Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Peter Nixon, MD
Dr. Peter Nixon, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Nixon is affiliated with Seton Medical Center Austin.

3300 W Anderson Ln Ste 308

Austin, TX 78757

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Nixon

Dr. Nixon's Experience

Dr. Nixon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Chorioretinal Scars
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Destruction of Lesion of Retina and Choroid
  • Eye Surgery
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA AT BIRMINGHAM SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Retina Consultants of Alabama
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Nixon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nixon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nixon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nixon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nixon to family and friends
Dr. Nixon's Performance
in Llano, TX |
I have been going to Dr. Nixon for six years after having moved to the hill country from the Lubbock area where I had been seeing a retina doctor there. He is genuinely interested in his patients and has a great bed side manner when you are in his office. In the past year he has performed two surgeries, one on each eye, and both went great. I would highly recommend him to anyone who has an issue with their retina or other eye problems. My quality of live has improved greatly due to him.
in Georgetown, TX |
Doctor Nixon is very caring and conscientious! I feel he is very thorough and he is willing to take time to answer questions and address concerns. I feel good about trusting him to care for my eyes!
Austin, TX |
Exceptional staff, exceptional doctor, period. None better than Dr Nixon and his office.
Austin, TX |
I took my 92 year old mom who has macular degeneration to Dr. Nixon. He was professional, friendly and informative. We really liked him. The office staff was efficient but not rushed. The parking garage was easy ( and free!) with easy access for older folks. We were impressed!
in Austin, TX |
Very nice Man but I went through a lot of testing for an ocular occlusion and my last visit he told me he was going to refer me to another doctor and that they would call me to set up an appointment, no ever called and when I called the office I was told that there were no notes in my chart for a referral. I still have problems with my eye and have no idea what step to take next. I wish they would have followed up with me. I have send emails to get copies of my records and nothing!!!
Thank you Ms. Chaney for providing your feedback. The physicians and staff at Austin Retina Associates strive to provide the best retina care possible, and we will use your comments for improvement moving forward. We ask that you please contact our office at 512-451-0103 or email us at info@austinretina.com to give us a chance to correct this with you personally.
in Pflugerville, TX |
Three years ago I began to develop a retina problem and was referred to Dr. Nixon. He has cared for me since that time changing what felt like a hopeless condition into a much improved, fully functioning state. He is extremely competent and caring. I feel very fortunate to be in his care.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Nixon and his staff are simply amazing! Everyone in the office is caring, compassionate, and courteous. He is an excellent physician - very professional and knowledgeable.
in Kyle, TX |
Outstanding doctor and very personable.
in Austin, TX |
exceptional expertise in his field of medicine courteous, caring, sensitive manner thorough description of procedures
in Taylor, tx |
I have been treated by Dr. Nixon for several years who has provided me with great care. He is very professional and caring.
in Austin, TX |
Dr Nixon performed a laser procedure to repair two tears of my retina as well as repairing a partially detached retina. I feel he did an excellent job and was very clear in explaining the procedures and expectation and timing of the recovery.
in Austin, TX |
Did Laser surgery on my eye because of a torn retina. Very pleased. My total wait time was based on my initial emergency visit. Follow up visits a little longer.
in Rockdale, TX |
I was referred to Dr Nixon by an optometrist (who is also great) that said Dr Nixon was exceptional. Before visiting Dr Nixon I also came across several other people who had seen him...they also thought very highly of him. My experience has been no different...he's great. He's clearly good at what he does, but also very easy to communicate with...and genuinely a nice guy.
Austin, TX |
Dr. Nixon is awesome, caring, compassionate & attentive. I highly recommend!
in Austin, TX |
Dr Nixon is not only a more than an excellent doctor , he is a kind,caring man. He always has that wonderful greeting when walks in with that wonderful smile. This puts his patients at ease A true professional. I would recommend him to anyone..when I tell my friends I get injections in my, they cringe. I tell them i almost look forward to it because he is gentle I dont worry. Thank you Dr.Nixon and your wonderful staff. I consider them all my friends Barbara Andre
in Georgetown, TX |
Professional, friendly, efficient and knowledgeable describes Dr. Nixon
in Webberville, TX |
I find Dr. Nixon to be a very caring Doctor. I have been seeing him for a while now, he is always very professional, and dedicated to helping me overcome my eyesight problems. I had bleeding behind my retina and now after his treatments it is no longer a problem. He takes the time to make sure I understand what is going on with my eyes in terms that I understand. He listens all of my questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone who has retina problems.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Nixon, MD?

Visit Dr. Nixon

Dr. Nixon accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Hospitals where Dr. Nixon has admitting privileges