Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD

Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation  ·
Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation specialist in Paramus, NJ and has been practicing for 30 years. He graduated from Mount Sinai School of Medicine in 1985 and specializes in physical medicine & rehabilitation and pain medicine.Read his story

2 Forest Ave

Dr. Schmaus' Top Procedures and Conditions

Neck Muscle Strain

Dr. Schmaus treats Neck Muscle Strain more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Schmaus treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)

Dr. Schmaus treats Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Schmaus treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Schmaus treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Schmaus treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Torticollis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Surgery is the last resort and in most cases a conservative approach is sufficient and appropriate. In the rare cases that surgery is necessary I work closely with a team of surgeons skilled in spine ,shoulder ,knee, and ankle procedures.

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

4.4

Dr. Schmaus?
Dr. Schmaus' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD
Warm and friendly and explained everything in detail
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
Dr. Schmaus is a super doctor. He is an especially warm, caring person and a super doctor. His congenial,"bedside manner makes you feel very comfortable and like your sharing your concerns with a dear friend. On top of that, he is extremely knowledgeable about his profession. He has treated me for different ailments/injuries and his advice has been top-rate. I trust Dr. Schmaus implicitly and am fortunate to have him as my physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
I’ve been going to Dr. Schmaus for over twenty years. He is an outstanding physician. He listens carefully and responds with a treatment plan to help as much as possible. I have recommended him to several of my friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
Dr Peter Schmaus was cordial and concerned about my orthopedic complaints. He carefully listened and analyzed my situation. He offered help and therapy and told me what I might expect in the future. Dr Schmaus did not rush me out of the office but instead was generous with his time and care. I highly recommend Dr Schmaus and ORTHOPEDIC SPINE & SPORTS MEDICINE CENTER, PARAMUS,NJ.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
I find Dr. Schmaus to be an excellent physician who combines quality care with a wonderful sense of humor. The office staff are friendly and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
Dr. Schmaus has been my orthopedist for more than 20 years. He is knowledgeable, caring and compassionate and has never failed to help me. He will always go the extra mile to make sure I am doing well. I have recommended him to friends who have been very happy with him. And he always takes the time to make sure you fullt understand your medical problem. First rate doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
Thorough, personable, and attentive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Schmaus for about 4 years and am very satisfied with both Dr. Schmaus and his assistant Jean. I am always greeted by both with smiles and genuine interest in how I am. Although he takes a holistic approach, when i had a condition that did not respond to PT, he fast tracked my MRI and put me in touch with a wonderful neurosurgeon. I am recovering and very grateful for Dr. Schmaus for his wonderful care. Jeanne B.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Schmaus. He is friendly & I always walk out feeling better. He is never in a rush & gives me as much time as needed. His assistant Jean is a wonder & has worked tirelessly trying to work with my insurance to get my meds.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
My husband and I have been in the care of Dr. Schmaus for many years. He has treated my knees, hips, shoulders and spine. I call him my life saver. This is a doctor that is knowledgeable, compassionate, and kind. Many times I have walked into his office crying from pain and have left his office with a smile. I have never written a review on a doctor before. I have referred many patients to his office. At this time, my entire family are his patients. We adore him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
When seeking treatment for any orthopedic issue I look out for a number of details; The ease of making an appointment, the smiles & greeting from the front office staff to the medical assistant attending to your needs. Jean is Dr Schmaus' medical assistant since he started treating me for both knee & back issues over 4 years ago. When a medical team such as Dr Schmaus & Jean have worked together for years the patient benefits tremendously with the well balance skills both can offer. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Schmaus. Besides being quite knowledgable, he is very professional and gets right to the core of the problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
My husband, my family and myself have been seeing Dr. Schmaus for over 10 years now. He and his assistant Jean are two of the most professional people I have ever met in the medical field. Any time I call for an appointment or with a question I am always treated with respect and given an appointment in a very timely manner. Jean is always very friendly and is genuine. If you are looking for the best in Orthopedic and Spine Medicine you must see Dr. Schmaus you will not be disappointed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
Been seeing Dr. Schmaus for the past 2 years for cervical disc issues. He's always been nothing but courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. He's always takes the extra time to listen to my questions and explains his course of action. He's also pointed me to different specialists that I needed to see (pain management/neurosurgeon). His nurse/assistant Jean has always been very nice as well. She always takes the time to ask how I'm feeling and returns my calls promptly when I have a question.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
Dr. Peter Schmaus cannot be compared to any other doctor! He is incredibly knowledgeable, takes time with his patients and is very caring. I have been his patient for over 10 years now and I know that without his care, my life would not have the quality I am able to maintain. I have extreme and difficult spinal conditions and I know I can always count on Dr. Schmaus to be there for me and continuously help me. He is a most dedicated doctor and I am blessed to be under his care.P.Roth
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
I was recommended to Dr. Schmaus by my primary care physician. He had sent many patients to Him and he was quite satisfied with the results. I explained that I had emergency, was able to be squeezed in 10 minutes, got to see the doctor and treated my shoulder injury. He was very busy I was able to spend the required time to discuss the injury and a suggested treatment. His assistant was very accommodating and provided me written instructions and documentation on Application of the treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
Dr Schmaus has given me relief from my neuro muscular lumbar pain. He explained my condition in a manner that was easy to follow. I am still under his care and have confidence that he will continue to alleviate my pain. I would highly recommend him to friends and family should they have similar problems , just as my wife recommended him to me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Schmaus for the past 3 years for knee issues which I have experienced for the past 10+ years. He has always provided excellent care both medically and in sound recommendations of practical lifestyle change. Both his manner and professionalism are superlative. His assistant, Jean, has been helpful, knowledgable and gone the extra distance at each visit. I would highly recommend seeing Dr. Schamus for treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?
If I could give zero stars, I would. I've been a loyal patient of Dr. Schmaus's for years. When I called his office one morning with a medical emergency, I was told he had no time to see me. No chance of squeezing me in. His nurse, Jean, was unbelievably rude and condescending. The worst medical professional I have ever dealt with by far. Was forced to go to the ER instead of seeing my own doctor. Will not step foot in this office again, and would highly recommend no one else does either.
This comment was placed by the patients daughter...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Schmaus, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schmaus?

Insurance accepted

QualCare
QualCare HMO
QualCare PPO
Oxford Liberty

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Schmaus treats patients.