.  We offer state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic services and deliver expert and experienced care at every stage of treatment."

• Urology

• Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bone Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Genitourinary Cancers
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Hypospadias
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Male Genital System Cancer
  • Multiple Myeloma
  • Myelodysplastic Syndromes
  • Myeloproliferative Disorders
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Purpura
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Spermatocele
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Cancer
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

• Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Ureteroneocystostomy
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Amherst College
  • Ny Hosp-Cornell Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Tiffany has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tiffany does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tiffany and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tiffany's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tiffany to family and friends
Dr. Tiffany's Performance
in Natick, MA |
Dr. Tiffany is an excellent doctor. My primary care doctor sent me to Dr. Tiffany because of his expertise in my Cancer. He showed my wife and I the Cancer and explained what was needed to remove the Cancer which he did. It was discovered very late but he assured us that it could be removed which he did and saved my life. Follow up visits where very informative, along with my yearly visits to make sure the Cancer is not causing any problems.
in Nashua, NH |
My PSA was being monitored by my primary care physician for a few years. My doctor was concerned so he recommended me to see Dr. Tiffany. Right up front, he took control of the situation and explained everything about prostate cancer and all its options to rid my body of this potentially deadly disease. I opted to have a biopsy done and sure enough, 3 cells came back positive. Dr. Tiffany is an expert at robotic surgery. I chose the surgery option and I'm glad I did. Dr. Tiffany is the BEST
in Haverhill |
Dr. Tiffany did a wonderful job of explaining my condition, providing options for treating my condition and supporting the decision I made to treat it, which involved surgery. He and his team at Winchester Hospital did a magnificent job with my surgery which I will be forever grateful. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Tiffany as he is a true professional in his field of expertise.
in Andover, MA |
I went to Dr. Tiffany based upon extremely complimentary reviews and recommendations. I had seen two other urologists who were not very compassionate in general and were anxious to intervene in my medical situation which I felt was very likely a "watch and wait" situation. After talking with Dr. Tiffany and undergoing some additional lab studies he advised me that he felt I was a clear candidate for "watch and wait" with the understanding that the "watching" must be ongoing and diligent.
in Wilmington, MA |
very professional has been a real lifesaver. he takes the time to answer all question I have
in Westford, MA |
I had to have a procedure for my prostate and Dr. Tiffany did a great job. The procedure changed my life. I had full confidence in his abilities. He's been doing this for many years and my thinking was he's just about seen it all. I would recommend him in an instant. I had a good outcome so naturally I'm biased.However, if things had gone south I wouldn't have blamed him.He brought his A game to the table and I believe he always does. Thanks Doc.
Reading, MA |
Dr. Tiffany is an excellent surgeon. Everything he told me about all aspects of my procedure happened exactly as he said it would. I trust Dr. Tiffany whole heartedly and would recommend him to anyone who needed his specialization.
in Melrose, MA |
This guy is ok,Down to earth, Even I understood him. Ask around and you'll find he is constantly rated at the top of his field. I was comfortable telling him my problems and you will be too
Atkinson, NH |
I have been visiting Dr. Tiffany for 4 years since my prostate surgery. He is an excellent surgeon and follow up doctor. I am very please to have him as my cancer doctor.
in Saugus, MA |
Excellent care, fastidious and explains everything fully. Couldn't have been better!!!!
in Woburn,Ma |
Dr.Tiffany saved my life. He did my prostate surgery with the DaVinci robot. What a wonderful caring Dr. He and his staff are simply the best! All of my follow up care is of the highest caliber. It's been 4 yrs. now since the surgery and all is going well. If you have an issue, see him, you will be glad you did.
in Boston, MA |
Dr. Tiffany is a terrific caregiver. He made me feel very comfortable and alleviated any fears I had prior to my radiation procedures. Dr. Tiffany has always been punctual for my office visits and very clear explaining my test results. He would be someone I strongly recommend for a patient's primary doctor.
