Dr. Peter Stern, MD

Dr. Peter Stern, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Peter Stern, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Cincinnati, OH. He is 73 years old and has been practicing for 47 years. Dr. Stern is affiliated with Cincinnati Children's Hospital, University Cincinnati Medical Center and Good Samaritan Hospital.

538 Oak St Ste 200

Cincinnati, OH 45219

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Sagamore Health Network
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Stern

See how frequently Dr. Stern performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Trigger Finger Release
Hand Conditions
Neuroplasty

Dr. Stern's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Stern "Honest care where the primacy of the patient is my highest priority."

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Williams College
  • Massachusetts General Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1977
  • Harold Kleinert Hand Surgery Fellowship, Louisville, Ky
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1978

Dr. Stern has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stern does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stern and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stern's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stern to family and friends
Dr. Stern's Performance
in Washington C.H., Ohio |
Straightforward, yet very easy to understand his explanation s of procedure s.
in Mason, OH |
Very good. I've had 3 surgical experiences from him over the years..
in Greenfield, OH |
I had a very good recommendation to see Dr. Stern and was not disappointed. Not only did he do an excellent job with my three trigger fingers and carpal tunnel surgery, but he was so pleasant and did a very good job explaining the procedures to me. His kind "bedside manner" made me feel like he really cared about me and I wasn't just another surgery. I would highly recommend him to anyone. His staff was great too!
in Cincinnati , OH |
My late brother, had great respect for Dr. Stern, so I chose him when I was having debilitating pain in my right thumb/hand, circa 1993. I was DELIGHTED with the results of the surgery & had my left thumb fused by him a few years later. I suffer from serious osteoarthritis, & Dr. Stern has performed 3 more surgeries (recently)on rt hand. He is an incredibly skilled, compassionate surgeon who truly cares about his patients! I would not trust my hands to anyone else. He treats me as a person!!!
in Dayton, OH |
He is the best !!
in Lebanon, OH |
He is easy to talk to and understands. Explains the surgery clearly. Very professional.
in Cincinnati OH |
He is always kind and caring. A true proffetional
in Cincinnati, OH |
Always through, professional, and knowledgeable. Has my complete trust. Exceptional care.
in Cincinnati, OH |
He is the best, I am grateful he was able to do my surgery. My wrist was SMASHED, and he had the experience to put it back in a way that is recovering very smoothly.
in Hamilton, OH |
I came to Dr. Stern under difficult circumstances. He met with me, and explained everything that happening with my arm, he explained that he would try to restore function to my Median Nerve in my right arm and hand. He was unsuccessful, but he tried his BEST. I would recommend Dr. Stern be placed in the book of TOP 100 DOCTORS in Cincinnati. Dr. Stern is the most pleasant smiling hands on person you could ever meet. HE IS THE BEST IN MY BOOK EVEN IF HE DIDNT FIX MY PROBLEM.
in Wilmington, OH |
Dr. Stern seemed very knowledgeable and was able to diagnose the problem with my hand injury and illustrate the options that I have available to alleviate my injury.
in Covington, KY |
Dr. Stern loves what he does. Not only does he love his life work but he enjoys the people he meets and cares for and they enjoy and trust him. He is genuinely a people person and coupled with his expertise in his field this makes him one of the best.
in Ft Mitchell, KY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Stern since he is an extremely skilled surgeon, and he takes a real interest in his patients. This is the second time that I have had to have hand surgery on two different fingers for two different problems, and both times Dr. Stern has done an excellent job taking care of the issues.
in Crestview Hills, KY |
My personal experience was excellent, we have used his services in the past, not for me specifically. my wife had surgery on her hand for dupytrin.(sp) Our experience at that time was also excellent.
in Hamilton, OH |
Excellent in explaining my condition, very caring
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Stern is one great person & is a terrific surgeon. Consequently he is a very busy man, I have been lucky enough to have had him fix the contractures on both of my hands, a super job. He takes a personal intrust in your problem & is concerned with the outcome of his work The onsite surgical facilities are great & his staff is 1st. class. I give them an A !
in Cincinnati, OH |
I was very satisfied...Dr. Stern is Rockin Awesome...He cares about his patients.. and ...I trust him...as Doctor/Surgeon!!!!! takes time to listen and pays attention to details...I never feel rushed...the staff as well!!!! Thank you so much!!
Batesville, IN |
Very well. He is a true professional.
in Hamilton, OH |
Dr.Stern saved the use of rt hand functions since 1978 and would and have recommended Dr. Stern to others through out the past 40 years. He recommends surgery but I'm putting off until a much later date. So far I'm holding up well. Dr.Stern has been helping me to stay out of constant pain with meds and it's working for the moment. Thank you Dr. Stern.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Stern is extremely intelligent, well educated and has a national reputation in his field. Yet, he is down to earth and explains the issues in the language that a lay person can understand.
in North Bend, OH |
I have nothing but the highest respect and gratitude in having Dr. Stern as my hand surgeon.
in Cincinnati, OH |
As always, Dr. Stern succinctly explained the problem and straight-forwardly explained the remedy and risks.
in Cincinnati, OH |
very down to earth lets you know whats needed. Staff is very friendly
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
Having rheumatoid arthritis since age 15, my hands are now extremely deformed, crippled, and frankly unusable. After seeing others, Dr. Stern is the only surgeon I would ever let touch my hands or my wrists. The confidence and knowledge is extremely evident even after only a short visit w him. The way he speaks to his patients as well as his friendly manner, eases nerves and invokes hope. He is extremely open to suggestions from patients and has a mindframe of obtaining the most perfect outcome.
Best in the city.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Stern, MD?
Are you Dr. Stern?