Dr. Peter Pyrko, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 51

Dr. Pyrko

Orange County Orthopedic Specialists

11190 Warner Ave Ste 300 Fountain Valley, CA 92708

Dr. Peter Pyrko, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Fountain Valley, CA and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from Keck Sch Of Med Of The Usc in 2006 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and family medicine.

Dr. Pyrko's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pyrko

4.5

Dr. Pyrko?
Dr. Pyrko's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Peter Pyrko, MD
Had total left hip replacement, surgery went very well and then had right hip replacement and surgery again very well done. Recovery was quick!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Pyrko, MD?
Dr. Pyrko performed an anterior R total hip arthroplasty for me. The experience has been smooth and problem free. The doctor and his staff have been very healthful and and responsive to all questions and other needs I have had regarding my surgery, etc. I am very happy with the outcomes of my surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Pyrko's services.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Pyrko, MD?
Dr Pyrko preformed total knee replacement on both knees, first six months ago and second 2-1/2 months ago-both knees are doing great. Make no mistake, I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Pyrko and his team. At every turn from the first visit he had a great demeanor. Throughout my surgeries and rehab, he was very intuitive as far as my personality, he connected with me which resulted in great communication and good motivation for rehab. Dr. Pyrko was to the point in explaining things and was kind and caring. His post-op app was awesome, daily check ins would show what to do and what to expect as healing progressed-I could contact him and get his immediate response. RESULTS: Both knees are doing great and I’m doing things I haven’t been able to do for years and it’s only been 2-1/2 months since the second surgery. I’m very optimistic since healing will continue for quite a while. THANK YOU DR. PYRKO! Recommended for sure! H Workman 69 yrs old
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Pyrko, MD?
Had my total right knee replacement 3/26/19. It went fine, despite the usual brutal first two weeks of swelling and pain that normally happens. With pain meds he ordered, and his written pre-op and post op instructions, my recovery went well. He ordered PT for 3 weeks. By then I could walk and climb stairs. , I At my 6 week post op visit, I was able to do my field inspection drive. Would definitely recommend. As a bonus, Dr. Pyrko is a tennis player, as I am so he explained why I can't be the competitive singles player I once was, but could still play doubles.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Pyrko, MD?
Before meeting with Dr. Pryko, I had met with multiple doctors and specialist about pain coming from my hip and groin. I had received multiple misdiagnosis and was given all types of medications and treatments, none of which helped in the least helped, and some made worse. I was losing faith in the medical community. Dr. Pryko took the time to properly diagnose and treat my condition, which eventually led to my bi-lateral hip replacement. His help to my fast recovery, I will be forever grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Pyrko, MD?
Spoiler ~ If you were fortunate enough to get Dr. Pyrko as your surgeon, consider yourself extremely lucky! Dr. Pyrko is very caring, knowledgeable, experienced, and supporting at the same time. He will take care of you as if you were his family. He is one of the few who do anterior (front) hip replacement surgery; I had no pain and was walking without help within 3 weeks. I had no bruising nor one drop of blood on the bandage. Thank you Dr. Pyrko for giving me my life back-You are THE BEST!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Pyrko, MD?
He did my knee replacements and both of them were screwed up...My right foot points out to the right at approx a 25 degree angle. I have experienced constant pain for the last one year and ten months. I cannot reccomend him for anything. I suggest that you find another doctor.....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Pyrko, MD?
Dr. Pyrko just finished replacing my second knee and I could not be happier. He is upfront with you, has a gentle manner about him so you do not feel intimidated. My knees were very bad off and he still worked on them. Still recovering because it truly does take time. Very comfortable with him, glad he was my surgeon. It is wonderful you have fast access to him through the pulse app for any concerns you may have, and he does get back to you. He calls to see how you are doing too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Pyrko, MD?
I took my mom to see Dr Pyrko 2 days ago for her degenerative knees. He nicely explained to her not to do the knee replacement surgery because of her Parkinson’s disease. I like his honesty and integrity. My mom got one anti-inflammation shot and she feels better now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Pyrko, MD?
Dr. Pyrko did my hip replacement a week ago. I was ecstatic to see how well my incision was healing and I had no bruises and very minimal spots of blood on the bandage when I removed it today. No bruising is amazing because I bruise very easily. The original pain from my hip is gone I am only dealing with stiff and sore muscles. His team is fantastic and the app he provided me with, allows you to interact with Dr. Pyrko himself and has a daily schedule and workout for you to do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Pyrko, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pyrko?

2015
2014
2010
2006

Dr. Pyrko accepts

Dr. Pyrko accepts the following insurance:

Select
MVP Health Care
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Pyrko's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Pyrko's Top Procedures and Conditions

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Pyrko treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Pyrko treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

Dr. Pyrko's conditions and procedures:

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Bone Cancer
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Pyrko treats patients.