Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD

Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in King of Prussia, PA and has been practicing for 39 years. He graduated from Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse) in 1980 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and reconstructive orthopedic surgery.Read his story

234 Mall Blvd Ste G30

King of Prussia, PA 19406

• Amerihealth
  • Coventry Health Care of Delaware
  • EmblemHealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Sharkey's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Spina Bifida
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Torticollis
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement

"Dr. Sharkey is an internationally recognized expert and leader in the field of hip and knee replacement. He is a Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Chairman for the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Riddle H...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
St Josephs Hospital Health Center
1980
Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)
Syracuse University
1980

• John J. Gartland Award, 2003
  • The Frank Stinchfield Award, 2004
  • Philadelphia Top Docs, 2002
  • Knee Society Insall Award, 2001

• The Role of Patient Restrictions in Reducing the Prevalence of Early Dislocation following Total Hip Arthroplasty., 2005
  • Evaluation of Hip Pain in the Young Adult, 2004
  • Particle Bioreactivity and Wear-Mediated Osteolysis, 2004
  • Treatment protocols for management of peri-prosthetic fractures of the femur, 2004

Dr. Sharkey's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sharkey

1.2048192771084338%

Dr. Sharkey?
Dr. Sharkey's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD
I would highly recommend Dr Sharkey. Not only professional but very caring. Listens carefully and answers all questions thoroughly. I've never had major surgery before and was afraid of having my hip replaced but Dr Sharkey put me at ease about the process but did not pressure me into having the procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
Dr. Sharkey is such an experienced surgeon. I had so much osteoarthritic pain in my hip, but after having it replaced by him, I am pain-free and back to my normal activities again in no time. He is the nicest, most patient man that explains everything, which I needed because I was a nervous wreck to consider such a major operation! I'm grateful that God has given Dr. Sharkey such gift and would (and do!) highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
Having both my hips replaced has totally changes my life and I am so grateful to Dr. Sharkey and his team of experts
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
I found that Dr Sharkey was easy to talk to, and that he answered all my questions and concerns. His team is excellent, and the hospital stay and follow up care was superb. Steve Dirocco was an excellent contact and support resource. He and Dr Sharkey were a great team, and very practical and supportive. I have already recommended Dr. Sharkey.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
Dr. Sharkey did a great job of preparing me for exactly what would happen, and the surgery went very well. My recovery has been very smooth and rapid. I have felt that the post-op follow up has been somewhat impersonal. It feels that if I had problems and reported that through the electronic surveys, no one would respond. I have done well so I can not say this for sure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
I have told everyone I know about Dr. Sharkey. He is an outstanding doctor and will recommend him to everyone. Thank you Dr. Sharkey for my excellent new hip.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
Dr. Sharkey & his staff were terrific. I delayed my procedure for a couple of years in fear of just going through the procedure but looking back now, I should have never waited. I was up and walking 4 hours after surgery on 6/5/17, was home the next afternoon and stopped using a walker 3 days later opting for a cane instead. By the 4th of July, I didn't need the use of the cane. I was very strict at adhering to the rehab laid out by Dr. Sharkey which I believe attributed to my recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
Dr. Sharkey did a hip replacement on me December 5 2017. I am now in Spring Training walking 5 miles at a time. No pain! Actually I never did have any pain from the day of the surgery. Dr. Sharkey and his team are all very professional and most importantly they care. Was I happy with everything Yes! Dickie Noles
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
Dr. Sharkey and his team are amazing the most professional group I have ever encountered. I had a total hip replacement four months ago and I no longer have the tremendous suffering I was experiencing before the surgery. Dr. Sharkey explained everything prior to the procedure and following the surgery he explained what I was to expect and how to speed up my recovery. After meeting with Dr. Sharkey for the first time prior to surgery I was ready to go! I highly recommend him, and already have
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
Dr. Sharkey has given me a new lease on life with my new hip. I am forever grateful to him and his wonderful staff. Three weeks after surgery I was walking a mile. Ten months later, I am enjoying swimming laps 4 to 5 times a week, dancing, doing yoga and Tai Chi; bike riding and keeping up with my six grandchildren.. Hip pain is no longer in my vocabulary. This 68 year old grandmom looks forward to each and every new day thankful that Dr. Sharkey gave me my grove back! God Bless Dr. Sharkey.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
Very happy with the results of my knee surgery with Dr. Sharkey at Riddle.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
Dr. Sharkey worked nothing short of a miracle! His entire approach and support were commendable. His orthopedic expertise coupled with the very helpful staff made my total hip replacement an easy and (literally) pain free experience. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
I had a right hip replacement about 10 months ago. My wife and I liked Dr. Sharkey from the start. He was friendly and his explanation of the procedure was thorough and aimed accurately at the level of my existing knowledge. With the exception of any pain meds used during the actual procedure, I had need only for Tylenol post op. Pain levels during the immediate recovery period were almost non-existent compared to the hip pre op. When I need to have my left hip done I’ll go back to Dr.Sharkey.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
I'm so glad that I chose Dr. Sharkey to perform my total hip replacement surgery. I found him to be personable, competent and very knowledgeable. I trusted him immediately. I had my surgery done at the Limerick surgical center and was up and walking the very same day. Post-op instructions were clear and informative. All of my anxious calls were promptly returned by Nurse Kim who displayed patience and caring. Services provided by Dr. Sharkey's team was seamless. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
I am very satisfied with Dr. Sharkey, Physicians Care Hospital and my result. I was able to utilize Genesis’s Vitality For You in home therapy program. I deduct one star for pain management. At 2 weeks post op I still had a lot of pain. I called and spoke with nurse who stated “It’s 2 weeks, you shouldn’t have pain”. She did not ask about fever, wound problems, or schedule visit. Given it was the day before a holiday, I had to travel to Media to pick up refill of pain meds.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
Dr. Sharkey was referred to me by a friend who was a patient of his and had both knees replaced, about a year apart from each other. Both my knees were pretty bad with damage and arthritis and Dr. Sharkey recommended having both done at the same time. While not appropriate for everyone Dr. Sharkey's viewpoint is one surgery one recovery period and its done. At this point I'm well on my way to full recovery, glad I had both done at the same time and totally grateful to Dr. Sharkey and his team
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
Excellent surgeon. Explained procedure in depth prior to surgery. Had complete confidence that surgery would be successful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
Dr. Sharkey has done both a hip replacement and knee replacement for me and I am well pleased with the results. I have recommended him to several friends. He is very personable, informative, and an excellent surgeon! You know you are in good hands with Dr. Sharkey as your doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
Dr. Sharkey and his team exhibited the utmost in professionalism. I always felt that his fund of knowledge is extraordinary. The pre-op preparation was right on track and recovery was wonderful. His team clearly pays close attention to patient outcome and this is reflected in all that they do
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD?
I couldn’t be happier with my new hip. I’m a little over 5 months post op and have no pain anymore and I was just Florida and able to play 6 rounds of golf, which I could not do at all this time last year. I have already recommended Dr Sharkey’s to several people who have asked how my procedure went.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Sharkey?

Insurance accepted

Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty
WellPoint

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sharkey treats patients.

Bryn Mawr Hospital