Dr. Peter Mitchell, MD

Dr. Peter Mitchell, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery  |
Dr. Peter Mitchell, MD is an orthopedic foot & ankle surgery doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

2222 E Highland Ave Ste 425

Phoenix, AZ 85016

• AvMed
  • Golden Rule
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Mitchell

See how frequently Dr. Mitchell performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Foot Conditions
Bunion
Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
high

Dr. Mitchell's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

• Foot Sprain
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hammer Toe
  • Heel Spur
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Morton's Neuroma

• Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neuroplasty
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of California At Los Angeles
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1987
  • David Geffen School Of Medicine At UCLA, University Of California, Los Angeles
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Virginia Mason Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • University Of Washington Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Martin G Mankey, M.D. Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Mitchell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mitchell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mitchell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mitchell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mitchell to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Mitchell's Performance
in Phoenix |
With yrs of exp w Dr. M & other ortho's, I am confident that he is 1 of the most skilled F/A surgeons in the Valley. His staff & office are top notch. Great sense of humor/bedsidemanner & his knwldge is vast. Suggestion 2 him wld b 2 listen & not discount a patient when a diagn.or films arent clear & seek out alt opin's from colleagues. (patients may worry abt burning a bridge). If you fail in a diagnosis, there is nothing better than a Dr. who is confident enuf to apologize for falling short
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Mitchell operated on both my feet just over two weeks ago. From the time I called for an appointment to my post op meeting, he was exceptionally courteous, competent, and professional. He was careful and patient to review with me the options and possible outcomes. He has alleviated the pain I experienced for over five years and has given me back the ability to hike and live a normal life. I cannot recommend Dr. Mitchell more high.
Phoenix, AZ |
DR. Mitchell gave me a very brief exam. He did a foot xray told me that I had bone spurs which caused a problem with the achiles. He also told me I had a heightened pain response to what the xray showed... I followed up with another doctor who did xrays and saw different issues then Dr Mitchell's brief review. I found his attitude to be dismissive and totally unconcerned with my well being.
in Phoenix, AZ |
He has been very descriptive and answered all questions I asked. I would recommend him to anyone
Yuma, AZ |
The staff got me in very quickly! I'm from out of Town, they were all great! Dr MIchell was very caring and i felt at ease knowing he was doing my surgery. Broke my ankle in 3 spots and go for my follow up visit next Monday. Thanks Dr Mitchell! -Yuma, AZ
in Phoenix, AZ |
I went to Dr. Mitchell after having a bad consultation with another Dr. Dr. Mitchell actually listened to my story and spent the time needed to see what was going on. I am very happy with my results from my ankle surgery.
in Phoenix, AZ |
From the minute I met Dr. Mitchell, I started to feel betterand more confident about my Achilles tendon injury. At 42, and living a healthy/injury free life, I found myself in agony with a torn Achilles and in Dr. Mitchell's waiting room. He is a great blend of intelligent and caring. Dr. Mitchell takes the time to answer the mundane questions with a sense of humor and smart enough to use the latest techniques to deliver best in class results. He is the best.
in Phoenix az |
I have a worker's comp injury so 've Oct 9i ended up with sever nerve damage, torn tendon, and a bone spur that had to be shaved down and when it grew back 10 years later he was there to shave it down again...I trust him very much with my feet when other doctors can't find the problem he always does...I would highly recommend Dr Peter Mitchell
in Peoria, AZ |
Careful, caring and highly skilled. Staff is super. Thank you.
Queen Creek, AZ |
His level of compassion and understanding for how the condition affects quality of life issues was dismal. I would not recommend this physician. There are surgeons out there with good technical skills and good bedside manner
in Phoenix, AZ |
I am so very thankful for Dr. Mitchell - he was exactly the right choice. Professional, to-the-point, caring. He and his lovely staff helped ease my fears (I have never had surgery before and I was terrified) and helped me clearly understand what would happen. I cannot recommend Dr. Mitchell enough.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Mitchell diagnosed and treated/procedure of my bone spur with great care expertise and most personable. I recommend him to anyone in need of ankle or foot care..as the best .Other orthopedics refer to Dr. Peter Mitchell, for care in his specialty.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I had a Brostrom Repair with Dr Mitchell and had no problems with my surgery. He called the night of my surgery to check on me at home. Surprisingly, I had no pain other than an occasional ache relieved by Tylenol. I had no complications other than fear, which the Doctor was able to alleviate. The scar is barely visible. It's been 10 months and I'm better than I ever was. The only residual I have is some numbness that's barely noticeable. As an RN, I am incredibly satisfied and I would know.
in PV,AZ |
This was the most professional, efficient, and patient focussed experience. I have had multiple sports injuries and surgeries but Dr. Mitchell raises the bar to the highest level. He educates you before and after surgery so that you make an informed decision. I had a radiologist with me as an advocate and he has extremely high standards, as one would expect of a father, My advocate became a raving fun. He said that Dr. Mitchell is an excellent orthopedic surgeon and an artist. Exceptional.
Peoria, AZ |
Very arrogant and poor bedside manner
I am sorry your visit with Dr. Mitchell did not go as you would have liked, he does strive to provide the best quality care. Unfortunately there are difficult problems with answers that are not always what our patients would like to hear, and that may be perceived by some as more direct than they would like. We wish you the very best and hope you find a physician who will meet your needs.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Mitchell, MD?

See our Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery Specialists at Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

Visit Dr. Mitchell