Needham Heights, MA |
Dr. Tiffany has the at most knowledge In this matter, I owe my life to him. I'm alive and feel great. Thank you
in Medford, MA |
I was fortunate to be recommended to Dr. Tiffany by my primary health provider for a problem I had in 2015. In mid-March of 2017, I was diagnosed with a high-grade cancerous growth in my ureter. Dr Tiffany met with my wife and me and explained our options in addressing the problem. On May 16, 2017, Dr Tiffany successfully operated and removed the cancerous growth during a 5-hour operation. I had minimal post-operative discompfort and am now cancer free. I unequivocally recommend Doctor Tiffany.
Wilmington, MA |
Dr Tiffany is very personable which makes it easy to discuss your situation. His answers are thorough and understandable. You know what and why things are being done. He encourages questions so that you know what the plans are.
in Beverly, Ma |
As a past CEO of a Medical Center, I can only wish we had Dr. Tiffany as a member of the Medical staff. Outstanding in all areas of patient care. Few practitioners measure up to his excellence.
I was referred to Dr. Tiffany after a spike in my PSA at my annual physical. Since there is a history of Prostate Cancer in my family that didn't end well, I was pretty shaken. Dr. Tiffany's care, knowledge, and , manner continued to give me a great sense of relief thru the 5 years of carefully watching and periodic testing culminating in the surgical removal of the prostate. Now 2 years later I am healthy, happy, and Thankful for the skills and Gentlemanly approach of this caring man.
in Milford, NH |
I had prostate cancer for a number of years under the careful eye of Dr Tiffany. When he felt the time was right to proceed more aggressively, we discussed all my option fully. He was my surgeon and did a wonderful job. I had no unexpected problems and everything has been fine since my surgery a year and a half ago. I would recommend him and his associate to anyone.
in Burlington, MA |
Dr. Tiffany has always been very thorough in explaining results of test, and recommended procedures. Seem genuinely concerned that I understand the diagnosis, and possible remedies, as well as possible side effects or resulting problems
Saugus, MA |
What started as a routine annual physical with my primary care Dr. turned into a prostate cancer diagnosis at Mystic Valley Urology. Decided on surgery with Dr Tiffany. From the biopsy stage to surgery thru recovery, I found working with the Dr and office staff very professional. It is 2-1/2 years now after surgery and no signs of cancer !
in Billerica, MA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Tiffany for 22 years. I am a surviving bladder cancer patient and am cancer free. My care has been excellent. Everything concerning my condition and office visit is clearly explained. I recommend Dr. Tiffany to anyone who indicates they are in need of urological care. The office staff is efficient and pleasant. The office is clean
I cannot say enough about Dr. Tiffany. If anyone is looking for a great doctor you will find him in Dr. Tiffany. When it came to the care of my prostate cancer Dr. Tiffany was beyond excellent. Very caring, very informative and just a great guy.
in Melrose, MA |
A great doctor and physician
in Saugus, MA |
Dr Tifffany is courteous,friendly and explains the information so that it is easily understood. I feel comfortable being able to ask any question and getting a direct answer
in Everett Ma. |
I thank God all the time, that I was fortunate that Dr. Tiffany was there in my time of need,I was pretty sick on my first appointment with him. He has been through and very professional, He was very instrumental in saving my life. I will be forever greatful to Dr. Tiffany. I would recommend him with no problem!
in Medford, MA |
Diagnosed with prostate cancer, I sought help from Dr. Peter Tiffany, a surgeon renowned for his proficiency in robotic prostatectomy. Dr T explained the procedure in general terms, and he answered specific questions. The final pathology report confirmed not only that my PC was extensive, but also that Dr T had very importantly succeeded in achieving negative margins. My surgery occurred 2½ years ago. I owe my survival entirely to the extraordinary talent and dedication of Dr. Peter Tiffany.
