Dr. Peter C. Pelikan, MD

Dr. Peter C. Pelikan, MD

Interventional Cardiology | Male | 63 years old

Pacific Heart Institute
Coronary Intervention Excellence Award

Dr. Pelikan is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Pelikan specializes in Interventional Cardiology and practices in Santa Monica, CA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Pelikan? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Pelikan's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Pelikan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pelikan

Dr. Pelikan accepts 10 insurance carriers

10 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Pelikan has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Pelikan

Dr. Pelikan's Review Details
5 based on 37 responses
Experience with Dr. Pelikan
Dr. Pelikan's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (34)
in Los Angeles, CA |
Knowledgeable, thorough and excellent on all fronts.The office is on top of everything, courteous and responsive.
in Santa Monica, California |
Dr. Pelikan has successfully managed my cardiac health for over 20 years. He has consummate physician skills and is universally acknowledged in the medical community as among the very best interventional cardiologists. My personal experience with Dr. Pelikan exemplifies what a physician-patient relationship should be. For what its worth, I am a trial lawyer who has specialized in defending and prosecuting medical malpractice for many years so I have some perspective from that experience.
in Pacific Palisades, CA |
Dr. Pelikan took excellent care of my husband for almost twenty years, and he is now shepherding me through my first experience with heart disease (atrial fibrillation) at my age of 88. I just underwent a cardioversion with Dr. Pelikan and all went well. I would recommend his care without reservation.
in Long Beach, CA |
Dr. Pelikan is highly competent, professional and caring. After moving to Long Beach, a friend told me that Dr. Pelikan saved her life when others said her condition was hopeless. I also found out that Dr. Pelikan trained under my prior cardiologist at Johns Hopkins who was highly competent and caring. I am totally confident in his care and with his advice. Obviously, I trust him with my life!
in Pacific Palisades, CA |
Dr. Pellikan had my husband undergo a life saving pacemaker implant on an emergency basis 6 years ago. He has supervised his medical care very capably since that time. He has also supervised my medical care. My family has a strong history of heart disease and I am checked and supervised by Dr Pellikan and his staff.
in Los Angeles, CA |
An extraordinary doctor with great skills, compassion, and knowledge. You will not find a better cardiologist or medical doctor anywhere. After having a heart attack at a fairly young age he has kept me healthy to a ripe old age.
in Los Angeles, CA |
He took the time to answer all my questions. I didn't feel hurried
in Los Angeles, CA |
Caring, professional, and most important an xlnt cardiologist, with a fine support staff.Very comfortable with my recent angiogram.
in Culver City, CA |
I wouldn't have any other heart specialist. Dr. Pelikan and I have known each other at least 20 years and he has taken the best of care of me possible. My exam today was thorough and he said, you don't need anything more. You are doing great. Please don't retire Dr.Pelikan until I am long gone.
in Brentwood, CA |
Brilliant,aware and caring
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Pelican was so reassuring and listened with kindness and patience to our concerns. He wasn't in a hurry to move on to the next patient. He was willing to battle with insurance bureaucracy to get tests done. I have been a patient at UCLA and although they have some great doctors there, it is a zoo. It's very difficult for to manage my healthcare with so many doctors and departments--it's easy to get lost there. Dr. Pelicans office and staff are very cordial and helpful--no getting lost here
in Beverly Hills, CA |
I CAN TELL YOU THE ONE THING ABOUT DR PETER PELICAN. HE REALLY CARES..HE SAVED MY LIFE..I LOVE THE GUY.. HE IS AT THE VERY TOP OF HIS GAME!!! BUT SO HUMBLE.. IF YOU NEED THE BEST CARDIOLOGIST GO NO WHERE ELSE.. HIS TEAM..ASST ANITA..AND NURSES..THE BEST.. DR PETER PELICAN...#ROCKSTAR!!!
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
Dr. Pelikan has been my and my late husband's doctor for 20 years or more. He is the only doctor I will grit my teeth on the 405 Fwy. to see. He is kind, compassionate,no nonsense, thorough and a great sense of humor. Run don't walk to use him as your cardiologist!
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr Pelikan is an excellent cardiologist. I would not hesitate to refer friends or family to him.
in Playa Del Rey, CA |
He is an outstanding and knowledgeable doctor who has been taking care of my heart for over 20 years
Excellent care, significant knowledge, practical advice
in Beverly Hills, CA |
I've referred friends and family to Dr. Pelikan. He is excellent! I have two stents (actually made into a single Y because of their location) that he did back in 2004. I trust him, literally, with my life. He's professional, up to date on the latest information/techniques, but conservative in his approach/treatment. I've seen many doctors over the years and Dr. Pelikan is one of the very few that actually listens to patients. He makes certain all my questions and concerns are addressed.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I trust Dr. Pelikan He has been my cardiologist for over ten years, one heart attack, four angiograms and three angioplasties.
in Santa Monica, CA |
Dr. Pelikan is excellent at explaining the medical facts in terms you can undrstand
in Los Angeles, CA |
Excellent diagnostician. Superb skills in surgical procedures.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Always has time to discuss issues and to explain results. He has been our cardiologist for 15 years.
Have you seen Dr. Pelikan?
Are you Dr. Pelikan? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Interventional Cardiology

• Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Coronary Atherosclerosis
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Tetralogy of Fallot
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Aortic Valve Surgery
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Impella Device
  • Mitral Valve Repair
  • Mitral Valve Surgery
  • Non-Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy, and Stenting
  • Peripheral Angioplasty
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Pulmonary Valve Surgery
  • Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

No malpractice history found for California.

Harvard Medical School

Graduated in 1979

Harbor Ucla Med Center

Completed in 1980

Harbor Ucla Med Center

Completed in 1982

Johns Hopkins Hospital

Completed in 1985

Dr. Pelikan has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Pelikan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pelikan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Pelikan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Interventional Cardiology
  • Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Interventional Cardiology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Pelikan

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Pelikan's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Pelikan

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients