Peter M. Mowschenson, MB

Peter M. Mowschenson, MB

General Surgery | Male

1180 Beacon St Ste 6B, Brookline, MA 02446 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Peter Mowschenson specializes in General Surgery and practices in Brookline, MA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Peter Mowschenson? Add your own statement here.

Peter Mowschenson's Experience

71Experience
Match

See how Peter Mowschenson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Peter Mowschenson

Peter Mowschenson accepts 26 insurance carriers

26 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Peter Mowschenson has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Peter Mowschenson

Peter Mowschenson's Review Details
4.4 based on 41 responses
Experience with Peter Mowschenson
Peter Mowschenson's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (38)
in Tyngsboro, MA |
I contacted Dr. Mowschenson via email upon receiving lab results indicating hyperparathyroidism. He responded quickly and was informative during several email exchanges -- I hadn't even made an appointment yet! Post surgery he continued to be easily accessible and checked in several times over the first week. I find him to be direct, informative, efficient, skilled, and kind. His staff, Andrea & Joanne, were also extremely helpful.
Medfield, MA |
Absolutely fabulous! I have never met a physician with the level of access and responsiveness to his patients.
in peabody ma |
Dr Mowschenson was extremely caring and performed excellent work. He researched my extremely rare condition which was unrelated to my surgery in order to determine if my condition would be affected by or affect my surgery. He has a great sensor of humor. I felt very comfortable and at ease with him. His responses to my email questions were more than prompt. (Does he sleep? My first email was sent in the early am, his response was posted a few brief hours later)
Norton, MA |
DR. PETER MOWSCHENSON .... KNOWS HIS STUFF !!!!! FELT COMFORTABLE AROUND HIM & HIS STAFF ... EVEN THOUGH I WAS HAVING SURGERY IN A FEW WEEKS FROM HIS 1ST. APPOINTMENT WITH ME I DID NOT WORRY AT ALL ..... I HAVE BEEN FEELING SO MUCH BETTER SINCE MY PARATHYROID HAS BEEN REMOVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO SCARING & HEALING UP IN A TIMELY MANNER .... THANK YOU AGAIN DR. MOWSCHENSON FOR FIXING ME NOTHING LIKE HAVING LOTS OF ENERGY AGAIN & NOT FEELING SO DEPRESSED
Carlisle, MA |
Dr. Mowschensen performed parathyroid surgery on me. Office visit was arranged in very timely manner. He had already examined my patient record, scans etc. before the visit, so could advise me in terms specific to my case about the surgery. Very straightforward, enagaging manner. Talked about risks and outcomes. Gave us materials to read as well as pointed us to his very informative web site. Surgery and recovery went almost precisely as he had outlined.
Concord, MA |
Businesslike, not chatty, but pleasant and, in my experience (parathyroid surgery), very competent: very little pain and almost no scar.
Mansfield, MA |
I was referred to Dr. Peter Mowschenson by my primary care doctor. Dr. Mowschenson could not have been more punctual, professional, and kind. I felt welcomed and comfortable, and he put my mind at ease explaining everything to me in a clear an understandable way. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Stoneham, MA |
From the first telephone contact with his office to the consultation appointment to the actually surgery, I couldn't have been more comfortable and satisfied.. His office staff was the epitome of welcoming and accommodating. During the consultation appointment, Dr Mowschenson was already fully familiar with my case and provided detailed information and completely answered any questions I had. The surgery and recovery all went smoothly, no doubt due to Dr. Mowschenson's experience and expertise.
in Acton, MA |
Dr. Mowschenson is excellent, I highly recommend him with out reservation! He is warm, professional, and good natured, and a stellar physician. I do not think you can find a better specialist elsewhere in the USA to treat parathyroid and thyroid conditions.
in Plymouth, MA |
Dr. Mowschenson knows what he is doing. He is to the point and gets the job done. If you want an experienced doctor who can get the job done well this is your man. No fluff
in Weston, MA |
I had an excellent experience. His thorough and extremely kind. My hernia surgery went off without a hitch and I recovered very well. My situation was a bit complex because I take warfarin. He was able to perform the surgery while leaving me on the blood thinner and that greatly reduced my risk
Chelmsford, MA |
Dr. Mowschenson successfully removed the left node of my thyroid. I would recommend him to others as he is a very good surgeon and one who also listens to concerns. I expressed my concerns to him about scarring, surgical risks, and his experience level and did some research. Most of the people I spoke with admitted they would choose him as a surgeon for themselves or family members. My incision is barely noticeable which I am thankful, since I typically get raised scars.