Massachusetts |
I saw Dr. Tiffany for a vasectomy one year ago. I can assure any guy out there who may be hesitant to have this procedure that Dr. Tiffany is without question the BEST! He has an exceptional bedside manner. I can't even see the incision and I can honestly say that the pain afterwards was minimal. I highly recommend this doctor. I rated the staff 2 stars because of the exceptionally rude and unprofessional woman at the front desk. Dr. Tiffany's assistant and nurses were great though.
in Middleboro, MA |
I've been a patient of Dr. Tiffany's since the mid 1990's having had treatment for bladder cancer and other related issues with all the many follow up visits required over the years. All have been 100% successful. I could not be more pleased. You would never know he had other many other patients.
in Winchester, MA |
I got my personal experiences twice with doctor Tiffany since 2005 till now and will give to him my excellent rating for everything that he and his staff did to treat my illnesses and keep doing still now . Excellent caring person and great doctor.
in Marblehead, MA |
I have seen DR Tiffany for over 20 years and find him to be very knowledgeable through and kind to his patients. He is on time for his appointments . He is also excellent in the operating room having a recent turp i would highly recommend him.
in Stoneham, MA |
Dr. Peter Tiffany is the best at what he does. I was referred to him by my primary care physician. I'm thankful to my PCP that she referred me to him. He is a very courteous person who pays attention to what you're saying. He makes sure that all the necessary steps are taken to get at the root cause of your issue. He also explains it to you, in lay-man terms, what/why he's prescribing you and why he's recommending the tests, if any. He makes sure that all questions are answered.
in Medford, MA |
Dr. Tiffany has literally saved my life. The detection of a rapid growing and spreading prostate cancer with his robot removal of the prostate at Winchester Hospital, has quite possibly removed all of the cancer. (Confirmation tests scheduled as of this writing.) During my initial research a family member who was an Oncology Professional described Dr. Tiffany as a "rock star". Also, a very sincere surgical staff member at Winchester confided there was no better. Believe this. Doug L. 3/14/201
in Lynnfield, MA |
Great job from diagnosis through recovery regarding prostate cancer. Explained the options clearly, office set up appointments with other specialists to evaluate options, recommended biofeedback and exercises (which I think helped with recovery), saw me before and after surgery, strongly encouraged me to get up and start walking as soon as possible (including the night of surgery, all of which I think helped with recovery). Post-op feedback appears great; operation was an unqualified success.
in lynn ma 01905 |
Have been with Dr. Tiffany since he performed surgery on my prostate.He used the robotic surgery on me.I rate him as an excellent surgeon.I had an appointment with him today and find him to be very professional as well as easy to talk too.I'm glad that I chose him for my surgery.
in malden, ma |
Dr. Tiffany is a doctor I would definitely recommend to my family and friends. When he operated on me everything went as he explained. Recovery was almost painless. Now my follow-up visits keep me informed on my condition. He truly cares about his patients and treats everybody with compassion.
in Melrose, MA |
Dr. Tiffany has guided my walk through cancer surgery and treatment for over 6 years. He is knowledgeable and caring. He has fantastic "bedside" manners. He listens carefully and answers any questions I have. I have recommended him to friends. Dr. Tiffany really makes you feel that he is in your corner. If you bump into him in a non-office/non-professional situation, he remembers his patients' names and greets them as though we are family friends. His office staff is fantastic
in Woburn, MA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Tiffany for 7+ years. My experience with Dr. Tiffany has been fine. Everything from pre-op consults and initial procedure through the follow-up examinations/office visits have been professional and comfortable. I regret the possibility of discontinuing my relationship with him due to a pending relocation from the area. I would certainly recommend Dr. Tiffany to anyone needing a urologist for kind and professional care.
in Saugus, MA |
I feel Dr. Tiffany and his meticulous follow-up services are a big reason why I am on the top of the grass and not under. I am a double cancer survivor thanks to Dr. Tiffany. I could go on and on about the professional service and care, but I only have so many characters I can put into this reference. Thank you so much doctor.
in Boston, MA |
Professional, courteous and positive results....just what I needed in my time of need. I've had all of these experiences in my 9 years with Dr Tiffany and the staff at MVU. Highly recommend their services.
in Billerica, MA |
Aggressive prostate cancer sounds scary and it is, but after the options are discussed and the pros and cons of treatments are considered there is no one better than Dr. Tiffany on your side.
Wilmington MA |
My experience with Dr Tiffany was excellent. My diagnosis was serious and Dr Tiffany helped my wife and I understand treatment options available including the pluses and minuses of each. He treated us with compassion and dignity while never pulling any punches. He arranged for us to discuss nonsurgical options with other doctors on the team. I opted for surgery which he performed. All aspects of the surgical process were excellent as well. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Tiffany.
in Winchester, MA |
I don't like giving all "excellents" when providing a review because it is easy to click on the same button for each category and not really think about what you are actually claiming. However, in Dr. Tiffany's case, he scores excellent in each and every category. I had an asymptomatic UPJ obstruction, probably from birth and Dr. Tiffany explained the procedure he would do to remove the obstruction. He clearly articulated my condition and I could not have felt more comfortable with him.
in Rowley, MA |
I was recently diagnosed with kidney cancer and was referred to Dr. Tiffany. He came highly recommended from my primary physician. After discussing all options, he successfully removed the tumor and has been monitoring me for over a year now. He has a very kind and patient manner, answering all my questions and calming my anxieties. Dr. Tiffany and the support staff conduct themselves in a highly professional manner. All involved have my deepest gratitude and my highest recommendation.
in Stoneham, MA |
I was recommended to Dr. Tiffany approximately 4 years ago after a physical exam showed I might have prostrate cancer. After consultation with Dr. Tiffany, it was determined I had and he offered numerous suggestions on how to proceed. It was determined I would have my prostrate removed which I did in 2014. Dr. Tiffany performed the surgery which went well and recovery was also as expected. I continue with my checkups with Dr. Tiffany and to date all is well. I am extremely pleased.
in Woburn, MA |
4 years ago I was diagnosed with bladder cancer that is when I first met Dr. Tiffany who performed an operation within several days. I felt very comfortable and confident with Dr. Tiffany before the operation was performed. He was very professional and explained all that was going to happen during and after the procedure. During these 4 years both Dr. Tiffany and his team have been super in all aspects of my recovery. Dr. Tiffany saved my life!! I would recommend him to anyone.
in Woburn, MA |
Just back from my 5 1/2 year checkup wih Dr. Tiffany. Prostate cancer survivor. Originally went to another MD, my wife did not feel comfortable with him. Was referred to Dr. Tiffany as one of the best in the business....long story short, had surgery, radiation and today I am cancer free 5.5 years later. Dr. Tiffany and his staff are accomodating, he has great bed side manner and is a brilliant man. So happy that he was the choice for my MD.
in Wilmington, MA |
Dr. Tiffany performed kidney surgery on me and probably saved my life by removing a tumor. He's on top of my follow ups with scans and X-rays, explains everything, he welcomes you in the most friendliest way. I would recommend Dr. Tiffany on the highest level. Dan from wilmington ma.
in Woburn, MA |
Doctor Tiffany and His Team are Amazing Talented, Knowledgeable and Professional Real People Saving Lives God Bless Johnny
in Wilmington, MA |
Doctor is very easy to talk to,most informative,and extremely knowledgeable.He is the best there is.
in Burlington, MA |
I met Dr. Tiffany when I was rushed to the hospital for testicular torsion. He arrived promptly and was very professional while being reassuring the whole time pre-surgery. I had a swift recovery due to how the operation was well done and there is a minimal scar left behind. Upon the follow up meeting he again was professional and sensitive to my operation. I would definitely recommend Dr. Tiffany to anyone who is searching for a professional.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Tiffany, MD?
Are you Dr. Tiffany?