in Boston, MA |
He is experienced and one of the best
in Boston, MA |
I'm particularly grateful that Dr Mowschensen called my dad in Nigeria after my surgery to let him know how things went. That was a major source of anxiety for me and he was able to help me solve that.
Salem, MA |
I can't speak highly enough of Dr.Mowschenson! He put me at ease with his expertise during a scary time. My surgery was quick, efficient and recovery was a breeze. He took the time to explain my pathology report, and answer any questions I had. My scar is barely noticeable after 4weeks... everyone keeps complimenting on how great it looks. I highly recommend this surgeon. Thank you Dr.Mowschenson!
in Arlington, MA |
I was referred to Dr. Mowschenson for a thyroidectomy four years ago. He was thorough, professional, answered all my questions in his no-nonsense, matter-of-fact, straightforward way and performed the surgery admirably. I recently had to have surgery for a cancerous lymph node, and I naturally went back to him, with similarly impressive results. I hope I don't have to go back for more surgery ever, but if I do need more surgery in his area of expertise, I will certainly go back to him.
in Lowell, MA |
I was diagnosed with Stage 3 colorectal cancer. My colonoscopy provider recommended me to Dr M. At our first meeting, he was very straightforward, and advised me that if I could not lose a significant amount of weight, that he would be unable to help me. We set a plan,and I did lose the required weight. We proceeded according to his plan, which was chemo and radiation, then surgery. Here I am 5 years later to tell you he is a terrific surgeon and I have seen him save others I have sent to him.
Randolph, MA |
I saw Dr. Mowschenson for consultation of Thyroid surgery related to Thyroid cancer. Surgery was scheduled quickly without issue. This is an incredibly talented surgeon who took time to explain the procedure in detail and answered all my questions. I could not be more pleased with the outcome of the surgery, and I would highly recommend this Doctor to anyone considering partial or full Thyroidectomy.
in Burlington, MA |
I recently had surgery and chose Dr. Mowschenson as he was one of the surgeon's that was highly recommended. From the moment I met with Dr. Mowschenson and throughout the surgical process he made me feel completely comfortable and prepared. The surgery went very smoothly and my recovery was exceptional! I highly regard Dr. Mowschenson for the level of care and professionalism. I can't thank him enough.
in Boston , MA |
I was and still am totally happy with Dr Mowschenson's care. At my sickest in the hospital and now at yearly check ups he has always taken the time to answer all my questions. Highly recommended! What can I say other than I am so happy to live an active life.
Boston, MA |
Horrific-no bed side manner at all. Very argumentative about changing my medicine after surgery when the one he put me on made me sicker than sick for 2 straight months. Had to find completely new set of Drs to help straighten my body out-AFTER my thyroid was removed without ANY testing from him. I suffered daily the entire 2 months since he yanked out my thyroid, which I find out now, NEVER should have come out. Had he done a single test, he could have known this. I was given no options.
in Bridgewater, MA |
Over 15 years ago he saved my life. I was suffering from UC and he did a not well known Illioanal pull through. He was a wonderful doctor but more important he was a wonderful, kind, funny man.
Have you seen Peter M. Mowschenson, MB?
Are you Peter M. Mowschenson, MB? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Peter Mowschenson

• Appendectomy, Open
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor

More What is medical malpractice
    • Settlement  (12/16/2011)
    • Amount or Range: Average
    • State: Massachusetts

Kings College School Of Medicine and Dentistry / University Of London Facility Of Medicine

Graduated in 1973

Guys Hospital
    Beth Israel Hosp Harvard
    University Of London / United Medical and Dental Schools Of Guy's and Saint Thomas's Hospitals

Peter Mowschenson has no awards or honors listed.

Peter Mowschenson has no media or publications listed.

• French

Peter Mowschenson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Peter Mowschenson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Peter Mowschenson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery
  • Malpractice claims found
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Peter Mowschenson

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Peter Mowschenson's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Peter Mowschenson

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients